News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Random Pagan Verse

Started by vbgamer45, January 13, 2012, 06:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Link to Mod

Random Pagan Verse
Created by Runic

Support | Donate

Compatibility
For SMF 2.0.2

Introduction

This is a combination of four pagan texts, you can choose from:

• Random Havamal Verse
  • Random Wiccan Rede Verse
  • Random Witch's Law Verse
  • Random Thelema Quotation
Or if you wish to show them all this is also possible.

The mod combines all the files into 1 language file and gives users the option of displaying what verse they would like to display.

This mod is designed for a Pagan Community.

This work is licensed under a closed license.  Please contact Runic for more information.

A very big thank you goes to IchBin for updating this mod so that it makes no file edits and so that it works with all portals!!
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Fussilet

good idea for holy books (Kuran, Torah, Bible, Psalter,Zarathustra, Buddha etc...)

nice mod...

Deaks

Thank you Fussilet it has actually been available for ages on my own site, just felt it was time to get more people interested in it, my site has many mods and themes taht arent available on here.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

DarkAngel612

I had the rede for 1.1.16 but now that I have 2.0.2 I would like to install it again...however,

I have downloaded it several times and tried to install it but as you can see this is the error I get--please see image

I checked the files and this is what it is looking for in the boarddir/index.php:

// Action and board are both empty... BoardIndex!

this does not appear in the file at all.

How to fix?

Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Deaks

can you attach you index.php please, I just tested on my 2.0.2 forum and it works fine, so I am guessing that a mod has removed that line.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

DarkAngel612

I never thought of that, here it is
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Deaks

try this, the issue is that TinyPortal removes that line.  I havent tested this and I refuse to install a crap portal just for testin it
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

DarkAngel612

that's fine, I tried it by overwriting the one on the server with this one and it just will not show up at all.

I will just uninstall it and transfer the lines to images and have a banner that rotates with them...all is good but thanks anyway.

Deaks

did you install the mod then overwrite with this one?
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

DarkAngel612

yes, installed mod, got error about the index file hit install anyway.

then uploaded the one you supplied and overwrote the installed one...was I not supposed to?

Deaks

and did you turn the mod on?
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

DarkAngel612

yes sir I certainly did and choose the two I wanted to show but nada

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

DarkAngel612

still no go.

don't worry sweety, I don't mind making images as banners for the forum.

Deaks

hmm its pissing me off thats why ... should use a decent portal like Simple Portal ... works with that :D
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

DarkAngel612

well for some odd reason no matter what it won't show and it is frustrating when it should but decides not to. but tis ok, really. I have had TP since day 1 five or so years ago and sorta know how to wrangle it to behave...I am weird, I like it...lol

If you want to keep trying tis fine I will test the file but don't hurry on my account.

DarkAngel612

ok how weird is this.

mebbe I misunderstood where it is supposed to be seen...was thinking forum board index page so no it is nekkid

but right now I went to one of the category topics and lo and behold there is the  little centered block showing up but

yes there is a but

on the default smf theme it is in a boundary box centered but in the theme I have for to show (BlazeDark) it is not centered and it is not in a boundary box...prefer it not centered...

so is it supposed to show in main forum page or just the category---would love it in the main forum page only

Deaks

should show in both :/  is the text displaying?
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

DarkAngel612

yes text displays, placed the css code into the themes css file so that it is showing on the dark back with nice red border too.

but tis only when you leave the main board page that you see it...in the individual boards only.

Deaks

can you send me link please :)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Advertisement: