500 Internal Server Error after uninstaling package.

Started by agencki_tajniak, December 26, 2011, 03:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agencki_tajniak

I wanted to test out this:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=585
on my forum.
I have installed it and cuz it didn't suited me, I've uinstaled it. And my whole page get 500 Internal Server Error.
What I mean is that my site based on php fusion, and my forum based on smf 1.1.16.

My page is : hxxp:pockieninja.pl [nonactive] and forum is hxxp:forum.pockieninja.pl [nonactive].

Hope I will get some help here.

Illori

sounds like a file permissions issue, but without looking at your server error logs we can guess all day what the error is.

MrPhil

It's probably compatible with 1.1.16, but you'd have to ask on the mod's support thread to be sure. How exactly did you uninstall it? Were any errors reported in the process? The first thing I'd look for is your index.php file with a blank/empty line at the very beginning and/or the very end. If that isn't it, look at my sig > FAQs > 500 (Internal Server) Errors entry for more ideas. There are many things that can cause a 500 error, and editing errors during a mod removal can trigger many of them.

You might want to also look at my entry for "missing support files", and get yourself some 40x.shtml and 500.shtml error pages, as well as robots.txt and favicon.ico if you're missing them.

agencki_tajniak

My server error log:
hxxp:pastebin.com/6QUb4XwK [nonactive]
And I have uninstalled it in packages' administration panel just by clicking "remove package"

Illori

you need to check your file/folder permissions, if you dont know how contact your host they should be able to fix it

How do I chmod? / what is chmod?

agencki_tajniak

I am waiting for response from my host,  and I know how to CHMOD, but I can't find out which file or folder is wrong ;/
I think it must be over both smf forum and php site beacause both of them get that Internal Server Error.

My whole hosting is affected by that error. I just tried to install brand new scrypt on other domain that I have on this hosting (it is default domain that I am not using), and I couldn't even run install.php cuz of that Server Intenal Error.

Illori

that will not help of the chmod of the home directory was changed which i think is the ops problem, which the host would need to fix.

MrPhil

You're getting lots and lots of complaints that "/home/agencki" is writable by group. That appears to be a directory that's very high up in the tree, rather than specific to your account (is it?). Do you have access to change its permissions? If not, this should be affecting everyone on your server and your host will have to deal with it. If it is your account and you can change permissions, did you change them at some point? Perhaps it should be 755 instead of 775? You didn't change them to 777, did you? Did the uninstall process change the permissions for some reason? I can't imagine why a directory that high up would be touched... maybe you have been hacked?

Another common error message is the missing "favicon.ico". You should make an icon (16 x 16 pixel, ICON format, named /favicon.ico) because every browser asks for this file. See my sig > FAQs > Missing Support Files.

Taking care of the above two problems will greatly cut down on your error log entries. I'm not sure about the "Premature end of script headers" messages -- do a search on this forum, as I'm sure it's been discussed many times. Possibly a blank or tab before the opening <?php or after the closing ?> is being put out to the browser, forcing an early dump of the HTTP headers. Since this started happening right after uninstalling a mod, there's a good chance that the editing process failed and left a blank or empty line at the beginning or end of some .php file. You'll have to look around for that (concentrate on the files that the mod says it modifies). Finally, if UTF-8 is in use at any point in the process, check to see if an editor stuck a BOM (UTF-8 byte order mark) at the beginning of one or more files. Note that a BOM will be visible only if you're editing in single-byte encoding; it is invisible if your PC is in UTF-8 mode.

Finally, there are a bunch of missing directories or files that seem to be involved with WordPress. Perhaps you have some sort of SEO that is no longer rewriting URLs? Or you removed the directories or files and something is still looking for them?

Illori

it is a somewhat known yet unsolved issue that some mods for some reason cause the package manager to change the permissions on the home/<username> folder and in these cases the host must change the permissions, it is not a hack.

Advertisement: