News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Conversion issues

Started by Don Houston, December 28, 2011, 05:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Houston

OK, so I am trying to convert from MyBB 1.6.5 to SMF 2.0.2.  I am stuck on a page that says it is converting and there is nothing happening!  I need to try to get this done what can I do.  I looked at the converting area and no help has been given so I am trying it here

Don Houston

Look, I need to get this done.  Please can someone help me?

Suki

«  on: Today at 04:03:54 PM »
« Reply #1 on: Today at 06:29:22 PM »

You really won't get any help if you aren't patience enough, bumping your topic within 2 hours isn't gonna solve your problem faster.

You don't provide that much details either, if you really need help fast you should at least post a full description of your problem along with any possible info you may have, this will help whatever person is going to help you to actually be able to understand your issue and not just try to guess around.

Some words like "please" and "thank you"  may help too but it's just a will guess..

Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

sambling

There was a "please"- "Please can someone help me?"
www.forumhoopla.com Forum Promotion

Dustin47

Quote from: Suki on December 28, 2011, 07:36:11 PM

You really won't get any help if you aren't patience enough, bumping your topic within 2 hours isn't gonna solve your problem faster.

You don't provide that much details either, if you really need help fast you should at least post a full description of your problem along with any possible info you may have, this will help whatever person is going to help you to actually be able to understand your issue and not just try to guess around.

Some words like "please" and "thank you"  may help too but it's just a will guess..

I signed up just to respond to this. 

There was a "please," first of all.

Yes, he did give enough details.  In fact, he gave the exact version numbers, and the issue.  And frankly, the issue is not too difficult to understand: "I am stuck on a page that says it is converting and there is nothing happening!"

What other "details" do you want?

Don Houston

Quote from: Suki on December 28, 2011, 07:36:11 PM

First off,  What other information do you need?  Do you want screen shots?  I hate to be rude but what other information do you need?

thett3

Hello everyone,

I am David, the owner of this board, and I would like to solve this ASAP.

I also have a querry unrelated to the OP, How do I find the Path to MyBulletinBoard 1.6 and the Path to SMF?

thett3

I'm currently attempting to convert it myself (even uninstalled the convert.php and reinstalled) and I too am receiving this error.

THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE TODAY!

Dustin47

Advertisement: