News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Topic Prefixes?

Started by Rust, February 27, 2012, 07:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rust

Is there a tool that allows you to create board-specific topic prefixes on 2.0.2?  I tried SMF Topic Prefix Mod, but it resulted in:

"At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF."

So, I didn't install it.  Any recommendations would be great.  Thanks. :)

Eudemon

perhaps you can modify the files of codes that showed errors yourself

hcfwesker

Manual Installation of Mods

Parse ther MOD on the mod page, and whatever files give you install errors, just the parse page and manual edit those files, then install the MOD afterwards

Rust

Thank you both for the replies.  I do appreciate the help.  I will be honest and say I am not totally sure what I am to do with manually parsing it, as I am new to this technology.  I'll look over the link, though, and give it a try.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Manually installing mods basically means that you use the manual install instructions from the download page, and do all the edits it shows manually.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: