Started by Suki, December 21, 2011, 03:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki

Quote from: Argon3000 on November 27, 2018, 01:14:47 PM
Quote from: Suki on December 21, 2011, 03:04:59 PM

For SMF 2.0.x only

Version 1.2.x and above requires PHP 5.3 or greater

Hello!

SMF 2.0.15 + Ohara YouTube Embed 1.2.9 on PHP 5.6 mod work.

PHP 7.0 mod does not work. On-screen text Youtube: "An error occurred. Please try again later (playback ID=...)"

Please, help?

JUst did a test on PHP 7.1.17 and the mod worked just fine. Since it relies heavily on js I suspect you have some js conflict somewhere.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Suki

@jsx and @FishingManMatt thank you for your translations, can you also provide a non-utf8 file?
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

jsx

Quote from: Suki on December 25, 2018, 01:37:10 PM
@jsx and @FishingManMatt thank you for your translations, can you also provide a non-utf8 file?

@Suki

I attached two language files. The translation have been revised, so please download these new files and please put this translation in your modification.

Suki

Hi jsx, your OharaYTEmbed.polish.php file looks kinda weird. For it to be valid, it needs to be encoded in the same encoding the Polish translation uses, right now, notepad++ detects the file as just "ANSI". This means that any special character won't be displayed correctly for users that aren't using the UTF8 Polish language.

According to wikipedia, Polish uses Windows-1250 so thats the encoding I'm going to use for that file and hope nothing gets too borked.

Suki

New version:

1.2.10 - March 10, 2019
- Add Polish translation, thanks to jsx and FishingManMatt
- Correctly delete language files on uninstall
- Spanish word corrections

jsx

Quote from: Suki on March 10, 2019, 11:49:08 AM
Hi jsx, your OharaYTEmbed.polish.php file looks kinda weird. For it to be valid, it needs to be encoded in the same encoding the Polish translation uses, right now, notepad++ detects the file as just "ANSI". This means that any special character won't be displayed correctly for users that aren't using the UTF8 Polish language.

According to wikipedia, Polish uses Windows-1250 so thats the encoding I'm going to use for that file and hope nothing gets too borked.

Hi,

OharaYTEmbed.polish.php file has ANSI coding set in Notepad++ that correctly displays the Polish language in translation SMF ISO-8859-2 also called (ISO Latin-2). You can download the translation with the ISO-8859-2 coding from the link and you can check that the same character encoding is set. If ANSI coding can not be set, it's ok. I did not know about it.

File provided by me OharaYTEmbed.polish.php has:

It indicates Notepad++

ISO-8859-2: These code values can be used for the following languages:

Albanian
Bosnian
Croatian
Czech
German (fully compatible with ISO/IEC 8859-1 for German texts)
Hungarian
Polish
Serbian Latin
Slovak
Slovene
Upper Sorbian
Lower Sorbian
Turkmen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO/IEC_8859-2

So the Polish language uses the Central European coding Windows-1250 (1252) and Eastern European ISO-8859-2.

Arantor

If only Win-1252 and ISO-8859-2 were actually the same thing; they're not. I don't *think* the differences matter for your file unless you involved MS Office products in the creation, but they're NOT the same.

Bitman1er

Hi suki

I just installed your mod on my 2.0.15 forum, no error so far, but no youtube embeded, with ou without tag

I have nothing on admin panel about the mod

and if I want to delete it I have this

http://condylure.info/upload/data/suki.jpg [nofollow]

Any advice ? I m blocked

thanks

Suki

It looks like the file edits weren't performed when the mod was installed so they fail on uninstall.

If you click in the little page with pencil icon you could see w hich line the packager manager is trying to remove, check if your file has that line, if it doesn't for all the file edits then you can safely remove the mod.

Bitman1er

ok, I saw no diff with original files, the mod did nothing so I deleted it :D

I reinstall it, it seems to work now !

thanx a lot, good job ;)

dorelse

Any ideas on why I'm not seeing any videos?  Just empty space when trying to link in a youtube video?  The install worked just fine!  I'm stumped!

I had Aeva installed, which quit working a while ago...so loaded up Ohara today to re-enable embedded YT videos.  Settings do show up correctly under Miscellaneous.   I would appreciate any suggestions!

SMF Version 2.0.15
PHP 7.1

Suki

Check your browser console for any JS error or provide a link to your forum where a video is suppose to load, dummy credentials if its for members only, and I will take a look at it.

Sir Osis of Liver

If you are running privacy or tracking protection in your browser, you'll get blank screen.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

dorelse

Quote from: Suki on August 20, 2019, 04:25:09 PM
Check your browser console for any JS error or provide a link to your forum where a video is suppose to load, dummy credentials if its for members only, and I will take a look at it.

Here's a direct link to the thread I pictured.  Thanks for taking a look!

http://forum.cgoamn.com/index.php?topic=8292.0

I do see a couple .js errors...added a screenshot...clearly not finding something thus the 404 error.

dorelse

Quote from: Suki on August 20, 2019, 04:25:09 PM

Suki - Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  I have copied the missing files to the right location and we're all set.  It looks like a former mod recovered part or all of the site and now, I've been left with a site that is 90% running out of the correct location, and 10% is running from the recovered files directory.  That explains why some files were missing after the mod install.  (youtube.gif, etc...plus a couple key files.)

So, I have a mess to clean up.

We're all set.  Thanks! 

sirfpsycho

for twitter this type of mod?

shadav

Quote from: sirfpsycho on September 22, 2019, 10:54:55 PM
for twitter this type of mod?
??? since when did twitter become youtube?
this mod has nothing to do with twitter
search is your friend ;) https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=search;basic_search=twitter

just a friendly suggestion, don't go asking about other mods in a post about a different mod (unless they are related or conflict), you're best bet is to start a new thread asking for help to find something (usually in the mod request forum)

jsx

@Suki

In Features and Options > Signatures > Enabled BBC tags

I turned off the use of youtube tags in the signature, but the embedded video is displayed in the signature. Why is this happening?

YogiBear

Hi jsx,

Try [noembed]  [/noembed] around the video's url.
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Suki

Will have to look at it to see how this mod behaves with the option.

Advertisement: