News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Ohara YouTube Embed

Started by Suki, December 21, 2011, 03:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki

Yes, thats something I'm aware of, will check when I have some time. Tracked in the meantime.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

lahmfan

Quote from: Suki on October 23, 2016, 11:51:33 AM
Yes, thats something I'm aware of, will check when I have some time. Tracked in the meantime.
sawweeet. thanks bro dudette

lahmfan

Hey @Suki, I noticed someone said that to align the video tothe left you need to modify this file

QuoteIn Sources/OharaYTEmbed.php find:

<div style="text-align:center;margin:auto;padding:5px;" class="youtube $1">

and replace with:

<div style="text-align:left;margin:auto;padding:5px;" class="youtube $1">
but i dont see that line anymore? how can i align the videos on the left? also for whatever reasons, imgur video (gifv) are not working for me .. not on chrome or firefox - not sure if you have any thoughts

Suki

Do you have some urls examples using the m.youtube format?

to make style changes, the mod adds its own .css file named oharaEmbed.css  the class you need to change is .oharaEmbed
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

lahmfan

Quote from: Suki on October 24, 2016, 12:49:23 PM
Do you have some urls examples using the m.youtube format?

to make style changes, the mod adds its own .css file named oharaEmbed.css  the class you need to change is .oharaEmbed
yes here you go

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UU4TRlXbTDQ&feature=youtu.be

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L1vAyWcEoCs&feature=youtu.be

let me check that css file .. i think i totally missed that one

Suki

Try this one and let me know if m.youtube urls works. Just replace your file on Sources with the attached one.

Also, do you have some examples of imgur gifv urls to test on?

lahmfan

Quote from: Suki on October 25, 2016, 10:18:44 AM
Try this one and let me know if m.youtube urls works. Just replace your file on Sources with the attached one.

awesome!!! it works now!

here are an example of the gifv urls

http://i.imgur.com/vGo06wk.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/QAkHEy6.gifv

but for some reasons, i think its my theme that messing with this.. but if you can take a look to see if its the mod

btw i am single , if you are looking for a husband

lahmfan

Quote from: lahmfan on October 25, 2016, 10:45:08 AM
Quote from: Suki on October 25, 2016, 10:18:44 AM

awesome!!! it works now!

here are an example of the gifv urls

http://i.imgur.com/vGo06wk.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/QAkHEy6.gifv

but for some reasons, i think its my theme that messing with this.. but if you can take a look to see if its the mod

btw i am single , if you are looking for a husband
Spoke too soon. Yes the m.YouTube  works now but it broke the regular YouTube videos

Suki

can you post examples of the broken urls?

Are you posting simple links our using the youtube tag?

lahmfan

Quote from: Suki on October 25, 2016, 11:18:47 AM
can you post examples of the broken urls?

Are you posting simple links our using the youtube tag?
the url directly
here is an example

Suki

Try this one, I made some changes to the way gifv are posted but for some reasons some examples just don't play at all, it returns a 404 code when trying to embed them, must be some config at imgur or something.

lahmfan

Quote from: Suki on October 25, 2016, 01:30:51 PM
Try this one, I made some changes to the way gifv are posted but for some reasons some examples just don't play at all, it returns a 404 code when trying to embed them, must be some config at imgur or something.

awesome! The youtube videos now work!
for the gifv, you are right, its still not working, but at least i am getting an error now instead of nothing . (no worries about the gifv .. its all good. )
thanks for your help

Suki

A new version has been released:

1.2.8 - Oct 25, 2016
- Improve regex for gifv and youtube urls.
- Pass the ID when using url auto parsing, prevents using another regex to get it.
- Use global scope inside closures..

To upgrade just uninstall any previous version and install the new one and don't forget to check the "Install in Other Themes" checkboxes for all your installed themes.

lahmfan

Quote from: Marceline on October 27, 2016, 09:47:44 AM

1.2.8 - Oct 25, 2016
- Pass the ID when using url auto parsing, prevents using another regex to get it.

To upgrade just uninstall any previous version and install the new one and don't forget to check the "Install in Other Themes" checkboxes for all your installed themes.
do i have to do that as well? or that file you gave included those changes?

Suki

not really, I'm using the same file I attached, do it if you care a bout mod's versions and all that stuff, otherwise no.

Rob Lightbody

Quote from: Marceline on October 27, 2016, 09:47:44 AM

1.2.8 - Oct 25, 2016

Thanks!  Upgraded on 2.0.12. with no problems.

aodio

lovely mate.. Very nice  ;)

cheers

coltp45

when I post a video this code appears />

Im using the last version 1.2.8

Snek Dankmemes

Gifv doesn't really work on my forum. 1 in 10 might work. The rest just show a black box. And is there a way you can make them just specify the height or width instead of both?

Suki

There's no real way to fix the imgur gifv,  some of them simply do not play at all,  I don't know if there's a setting to avoid embed on external sites.

I'll look at the height and width

Advertisement: