[2.1/mod] Password Force Change/ Password Flagging.

Started by Benchtech, January 10, 2012, 03:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

ok... enough.

Benchtech,   this will probably not be a feature any time soon...    I'd suggest asking for it as a mod. If the mod becomes popular/much used, then it would be considered for a feature addition in the future.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Norv

Thank you for the proposal, Benchtech, and for the discussion.

I think it makes sense for accounts created from admin panel, indeed, as pointed out before.

I don't know how many cases of admins resetting passwords exist (for older accounts), since users should be able to reset their passwords (if one forgot their email address or has another one, they can request the admin to set another email for them, instead of resetting the password).
All things considered, I incline to add this one way or the other to SMF logins enhancements - or rather its ecosystem of official mods. I don't really see the "global" option (all users must reset passwords next time) as core feature..., for the reasons pointed out above - but for the same reasons it may be useful to develop a mod/tool that will allow the admin of a forum in need for mass-reset of credentials to have it at their disposal just in case. Thank you for the idea, it never occurred before, that I can remember, anyway. :)
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Benchtech

Quote from: Norv on January 19, 2012, 09:10:12 AM
Thank you for the proposal, Benchtech, and for the discussion.

I think it makes sense for accounts created from admin panel, indeed, as pointed out before.

I don't know how many cases of admins resetting passwords exist (for older accounts), since users should be able to reset their passwords (if one forgot their email address or has another one, they can request the admin to set another email for them, instead of resetting the password).
All things considered, I incline to add this one way or the other to SMF logins enhancements - or rather its ecosystem of official mods. I don't really see the "global" option (all users must reset passwords next time) as core feature..., for the reasons pointed out above - but for the same reasons it may be useful to develop a mod/tool that will allow the admin of a forum in need for mass-reset of credentials to have it at their disposal just in case. Thank you for the idea, it never occurred before, that I can remember, anyway. :)

Thankyou:)
Owner, admin and member of benchtech forums.

Advertisement: