News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[ASK] Embed Sharethis on SMF 2.0.2

Started by kuskusforum, January 03, 2012, 08:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kuskusforum

Hi all...

I would like to ask.. how to embed hxxp:sharethis.com [nonactive] button on SMF 2.0.2 .. anyone can help me?

mashby

Where would you like to have it appear? Every page or every topic?
Every page=index.template.php for each theme you are using
Every topic=Display.template.php (likely only in your /Themes/default folder)
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Illori

i think there is a mod that can do this for you

Oldiesmann

Quote from: Illori on January 03, 2012, 08:57:20 AM

You're thinking of AddThis, which is a different (though similar) site.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

kuskusforum

Quote from: mashby on January 03, 2012, 08:55:29 AM
Where would you like to have it appear? Every page or every topic?
Every page=index.template.php for each theme you are using
Every topic=Display.template.php (likely only in your /Themes/default folder)

Only in topic... after what code .. should i paste the code from sharethis [sorry i'm totally newbie in coding..]

Quote from: Illori on January 03, 2012, 08:57:20 AM

thanks bro... but i can't found any mods for sharethis... maybe u can help me to find out?  O:)

kuskusforum

anyone .. can help me for this issue..?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Do you have the button code already? Where exactly in topic view would you like have it shown?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

emrahseral

Hi everyone, how goes it? I didn't want to create a new thread even tho this thread is old because it is exactly what I'm looking for.

Well, I understand I need to put the ShareThis code into the index.template.php thing but just how exactly does one go about that? I mean, ShareThis, rather offhandedly, says "Place these script tags in "head" section of your html.", which is fine and great but I have been trying for a while now but haven't been able to make it work. I'd really be grateful if someone could help me out.

PS: I tried earlier to leave a longer, more detailed message with codes, etc. but got a reply back saying I couldn't post external links here so if anyone want to help and needs to see the codes, I'd be more than happy to PM them to you.

Thank you.

emrahseral

I found a way to do it-as someone here pointed out, there apparently WAS a mod for this, which can be found at: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3163

Advertisement: