News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 R4 (problem)

Started by Melkutis, February 22, 2012, 03:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melkutis

Welcome,

(1) Question: I would like to know how to change the version of SMF From 2.0 R4 to 2.0 or  2.2(any version use better?), Just so that no one go away?

(2) Question: What is the best use shoutbox (SMF), and how to install it correctly?
Thanks in advance.

NanoSector

(1) You can use the Large upgrade package, which is available at the same page you downloaded SMF from.

(2) Depends on your preference, really. There's shoutboxes included with portals, and also stand-alone shoutboxes.
I'd suggest searching the mod site :)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Melkutis

Thanks. Can u recomendate which shoutboxes better ?

NanoSector

Quote from: Melkutis on February 22, 2012, 04:15:52 PM
Thanks. Can u recomendate which shoutboxes better ?
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=search;basic_search=Shoutbox

Choose one :)

Make sure the compatibility list at least has "2.0" in it, though, as most 2.0 and 2.0.1 mods install on 2.0.2 without problems.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Can we mark this solved, or is there something else you need help with? :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: