Difference Between Notification Settings?

Started by j.razz1, December 14, 2011, 07:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.razz1

Can someone explain to me the difference between the two settings: Instantly and Instantly - but only for the first reply?

I am asking because when I choose Instantly I only get notified of a new topic and the first reply only (nothing further unless I go to the topic and choose to be notified more on that particular topic). 

I have some background on this here if you are interested... just confused and can't seem to let this issue go :)

j razz

j.razz1

I guess I should note that in the second drop down I have Replies and Moderation selected as that could have bearing on my situation.

j razz

TheListener

You do realise you can modify posts if you want to add to them later?

The difference is.

1. Instantly on every reply.

2. On the first reply only and none after.

j.razz1

Yes- I know I can modify my post- it just took me two tries to get it to take (forum problems) and I didn't know if it would attempt to upload the photo again, which is what I assume caused the delay.

The difference is.

1. Instantly on every reply.

2. On the first reply only and none after.

I would think that would be pretty self explanatory, but with option 1 I am only getting the initial topic post via email and 1 reply only.  That is what I would expect from option 2.  What am I missing here?

j razz

j.razz1

Would someone be willing to test this and see if you get the same results that I have concerning Notifications? 

Thank you.

j razz

j.razz1

I am still confused about this.  Would anyone care to test out the two options and see what results you get?  If not, if a SMF staff member could clarify this, I would greatly appreciate it!

j razz

Advertisement: