Ohara YouTube Embed

Started by Suki, December 21, 2011, 03:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scooter Trash

Anyone?
I'd like to change the default justification from "center" to "right"
(Using SMF version 2.0.17 with default theme - curve.)

Scooter Trash

Suki

Open your Themes/default/css/oharaEmbed.css  file, find the .oharaEmbed bit and below that remove these:

margin-left: auto ;
   margin-right: auto ;
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Scooter Trash

Thanks Suki. I tried, but no luck :(

Just to be sure, I uninstalled the mod, and removed the package.
I extracted the package on my computer and edited the CSS file, saved it. Re-compressed the folder, and then uploaded/installed the mod.
I also cleared the cache in both SMF and on the server.
Then, I posted a YT link. - It still displays in the center. :(

.oharaEmbed {
text-align:center;
background-position: center;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-color: #000;
overflow: hidden;
transition: all 200ms ease-out;
cursor: pointer;

Suki

post a link to your forum where a message with a video can be found.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Scooter Trash

Nevermind... The one cache that I neglected to clear was my browser cache *blush*

Works like a charm! You rock!
Thank you so much :)

BrunoR

Hi Suki,

Nice and simple mod! Thanks.
I have added french translation. See attachment.

It would be nice to have an option to constrain the embedded video size by width OR height and preserve ratio.

Suki

Thank you for your translation and welcome to SMF :) will release a new version with it shortly.

Will see about that option and how can it be implemented.

aquascape

ve tried to install the mod with my fresh forum 2.0.17 but not success.
I installed the mode by link the url in admin  panel. The mode appeared on the page but when click install there was a message showed unable to find a file.
Then I also manually install (not download the package this time) by changing the code for 2.0.17 in  source/post.php and source/sub.php
what happened was when save after edit source/post.php all normal (no change)

after save source/sub.php, page blank and error message came up.

Then I changed the source/sub.php  back to previous codes. Now the forum back to normal again.

I tried installed the mod again with url in control panel then did replace new code and same problem happened.
How can I install the mod, or it cannot be used with 2.0.17 right now??

Suki

How did you installed the first time? via the packager manager?  do you have a custom theme installed?  define "not success"  does the mod failed to install? did it get installed but no menu?  did it get installed but the BBC button didn't appear?

Suki

New version:

1.2.11 - May 07, 2020
- Add French translation, thanks to BrunoR
- Correctly delete language files

aquascape

Quote from: aquascape on May 07, 2020, 09:57:58 AMve tried to install the mod with my fresh forum 2.0.17 but not success.
I installed the mode by link the url in admin  panel. The mode appeared on the page but when click install there was a message showed unable to find a file.
Then I also manually install (not download the package this time) by changing the code for 2.0.17 in  source/post.php and source/sub.php
what happened was when save after edit source/post.php all normal (no change)

after save source/sub.php, page blank and error message came up.

Then I changed the source/sub.php  back to previous codes. Now the forum back to normal again.

I tried installed the mod again with url in control panel then did replace new code and same problem happened.

Quote from: Suki on May 07, 2020, 09:57:58 AM
How did you installed the first time? via the packager manager?  do you have a custom theme installed?  define "not success"  does the mod failed to install? did it get installed but no menu?  did it get installed but the BBC button didn't appear?
2.0.17 default theme.Yes via package manager.  I copied the mod address then paste on admin control panel>download new package> url but left" name the file" blank. After download,the mod appeared in the list normally. But after click install, the forum showed message "no filename or cannot find file name" so I click "back". I think it was installed.  After that I started the manual install by changing the code as I explained above.

Suki

What " mod address " ?

Are you not able to install mods the preferred way? that is, to download the zip file to your computer and then upload it via the packager manager?

Manual installation require you to do some extra steps due to hooks usage, it is preferred to use the packager manager instead.

aquascape

downloaded a package by url. I copy the url from the zip flie then paste it in the page (see the attachment).I did not double click the zip file to download to my computer.

Suki

Can you try downloading the zip file to your computer and upload it via the packager manager?

aquascape

Quote from: Suki on May 08, 2020, 10:36:20 AM
Can you try downloading the zip file to your computer and upload it via the packager manager?
I downloaded the zip file to my computer and tried to install it. then message below.
An Error Has Occurred!
Package upload failed due to the following error:
"Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF."

and I followed the list. All work now. Thank you.

Suki

mmm I also have issues with installing a zip file I created with Ubuntu 18.04. Perhaps it is the way it was compressed.  Can someone else make a quick test to see if you can install the mod using the latest zip I uploaded?

KittyGalore

Quote from: Suki on May 09, 2020, 10:49:51 AM
mmm I also have issues with installing a zip file I created with Ubuntu 18.04. Perhaps it is the way it was compressed.  Can someone else make a quick test to see if you can install the mod using the latest zip I uploaded?
I just tried i got the same error as here

"Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF."

you have to do it manually for it to show up.
SMF Curve 2.0x

Suki

Damn.

Thank you for testing it, will create another zip from another computer then.

Suki

Alright, made  a new zip file with p7zip hopefully this one won't cause any issues, dunno why the one generated by archive manager caused issues :/

Advertisement: