News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

why is the info on the info center wrong ??

Started by krash661, January 06, 2012, 01:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krash661

when I go to post my site link on a different site to advertise my site ( it gives a showing to the info center),the info on the info center is wrong,
It shows different Info than what is actually displayed on my site

It displays: 157 Posts in 66 Topics by 71 Members. Latest Member: InwawayRora

It should display (The actual) Is: 261 Posts in 75 Topics by 185 Members. Latest Member: camarokfu

What would the reason for this to be occurring?

krash661

Quote from: krash661 on January 06, 2012, 01:19:10 PM
when I go to post my site link on a different site to advertise my site ( it gives a showing to the info center),the info on the info center is wrong,
It shows different Info than what is actually displayed on my site

It displays: 157 Posts in 66 Topics by 71 Members. Latest Member: InwawayRora

It should display (The actual) Is: 261 Posts in 75 Topics by 185 Members. Latest Member: camarokfu

What would the reason for this to be occurring?
?

Illori

krash661 please do not bump within 24 hours we are all volunteers and reply if and when we know the answer

Arantor

krash661

Quote from: arrowtotheknee on January 06, 2012, 05:28:03 PM
Because that site has old data.
So it's that sites server?,If so that means there's nothing I can do about it,right?

mashby

What is the other site? And I imagine the info center on your site is still correct, eh?
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

admirable

In my point of way & research....
The search engine or other site has showing old data, the data in which you have listed your site on it... Your web Forum is showing actual data but you put your forum to other website (who is not currently/regularly updating their server to collect data info from your web forum).....
My Website| JA Technologies
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Do hard work, one day you will be awarded for that!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

krash661

The site is LinkedIN

O.K,that makes sense.So just re post/refresh the link on that site then?

Arantor

Try it, see what happens. But since it's being cached, you'll have to do that pretty often.

krash661

yeah,I already expected that :)..Thanks for your help and I guess this is solved.

Advertisement: