News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Ohara YouTube Embed

Started by Suki, December 21, 2011, 03:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki

OK, are you familiar with FTP or using your cPanel file manager?

The file I mentioned should be located inside your Sources directory, from the path you provided, you installed SMF in a dir named "sith" so go to that dir and you should be able to see the Sources dir, enter that dir and you wil be able to see a list of files, look for one named Subs.php
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Eli McGowan

Or did you literally mean attach the file here?

Suki

Yes, download the file and attach it here using the forum's attach system.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Eli McGowan

I was on mobile, here you go.

There were also Subs.php.old2 and Subs.php~ files, do those matter?

Suki

Try the attached file.

Subs.php~  its a back up file, those are created when you install a mod.

Subs.php.old2  its probably an old file someone else renamed.

Eli McGowan

No change. :'(

I gave you the Subs.php file from "Sources," within my "sith" directory, was that correct?

Suki

Check your error log again, that error should be gone. perhaps the other error is also causing issues.

Eli McGowan

It worked, actually. I'd been in the wrong directory.

Eli McGowan

Suki

Oh cool and I'm actually am on my way to watch the new star wars movie :p haha what a coincidence! 

Glad it worked,  will keep on checking to see why this mod in particular causes so many issues

Ninja ZX-10RR

"I find your lack of faith... Disturbing"
;D
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Matthew K.

Because you use "integrate_menu_buttons" to load your JavaScript and CSS, any forum (especially big forums) that want to use this mod, it will not load videos if they have any level of caching that caches the menu buttons. Since integrate_menu_buttons hook is inside the loading of menu buttons, the resources will only be loaded the hits that the buttons are cached and re-cached, which is not very often without doing it manually. Therefore, anywhere that wants to use this auto-embedding will have blank divs showing up in their posts with no iFrames. Honestly, you should probably be using integrate_theme_include for your JavaScript and CSS files, and then find better places to add your JS variables (width / height), and either add credits hack manually, or once again, a better spot.

c0m4r1

I am sorry for my absence but was busy past months. I am glad that you have found solution but maybe you could provide some more information how to fix it ? Or maybe i can attach my Subs.php and you could check it ?
There is another problem with your mod - yt videos are not visible for logged in users. If you are logout, yt videos in iframe are ok. It is caused by jquery.min which is called before jquery-1.9.1.min
Didnt find piece of code responsible for this but maybe you know where can i find it ?

Suki

New version. 1.2.5

- Added support for imgur gifv format
- Move the css and js calls to integrate_load_theme hook.

imgur gifvs won't work with microsoft Edge browser, it does work with firefox/chrome/opera.

To upgrade just uninstall any previous version and install the new one.

@c0m4r1  The 500 issue is related to permissions, just be sure to set every file back to 644 and your folders back to 755  if for some reason your main public_html folder was changed too and you don't have FTP access to change it, talk to your host to get it restored.

Check your server error log too, there has to be some info about this there.

The youtube videos not visible for logged users is a jquery conflict with another mod, unfortunately, a lot of mod authors doesn't check if there is a jquery version already been used (or the version they are using its pretty old), they just add their own, this causes all kinds of issues with mods that uses jquery. There is no simple solution for this, needs to be debugged site per site but a list of installed mods will be a great start.

Matthew K.

themavesite

I really want to use this mod for the gifv support, but I already have thousands of posts on the forum that use the Aeva embed.
With Aeva you just pasted the youtube url and would embed, is this possible with this mod too? (So I can remove aeva and only use this mod)
(I don't want the two mods conflicting, would rather use one mod)

Ideally I can embed youtube automatically, and gifv with [] tags. Then I would switch to this mod instantly  ;D
TMS Forums
Since 2008 and still going strong! Join today! http://forums.themavesite.com/index.php

Matthew K.

This modification can automatically embed YouTube videos from just inserting their links. You can also use
tags as well, but they are optional.
Quote from: themavesite on February 22, 2016, 01:26:25 AM
I really want to use this mod for the gifv support, but I already have thousands of posts on the forum that use the Aeva embed.
With Aeva you just pasted the youtube url and would embed, is this possible with this mod too? (So I can remove aeva and only use this mod)

Ideally I can embed youtube automatically, and gifv with [] tags. Then I would switch to this mod instantly  ;D

themavesite

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on February 22, 2016, 09:54:13 AM
This modification can automatically embed YouTube videos from just inserting their links. You can also use
tags as well, but they are optional.
Quote from: themavesite on February 22, 2016, 01:26:25 AM

My bad!

I installed the mod, but no functionality has been added to the forum, and "Modification Settings" is empty.. How do I fix this?
(No errors popped up during install)

TMS Forums
Since 2008 and still going strong! Join today! http://forums.themavesite.com/index.php

themavesite

I managed to fix it, something went wrong during installation..

New question: How do I stop the "preload" image, I just want the normal youtube embed.
New question #2: How do I left align the videos? (they are centered now)
TMS Forums

themavesite

Quote from: themavesite on February 23, 2016, 04:27:53 AM
I managed to fix it, something went wrong during installation..

New question: How do I stop the "preload" image, I just want the normal youtube embed.
New question #2: How do I left align the videos? (they are centered now)Fixed in CSS
Bug: Gifv's are not working on mobile...  :( (iPhone)
Can you please make it work on mobile phones? Imgur's gifv's do work on mobile.
TMS Forums

Advertisement: