News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Salvaged board Deletion

Started by kgw, January 01, 2012, 07:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kgw

Had a friend that didn't want any posts in a specific board any more and instead of sitting there deleting them one by one, he deleted board.
To make sure everything was fine he did a repair and optimize. Goes back to the Main site and voila! They were all there in "Salvaged boards".
Now I come in. I try to delete the boards the posts are in and his site times out (Welcome to siteground).
It seems the only way he MIGHT be able to delete post is by having to do them one by one. There has to be an easier way as this is going to be
extremely annoying to go back to the main forums, delete more posts one by one, then do it in the "Salvaged boards.
We want deleted posts to STAY DELETED.
is there a way to select 10 - 20 posts at once and KEEP THEM DELETED?

Illori

in your profile you can change your preferences to allow check boxes for moderation and check them all to delete them. profile -> look and layout preferences

kgw

HUH? How would that help when you want to PHYSICALLY DELETE A POST?
Delete a ton of posts no longer wanted because of size.
Do a repair database, then optimize
A salvage area appears. Why?
this is like taking out the trash and the trash man coming and sticking it back into your house!

Illori

you asked how to delete them that is one way to do so. you can delete posts from that board and that is a way.

kgw

kgw

WOW! I am so retarded! Thanks so much! Now its doing  EXACTLY what I need it to.
Thank you so much!

Advertisement: