News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

wrong redirects

Started by eddi, January 05, 2012, 06:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddi

Hi support,

i have just installed smf 202 and have already set up boards/logo etc..
but i have a big problem.

when i want to create a new category
and i click "Add Category" it does not redirect me back to the board admin, it shows a blank page instead,
so that i always have to click the browsers back button to come back where i was.

example:

this is how the url should look like:

mysite dot com/forum/index dot php?action=admin;area=manageboards

but this is how the url looks (a blank screen):

mysite dot com/forum/index dot php?action=admin;area=manageboards;sa=cat2

now, this is not that tragical, but the same happens to registered users trying to sign up to the board, they are also redirected to a blank screen:

they should be redirected to the index page of the forum (mysite dot com/forum/index.php)
instead they are redirected to a blank screen:

example:

this is where members should be redirected to (after typing in the username and password):

mysite dot com/forum/index.php

but this is where they how the url looks (a blank screen):

mysite dot com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=f539f3523bac2e7cc00351cf9bc7adbb&action=login2

pls. help, what shall i do ?

p.s. i am a total php newbie !

eddi

Chas Large

Quote from: eddi on January 06, 2012, 03:07:04 AM
bumb for help
I assume you meant BUMP? Bumping does not help. We're all volunteers and may or not be able to help. Please don't bump requests, especially after such a short time.

Check that your paths are set correctly.

Check that the appropriate directories are writeable, if not then calls to functions can fail.

Admin > Main > Package Manager > File Permissions:

All the main directories listed & their content, the agreement, settings and settings.bak files should be writeable. If not choose:

Use predefined permission profile: and set it to Standard - Key files writeable then click MAKE CHANGES.

My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

eddi

thanks, ever single file is writable, unfortunately it still does not work :(

Chas Large

Do you have cacheing enabled?

Has the site ever worked?

Did you get any errors during the install process?

Are you using the default theme?

Do you have any modifications installed yet?

Can you provide a link to the site?
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Advertisement: