News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Looking for the upgrade.php for smf database

Started by TheMortician4, December 30, 2011, 07:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMortician4

Hey guys, I need to find the package that has the database upgrade file for database version 1.1.9 to 1.1.13

Illori

the large upgrade package in the archives would have that file along with the sql's

TheMortician4

I have been searching the site for the past hour and can't seem to find them. What I need is the upgrade.php file. My hosting provider restored my site, and I can't see any of the posts afetr 10/2010. the system tells me I am running 1.1.13 but am using a 1.1.9 database. What files do I need and how do I fix this?

TheMortician4

I agree, first I have to get the site working again. It got severely broken and corrupted when trying to go to 1.1.14. So now we are just trying to get the site back up.....

This is the 1.1.16 archive, I need to fix the site first to work at 1.1.13....

Thanks again Illori

Illori

as far as i know there are no database changes since then so that file should work and if there are it should apply them.

TheMortician4

I remember having this error some time ago......

There was a package with an upgrade.php that modified the database and brought it up to date from version 1.1.9, this is the file I need to run. Since the site is running 1.1.13 currently, and posts created after the 1.1.9 upgrade cannot be seen, viewed, or even found...!!! Although the data is still there, the database can't correctly communicate with the forum because of the version difference (I believe that is how it works). Since SMF is a database driven forum, if te database is not current, then the site is therefore not as well. ((Did that make sense??????? Damn, am I actually beginning to learn this stuff? ((Scarey))))

Anyways, I need to first correct  this issue before I can go to 1.1.14, 1.1.15, etc.... If I don't nothing will work properly from this point on. I got this far, Now I just need that darn file to update the database.

Illori

let me say it again, that upgrade.php file in that large upgrade package is ALL you need, it will do _any_ database changes required up to the latest version.

TheMortician4

OK I see where I went wrong Illori, The drop down box on the right hand side was set to 1.1.16. so I set it to 1.1.13 and the screen changed, I apologize for my lapse of eyesight.

Now let me see if I understand you correctly, if I runn the 1.1.16 upgrade, it will fix the database and upgrade the site automatically to 1.1.16?

How does this affect the 30+ mods I am running? Some of which I have version emulate set at 1.1.10 because they have yet to be upgraded for this version of 1.1.13.

It is early here, and I have made such a mess of this 1.1.14 upgrade, I am leery of screwing the site up again.

Illori

if you only upgrade the database then you can apply the package manager upgrades after

TheMortician4

Yes that is what I am seeking. Exactly which package does that, and do I use the whole package or just a piece of it? Please walk me through it if you don't mind....

Illori

Quote from: Illori on December 30, 2011, 07:47:56 AM
the large upgrade package in the archives would have that file along with the sql's

TheMortician4

Yes understood that the large upgrade package does that, but the large upgrade package upgrades the site to 1.1.13 as well,yes? I am at 1.1.13, and just need to fix the database, so do I just upload the upgrade.php file? if so, how do I initiate the file to do its job?

Illori

i suggest you do some research, almost all your questions are answered in this thread already.

as you said you just want the upgrade.php script... well it cant run without the sql files as well. so i told you to use that along with the sql files [a few times]

and it seems you dont know to do an upgrade so read Upgrading SMF which tells you how to do an upgrade with the script.

you do not need to use the whole package if you dont want to, just those scripts and use the package manager from there to finish the upgrade.

Yellowrose

Had this same issue myself today

Thanks Illori for your responses here it helped heaps. I was able to upload just the needed sql scripts with the upgrade php and everything went very smooth.

Irisado

While it is great to know that this was helpful to you, this topic is nearly nine years old.  Please avoid reviving old support topics in future.  Topic locked.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Advertisement: