RSS Feed Poster

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 11, 2007, 07:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaos40

I dont know if this question was asked before

but is it possible to add an avatar to the rss feed poster?

vbgamer45

I think if you choose an existing forum user that has an avatar as the poster it should work.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

chaos40

Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 27, 2023, 03:57:45 PMI think if you choose an existing forum user that has an avatar as the poster it should work.

that worked..thanks!!!

would you happen to know how to get the feed poster to stop adding in the bbc codes for youtube videos?

Source: 🔴 ABL LIVE: Jamie Foxx Returns, RFK Jr., DeSantis, No Pensions, Try That In A Small Town, and more!

I'm thinking if the [url= tag wasn't included the youtube video would embed just like any other and that's what I would like

thanks

chaos40

Anyone have any ideas on this one?

it would be an awesome feature

thanks

bennasria

I want a solution to the duplicate topics
I use ubuntu crontab to run https:// mydomain .com/cronrss.php

Steve

Quote from: bennasria on November 09, 2023, 08:06:00 AMI want a solution to the duplicate topics
I use ubuntu crontab to run https:// mydomain .com/cronrss.php
What you want and what you'll get may be two different things without a little more detail.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Arskrigitsioniets

I have a problem: poster doesn't work automatically. When I launch process through forum task manager,it works and I see posts, but then it stops. It generates proceses in logs but don't post by its own. I tried various times in settings, default 360 min, 5 mins etc. What can be cause of this problem?

vbgamer45

Could be an error in the feed if not proper xml check error log.
Could be feed not enough items to post.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Arskrigitsioniets

I've discovered what was the cause of the problem: the next update feed time doesn't change until I run the feed manually. I just thought that it will be changed after I changed it in settings. Not so evident, would be helpful if the UI would be more informative about it.

vbgamer45

It should update if you have a task in SMF's task manager or a cron job setup.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Arskrigitsioniets

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 16, 2023, 02:02:08 PMIt should update if you have a task in SMF's task manager or a cron job setup.
The task exist, and I see in logs that it's performed regularly, but it is seems that Feed update time updates only when the very update time comes, or I manually run the feed through plugin interface.

Arskrigitsioniets

I've faced another bug. The plugin creates a lot of topics with the same name. After I delete some of them, the forum itself displayed as empty. But actually contains these topics. See in the attached video what happens after I delete duplicates. My RSS feed doesn't contain duplicates: https://strategycon.ru/category/news/feed

Arskrigitsioniets

Another one video. That topics appeared again when I create some new topic in the forum. After I delete it, they disappeared again. You can see these the same topics RSS poster created, with the same title and text.

Arskrigitsioniets

Also, I have continuous mistakes: Undefined array key "name". Sorry, the plugin is too much buggy now, I use it on a clean SMF 2.1.4 installation, on default theme only with css edits. I hope the bugs will be resolved.

Advertisement: