News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Ohara YouTube Embed

Started by Suki, December 21, 2011, 03:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsx

@Suki

Why does the centered link not display the embedded video in this way? The embedded video is not displayed. Such a solution doesn't work.

[center]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehjJ614QfeM[/center]

Kindred

I would assume, because it is inside another BBC, the autoparser doesn't pick it up
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Suki

Yes and it is by design. IF you want to put youtube urls inside any BBC tags, use the youtube tag.  I believe by default the mod centers the videos already and if not, the mod provides a custom class that you can use to make all videos centered thus avoiding the need to use bbc tags.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

jsx

I thank for information.

In this post I asked how to remove video centring and it suits me, but I want to centre only one video. Unfortunately, this combination does not work.

[center][youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehjJ614QfeM[/youtube][/center]

Suki

Thats because the css that controls the videos is loaded after the css applied to the center tag.  You could create a custom BBC for centering and then add its css on this mod's css file at the end but its honestly a lot of work just to center one single video.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Xpresskonami

This mod is working well for me but the problem is I set the Width to be "450" and height is "320" but it only look good on desktop not Auto fit on mobile. and also it as no Autofullscreen please how can I make the mod .. responsive on mobile and on desktop view ..

Suki

Do you have a link with an example of this behavior?

becometa

Great mod!
GIFV embeeding works as expected however youtube is being embedeed but playback button does nothing.

Example (last post) https://kryptowaluty.org.pl/sprawy-techniczne-i-opinie/dziennik-zmian/?message=253

Suki

I can click the video just fine as a guest using Vivaldi 1.14.

The mod largely depends on JS to render the videos, it might be the case that some js are only rendered for registered suers and that theres an error on that js, preventing this mod from showing the videos correctly.

Try loading that page as a guest and see if theres any difference.

becometa

Quote from: Suki on February 26, 2018, 05:56:15 PM
I can click the video just fine as a guest using Vivaldi 1.14.

The mod largely depends on JS to render the videos, it might be the case that some js are only rendered for registered suers and that theres an error on that js, preventing this mod from showing the videos correctly.

Try loading that page as a guest and see if theres any difference.

I've tried to play the video using:
- Chrome ver. 64.0.3282.167 64bit (both incognito as guest and normal as logged user)
- Firefox Dev ver. 59.0b12 (64-bit) (same as above)
- Opera ver. 50.0.2762.67 (same as above)

I've also installed Vivaldi ver. 1.14.1077.50 out of curiosity what might it look like ;) and unfortunately none of them played the video for me.

@edit

I've checked it on the second computer using Chrome as a guest and it acts the same - nothing happens.
However, Chrome browser on Android (smartphone) actually worked but with big black border on bottom of the video frame.

Suki

Can you open chrome dev tools and see if theres any js error showing when displaying a page with a video on it?

becometa

Quote from: Suki on February 27, 2018, 10:55:10 AM
Can you open chrome dev tools and see if theres any js error showing when displaying a page with a video on it?

this is being displayed in console after clicking the play button

ohyoutube.min.js:8 Uncaught TypeError: $ is not a function
    at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (ohyoutube.min.js:8)
    at HTMLDivElement.d (jquery.min.js:3)
    at HTMLDivElement.dispatch (jquery.min.js:3)
    at HTMLDivElement.r.handle (jquery.min.js:3)

It is conflicted with other mod using JS/jQuery?

Suki

Yes, most likely theres another mod adding/using jquery, you will need to list all the mods that are using it and remove them one by one to know which one is causing the conflict.

becometa

Quote from: Suki on February 28, 2018, 11:06:09 AM
Yes, most likely theres another mod adding/using jquery, you will need to list all the mods that are using it and remove them one by one to know which one is causing the conflict.

I've found the conflicting one. It's one of the mods made by SMFPacks called Super Quotes.
Mod author is informed about the issue and is working on it.

Thank you for your time!

Suki

Cool. Usually on cases like this the mod author checks if jquery is already loaded and only adds the library if it isn't, that greatly helps to avoid conflicts with other mods also using jquery.

SMF 2.1 solves this by using jquery by default.

njtweb

Any way to edit the BBCode to make the video scale based on the device it's being viewed on? Looks great on a computer or tablet but on a phone it stays the same size and doesn't scale down even with default curve theme and responsive curve mod installed.

Link to post https://www.youthhockeyinfo.com/index.php/topic,335.html

njtweb

Hmm, weird. I deleted this ^^^ Yesterday. Not sure why it's showing up again but the issue is sorted.

Sir Osis of Liver

Just trying this on test forum, 2.0.15 Curve.  Video loads, but click play button it scrolls up and get black screen.  Video plays normally on youtube.  Showing this code -

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FIeSFyV2tsI?autoplay=1&amp;autohide=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen" style="width: 480px; height: 270px;"></iframe>

You can see it here
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

njtweb

Works fine for me in Chrome

lurkalot

Works fine for me in Chrome, IE11, Edge, Firefox.  Did have a moment in Chrome where after I clicked play it scrolled but took a few seconds to load anything.  Apart from that it seems fine.

Advertisement: