Error when trying to upgrade 1.1.15 to 1.1.16

Started by topthumb, December 23, 2011, 01:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

topthumb

I went into my admin today and it says that I'm using an outdated version of SMF, which contains some bugs which have since been fixed. It is recommended that you update your forum to the latest version as soon as possible. It only takes a minute!

I have 1.1.15 now but when I click on the update your forum I get the error:
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF

This has never happened before when I updated to the next version. Any help would be appreciated.

Illori

do you have any version emulation mods installed? if so you need to reset the mod to the current version and try applying the patch again.

Geek

Same bug here.

No version mods and all other updates went fine.

Cheers!
-= Gregg =-

Illori

well it installs fine on my 1.1.15 forum without issues so there is no reason for it to not install on your forum.

Geek

Quote from: Illori on December 23, 2011, 06:02:59 AM
well it installs fine on my 1.1.15 forum without issues so there is no reason for it to not install on your forum.

Comments like that lead me to believe support forums like this aren't needed.

Sorry, that was a very silly answer you gave.

Cheers!

** append **

THIS is an answer:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=463103.msg3233948#msg3233948
-= Gregg =-

LG965

-if I use the Administration Center: 
Update Available!
You're using an outdated version of SMF, which contains some bugs which have since been fixed. It is recommended that you update your forum to the latest version as soon as possible. It only takes a minute!

-I have:
An Error Has Occurred!
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

what's the matter?

PS: the same thing with download package

cheers

kat

Two things to try:

1) Upload the file http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/downloads/smf_patch_1.0.22_1.1.16.tar.gz using FTP, into your Packages directory and go to Package Manager to apply it.

2) Dearchive the tar/gz file and rearchive it to a zip.

2) worked for me.

Argonaut

I have the same problem when I try to use the package manager to update from 1.1.15 to 1.1.16.
No mods installed.

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

LG965

Quote from: K@ on December 23, 2011, 07:03:46 AM
Two things to try:

1) Upload the file http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/downloads/smf_patch_1.0.22_1.1.16.tar.gz using FTP, into your Packages directory and go to Package Manager to apply it.

2) worked for me.

I try your Nr2 with 7zip software but don't work for me... one questions... what compressor software are you used?

wandawill

It failed for me also. Here is a zip if anybody wants to try it, but I get the same message.

Mark Walter

I have smf forums on Windows and Linux servers.  I upgraded the forums from 1.1.15 to 1.1.16 on the Linux servers with no problem.  However, I am getting the compatibility error on Windows servers.  I would think it has to be a compatibility issue between Windows and the patch in it's current format.

Illori

sorry you dont have permission to distribute the package, so i have removed it from your post.

wandawill

kat

Actually, on this occasion, let's say "To Hell with it!"

Zip attached.

If anyone wants to give me any grief about it, let 'em. :)

Argonaut

Quote from: K@ on December 23, 2011, 07:03:46 AMTwo things to try:

1) Upload the file "http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/downloads/smf_patch_1.0.22_1.1.16.tar.gz" using FTP, into your Packages directory and go to Package Manager to apply it.

2) worked for me.

That worked for me too.
But I did it a different way:

1. Download the file: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/downloads/smf_patch_1.0.22_1.1.16.tar.gz to your Desktop.

2. Extract this file with WinRar or WinZip. 3 files will be extracted:

package-info.xml
    smf_1-0-21_to_1-0-22_patch.mod
    smf_1-1-15_to_1-1-16_patch.mod

3. Zip these three files into a new zip-file an name it "smf_patch_1.0.22_1.1.16.zip"

4. Upload/ftp the new generated zip-file "smf_patch_1.0.22_1.1.16.zip" into your packages folder on your smf-installation.

5. Login to the administrator area in your smf-forum and use the package manager to find and to install the "smf_patch_1.0.22_1.1.16" file.

6. Done  :)

*Addition: 7zip seems not to work reliable with this files.*

kat

That's the same way, really.

Still, as long as it works, who cares? :)

LG965

I have open the archive and there are 3 files.
- package-info.xml
- smf_1-0-21_to_1-0-22_patch.mod
- smf_1-1-15_to_1-1-16_patch.mod

Is correctc the .mod extension for the second and third file? should not be .xml?

cheers

Argonaut

Quote from: K@ on December 23, 2011, 08:13:21 AMThat's the same way, really.

Still, as long as it works, who cares? :)

Oh, well, then maybe I've just explained it a little bit more detailed.  ;)

Argonaut

Quote from: LG965 on December 23, 2011, 08:13:41 AM
I have open the archive and there are 3 files.
- package-info.xml
- smf_1-0-21_to_1-0-22_patch.mod
- smf_1-1-15_to_1-1-16_patch.mod

Is correctc the .mod extension for the second and third file? should not be .xml?

cheers

Yes, that's correct.

The .xml file is telling the forum-software what to do with the .mod files.

stt442

The file K@ attached worked fine.

I tried to do the same rearchiving with 7-zip and it didn't work. Not sure why it didn't work, don't have time to investigate any further.

Advertisement: