Ohara YouTube Embed

Started by Suki, December 21, 2011, 03:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki

Well, nope, I didn't recommend censoring anything :P

The page you showed me its showing videos just fine using aeva, meaning you're not really using this mod, actually it seems you are no longer using this mod.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

mrkid

Quote from: Suki on July 01, 2015, 09:32:14 AM
Well, nope, I didn't recommend censoring anything :P

The page you showed me its showing videos just fine using aeva, meaning you're not really using this mod, actually it seems you are no longer using this mod.

Sorry, YakYakYak gave me that tip.

No, I am not using the mod. I had to remove it because even with Aeva disabled, the videos showed as black blocks.

hcfwesker

Quote from: Suki on November 16, 2014, 09:05:14 AM
Open your /Sources/OharaYTEmbed.php file and find 2 instances of this:

src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/$1"

Change both of them to this:

src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/$1&vq=hd720"

Was looking for this.  I tried both the edits in the same file, and now videos don't appear at all, so reverted back.  Anything else need to be done to get auto 720p settings? 

EDIT:  Welp, Realized the only way to get the auto 720p to work, was to set the actual embedded video size to 1280x720, kinda defeats the purpose since we can't have over sized videos posted :(  Least the option is there though.

FragaCampos

Thanks a lot for this tweak, Suki.
Although I would like to know what mod is using jquery instead of $ and causing this, it solved the black screen problem.

Kudos for your effort with this indispensable mod.

Quote from: Suki on June 28, 2015, 10:53:38 AM
You are using another mod which uses jquery with "jQuery" as the variable name, this mod (and SMF 2.1 too) uses "$".

You need to either change the other mod to use $ or replace all instance of $ with jQuery on the Themes/default/scripts/ohyoutube.min.js file file.

Suki

Since this mod (the youtube tag) now solely relies on jQuery I really need to find a way to avoid other mods interfering with it.  Its really a shame, I shouldn't have to worry about other mod's mess...

Hopefully SMF 2.1 solves this issue but then again many many mods will not be "properly" updated to 2.1 so I'm afraid this problem will still exists.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

mrkid

Suki, I applied the "jquery" change, got rid of the https>http censor, and have both Aeva and your mod running. Everything is functioning perfectly. Thanks for the great mod!

420Connect.co.uk

Can anyone confirm if the latest version of this mod makes video sizes responsive? (or know if this would be difficult to implement?)
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

FragaCampos

I know this already came up in this topic, but I guess it was not addressed again.
Is it possible or not very difficult to implement list support for youtube videos?

mrkid

The mod was working fine with Youtube, but seems to have stopped in the past few days. Not sure if Youtube changed their coding again.

FragaCampos

Its working fine over here.

420Connect.co.uk

Quote from: Suki on August 28, 2014, 03:11:33 PM
Actually, having this creates a lot of issues, specially when viewing a topic on a really large screen.  This bit of css matches the whole size of the screen, meaning that you will end up with a video as large as the actual screen, that looks pretty weird on desktops...  I know it shouldn't be an issue on smaller screens but for desktop ones it really feels rather weird having a huge video screen.

Using css @media will sove this but then again I no longer trust $context['html_headers'] since mod authors use it wrongly so this will be implemented only on the version compatible with SMF 2.1.  Will post simple instructions for people who still want to have this.

Still looking to make the videos responsive..  :-*
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

Suki

And I'm already working on it... but time is limited and have other priorities right now. 

Youtube lists will not be supported as they require using the youtube API which means having to constantly made changes to keep up with it, I don't have the resources nor the motivation to do that.

420Connect.co.uk

My apologies Suki,

I thought there was already a way to make them responsive using CSS at the moment..

(..although my attempts seem made the videos invisible?!)

I've undone all my edits for now and I'll just hang on for your instructions*!  O:)

Quote from: Suki on August 28, 2014, 03:11:33 PM
Using css @media will sove this but then again I no longer trust $context['html_headers'] since mod authors use it wrongly so this will be implemented only on the version compatible with SMF 2.1.  Will post simple instructions for people who still want to have this.

*Just to clarify on this part..
You will post instructions for people using the 2.0.1 to make the videos responsive but won't be adding it into the actual release?
but the version for 2.1 will have it built in, in an alternate method?

.. Right?  ???

& Many thanks for the time you have put into it already! :)

Suki

I have since then changed the approach, I am now using js to render videos (and make them responsive) and use the same approach for this mod's 2.0 and 2.1 versions which means any change I added will be ported to both 2.0 and 2.1.

420Connect.co.uk

Ahh okay!

Thanks for clearing that one up & I look forward to the next release.  :)

Suki

@420connect.info  can you please test this new version? it does include support for responsive videos and a few other fixes Do note that this will only work if you have a responsive theme, the default curve theme or any other variant of it will not work.

I tested this with the Responsive Curve mod and works well with it.

Heres the changelog:

1.2.4 - August 2, 2015,
- Added responsiveness to videos. This will only work on responsive themes.
- Fixed an issue when two or more instances of the same video where posted, none of them would be played.
- Re-wrote the JS code to use prototypes.
- Change the default size values to 480 x 270.

420Connect.co.uk

Quote from: Suki on August 02, 2015, 02:08:02 PM
@420connect.info  can you please test this new version? it does include support for responsive videos and a few other fixes Do note that this will only work if you have a responsive theme, the default curve theme or any other variant of it will not work.

I tested this with the Responsive Curve mod and works well with it.

Heres the changelog:

1.2.4 - August 2, 2015,
- Added responsiveness to videos. This will only work on responsive themes.
- Fixed an issue when two or more instances of the same video where posted, none of them would be played.
- Re-wrote the JS code to use prototypes.
- Change the default size values to 480 x 270.

Ahhhhhhhhh!

:-*  :-*  :-*

I can confirm this version works with Redsy!

Many thanks Suki!
Great job as always!  ;D

(I'm also just about to PM you with something you may be interested in!)

kitz

Thank you so very much for this mod.

I'd just spent quite some time trying to find out why my forum had suddenly started throwing 1000's of errors after a php upgrade.   The cause was YouTube BBCode which I'd previously used for many years without any problem.    I'd been looking for a suitable replacement which would not only handle the full url, but also take the param id so that all previous links would work.  Your update last month did just this.

The hard part was finding out what was wrong and trying to find a suitable replacement.   
The easy part was uninstalling YouTube BBCode and installing Ohara YouTube Embed.

Thanks - it works beautifully.  :)

DSystem

Simply perfect (1.2.4 - August 2, 2015)

Anyone who wants to see this new version up and running. Just check out this link:
http://eletronicabr.com/eletrotreco/19/conheca-o-sky-tower-o-novo-brinquedo-de-um-parque-dinamarques/35592/

Suki

Cool, I went ahead and updated the mod.

Advertisement: