Ohara YouTube Embed

Started by Suki, December 21, 2011, 03:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

Tiny bug report for the last version.

<script type="text/javascript">!window.jQuery && document.write(unescape(\'%3Cscript src="//code.jquery.com/jquery-1.9.1.min.js"%3E%3C/script%3E\'))</script> in OharaYTEmbed.php fails while validating the XHTML ;)

character "&" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

Regards
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Suki

Already aware of it since the first time I used, not really a bug, its just the validator not knowing how to handle JavaScript code or rather interpreting it wrong.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Ninja ZX-10RR

I know that the validator sucks, but isn't there a workaround for it?
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Suki

You can't fix something that isn't broken nor there isn't a workaround for something thats working as expected. You can remove that line of course, thats up to you. That line is there to prevent re-loading jquery if it has been loaded by another mod or loading it if it hasn't.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Well, I have tried this:
<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
!window.jQuery && document.write(unescape(\'%3Cscript src="//code.jquery.com/jquery-1.9.1.min.js"%3E%3C/script%3E\'))
//]]>
</script>

And the file gets called correctly, not sure if from the same mod, but since it's 1.9.1 version I think it is this mod, as I don't recall of any other mod I have using 1.9.1 (I could be very wrong at this, I am running 140 mods, please bear with me :D). Gonna have a second look later on.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

FinalBoss

Hello - great mod I have been using it non stop on my own forum.

However there is an issue with the actual image that represents the youtube and vmeo button on the post page. Where it would usually have the image for youtube (near the smilies) there is a button but it has no picture for it. Just a broken image link there. The button still works but for members who dont know the system it is difficult for them to realise what the button is for (because it had no image)

Is there a fix for this?

Thank you for the great mod

kitz

Works fine here.
Make sure that you have a vimeo image in each of the themes that are in use on your forum.   For eg the path would be something like

yourForum/Themes/yourTheme/images/bbc/youtube.gif
yourForum/Themes/yourTheme/images/bbc/vimeo.gif

Ive attached a copy of youtube.gif & vimeo.gif just in case you dont already have them.

FinalBoss

Kitz = legend!!! Fixed it, worked a treat - not sure why it didnt install the pictures to start with though. Any way, thanks for your time.

Liquidus

I'm getting a black screen, Anyone knows what the problem is?

I tried with this link

Edit: Vimeo works fine, only with youtube im getting the problem.

Suki

You have another mod installed with an old jquery version or another JS framework library. Need a link to your site to debug further.

Suki

Rudy23

Is it just me or it doesn't work with the newest SMF 2.0.11 version?

Ninja ZX-10RR

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Rudy23

Installed an older version and it works.

margarett

Suki, is adding the video title to the image preview on your plans? ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Suki

Only if I can find a reliable way to get that info without using their API. Theres the get_video call but I'm not sure if they are going to keep supporting it.

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Suki

For those of you interested, I've been updating this mod to work and use some of the new features SMF 2.1 offers, so far this is the result. Attached is a beta of this mod for SMF 2.1, the new features include:

- No file edits. Works with every present or future theme you may install.
- Works with the WYSIWYG editor. You can toggle between the normal and the html view.
- No "add iframe" to the list of allowed tags.
- Faster page loads. The mod only loads a video if the user clicks on it
- The mod now displays the video title and an image preview. The title is fully customizable via css.
- It is now easier to add new sites, will eventually release separate packages to add more videos without the need to uninstall/install the mod.
- Full responsive videos keeping the aspect ratio.
- Compatible with Breeze

And example of an SMF 2.1 forum topic with several youtube videos can be found here: http://missallsunday.com/index.php?topic=21.msg4669#msg4669

Bigguy

Holy crap you just read my mind. I was just searchin around for this for a new site. I am tryin it right now.

Advertisement: