News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Ohara YouTube Embed

Started by Suki, December 21, 2011, 03:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki

Its not really the same problem, in your case a different mod is causing conflicts, take a look at the ncode resizer mod, thats the one causing JS errors.

The reason why only you have errors is because the specific code that generates JS errors is only displayed to you and not your regualr members or guests.

You shouldn't really modify the ohara min file, that file has been minified and if you modifiy it more issues will appear, the best thing you can do is fix the issue with the other mod.

Edit, apparently you have removed my copyright link from your credits page, while thats completely legal, I reserve my right to provide support for those who had removed my copyright.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

AlexMnrs

Quote from: Suki on April 05, 2016, 06:00:57 PMEdit, apparently you have removed my copyright link from your credits page, while thats completely legal, I reserve my right to provide support for those who had removed my copyright.

I haven't removed nothing. Your mod not added new lines on my footer. And I've tried to get it back making a new install of Ohara but no luck.

Grammy

Hi,

Your mod installed beautifully into 2.0.11 default with the package manager and works just fine; thanks so much!  I wanted to ask if an edit will allow the video to be viewed fullscreen?  I searched this thread and did see where one user achieved it but the section of code he/she specified doesn't seem to appear in the files inside the zip and I didn't want to break anything, since I am not proficient in file editing.  I thought it might be wiser to come here and simply ask, if you don't mind?

Thank you.   :)

Grammy

Quote from: Grammy on May 02, 2016, 11:59:48 AM
Hi,

Your mod installed beautifully into 2.0.11 default with the package manager and works just fine; thanks so much!  I wanted to ask if an edit will allow the video to be viewed fullscreen?  I searched this thread and did see where one user achieved it but the section of code he/she specified doesn't seem to appear in the files inside the zip and I didn't want to break anything, since I am not proficient in file editing.  I thought it might be wiser to come here and simply ask, if you don't mind?

Thank you.   :)

Or maybe you could tell me which file?  That might help.   :)

Suki

open you /Themes/default/scripts/ohyoutube.min.js file find this:

{frameborder:"0",

and replace it with this:

{allowfullscreen:"allowfullscreen",frameborder:"0",

Will release a new version to fix this.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Grammy

Oh, thank you, that worked beautifully!  It's a great mod, thanks so much.   :)

Geor'G

The spoiler is not working.
Do not expose the size of the width and height.

RU:
В спойлере не работает.
Не выставляет размер ширины и высоты.

UPD:
Fix to work with spoiler:
if (applyWidth <= 0 && applyHeight <= 0) {
applyWidth = $this.defaultWidth;
applyHeight = $this.defaultHeight;
}

Geor'G

Sorry, I found at fault.
Your creaking and.

RU:
Сорри, нашёл у себя ошибку.
Ваш скрип не причем.

Grammy

Hi, I've not seen this mentioned on this thread but, now that I'm ready to open my forum, I remembered an issue that I was just working around, in my test forum.  When I click either the YouTube or the Vimeo BBC button, I only get the first half of the tags.  For instance, clicking the YouTube BBC button only puts this: 
and [/vimeo] closing tags do not appear.  Is this maybe an installation glitch (and would require my uninstalling and reinstalling) or is there a file I could check?

Thanks so much.   :)

EDIT:  Ah....  you must put the link into the post first, highlight it and THEN when you click the BBC button, you get both tags.  I guess I'm used to another format elsewhere, where both tags appear and then you place your content between them.  All that to say a very sheepish "Never mind....."    :-[

Suki

A new version has been released:

1.2.6 - May 29, 2016,
- Add support for full screen videos.
- Remove multiple calls to this.responsive().
- Check the width and height of parent div before applying changes.

To upgrade just uninstall any previous version and install the new one and don't forget to check the "Install in Other Themes" checkboxes for all your installed themes.

Kardamilas

Goodevening

i installed the mod,is working great but it gives me
that when i press "reply"

I dont know if i should ask here or on my theme support forum.
Has anyone face that?

lucske

Hi Suki,

Thanks for this fantastic mod !
I only have a small problem with the videosize.
The preview picture of the embedded video shows up correctly in the topic.
Bud then it starts playing an i only see 1/4 th of the video.
I see the top-left part of it...
Then when i double-click the video it becomes full screen and when i close
the full screen then it shows the correct size inside the box in the topic.
Why is this happening ?
Can i do something about it ?
Thanks in advance for your reply...

Luc
SMF2.0.11

Suki

Quote from: Kardamilas on June 07, 2016, 07:18:07 AM
Goodevening

i installed the mod,is working great but it gives me
that when i press "reply"

I dont know if i should ask here or on my theme support forum.
Has anyone face that?

You need ot add the BBc images this mod includes on whatever theme you are using.

Or uninstall the mod, install it again and check ALL checkboxes for all the themes you currentyl have installed.

Quote from: lucske on June 07, 2016, 06:52:48 PM
Hi Suki,

Thanks for this fantastic mod !
I only have a small problem with the videosize.
The preview picture of the embedded video shows up correctly in the topic.
Bud then it starts playing an i only see 1/4 th of the video.
I see the top-left part of it...
Then when i double-click the video it becomes full screen and when i close
the full screen then it shows the correct size inside the box in the topic.
Why is this happening ?
Can i do something about it ?
Thanks in advance for your reply...

Luc
SMF2.0.11

I will need a link to see it.

lucske

Hi,
Here's a link to an embedded youtube film.
http://keyforum.eu/Forum/index.php?topic=6.0
Hope you can see it...

Solong,
Luc

Suki

Guest cannot see your forum.  Either make it temp visible for guest or pm a dummy regualr user account.

lucske

lucske

Have you been able to log in with the login i sendet you in PM ?

Suki

Does it happen with every video?

Does the video you are trying to embed has some special settings for displaying?

The video on your link has a predefined width and height of 652 and 424, thats what its been displayed directly from youtube, this mod cannot overwrite that for some reason.

So if you own the youtube channel try and take a look at its settings  or change the mod's width and height to match the ones from your videos

lucske

Hi Suki,

This happens with every video.
Some are in hd, some are not.
The one you watched (imagine) is in hd.
But there are others in the same topic (on stage) that are in different format but also have the problem...
I tryed to change the mod setting, but had to make it almost full screen for it to display the whole video...
The default size is the nicest one for the forum so i would like to keep that size.
Is there anything you can do so the video resises to the size of the window ?
Thanks for youre trouble...

Luc

Suki

What I mean is if this happen with any other video?  post a random vidoe from youtube, does this happen too?

Do you have any other youtube video mod installed?

Advertisement: