News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Membergroup names

Started by Burke ♞ Knight, June 15, 2013, 06:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burke ♞ Knight

How do I change the character limit for the membergroup name field?
I'm needing to do a group that has two two letter names, and an image. It cuts off, showing that it is set too low for what I need.

SMF 2.0.4

Branko.

PhpMyAdmin> membergroups table > Structure> group_name >  varchar(80) and change value
Strong people don't put others down, they lift them up.
A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

Burke ♞ Knight

Thank you.
I had forgotten more than I thought I did...LOL

Thanks for the quick response, too. :)

Kindred

but WAIT...   you ***DO NOT*** want to add HTML like an image tag into a group name.
That will screw MANY MANY MANY things up on your forum.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Burke ♞ Knight

I just have it for one membergroup that has only one member. Will have only one member.
I needed to do it, as could not get it to show the second membergroup image.
I've done it before with the whole lot of the groups, and the only issue I had was havimng to deal with invisible group names...LOL

I think it'll be okay with the one I did, but if have better idea, please let me know. Here is the site for you to see:
http://www.strpg.cc.nf/
Look at Jean-Luc Picard, the Main Admin account. That's the only one that will have the image in the name.

Kindred

as I said... bad idea.

If you need multiple badges, there are several mods that allow you to do this
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Burke ♞ Knight

Stars and Badges, the one I used in the old site, is outdated and has many errors. I worked almost 2 weeks on getting this site back up. Any ideas and help would be most appreciated.

Burke ♞ Knight

That's for post count badges. I need for 2 regular non-post count groups to be shown.
However, that one might help out on another site. :)

Advertisement: