News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Can someone throw me a lifeline?

Started by jomac, December 31, 2011, 02:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomac

I have just installed SMF2 and im very pleased, i ran a forum for many years based on 1.15 it did all i wanted, i asked my friend, who looked after that site to help create my new site, based on the same set up. I ended up with a phpBB site, with WIKI and sales, that no one could even understand. We fell out, it was ditched!

After 2 weeks of struggling (and learning how to upload files via Filezilla) Ive posted many questions, and received many helpful and great answers, but sorry, im a thicko, ive spent a night trying to sort the obvious, and failed!

I have done all i can do, within the limits of my knowledge and intelligence, and to be honest, i am bloody struggling!

I now have the basics up and running, i like the look, but im failing to get simple add ons to work, can someone please help?

I would like to give someone the temporary admin rights just to click the right buttons, to get things running, would someone be prepared to help me?

This is not a $$$ site, i want to use it to help students where im teaching in Indonesia.

Many thanks,
                     Jomac

busterone

Exactly what are you attempting to install. Which mods, and what are your error messages or anything else that would be helpful to pinpoint the problem?

jomac

Happy new year to everyone!

The 5 packages ive had headaches with are as follows:

Dual Language support, English/Indonesian, no errors, all options turned on but nothing there! posted for help and tried the solutions.

Simple Image Shack, image upload, nothing happens, no options on posting page.

WIKI links, nothing happens.

Babelfish translate, possibly wrong version.

Creating a PDF library, posted the question, replies way over my head.

In each case i have made sure that the version i am using is compatible with my SMF 2.0.2 and works with my theme SDK_Hallowen, but whilst i have experience of running a forum, adding tweaks and day to day admin, this is just beyond me... :(

jomac

www.jomac.asia

Chas Large

I've marked this as solved as Jomac and I are working on building a new site to his requirements.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Advertisement: