News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[Help!] Error Before Being Able To Convert!

Started by NerdGasm, January 21, 2012, 05:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NerdGasm

Hello,
I am currently having a bit of trouble converting from MyBB 1.6x to the latest release of SMF using this convertor. I continue to get this error; (this is when i was trying to convert from 2 different databases. one for SMF, and the other from the MyBB.)
QuoteSorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of MyBulletinBoard 1.6. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user 'db_com'@'localhost' for table 'db_users'

I have tried several times to install SMF on the same database as my MyBB. Though, it just gives me this error also when i attempt this;

QuoteUnknown column 'variable' in 'field list'

I have nowhere else to turn and need to convert this as soon as possible. Please, if anyone knows a work around or knows what i am doing wrong, please inform me of so.

Thanks SMF,
N3rdGasm.

kat

If you don't have permission, check with your host that you have full ownership of the files on your site.

Whilst you're there, ask them to disable mod_security.

NerdGasm

Thanks for the fast reply. I messaged them, and awaiting a reply. I will post the results once received.

NerdGasm

A reply! :D
QuoteI have fixed file ownership and public_html permissions related issue for your account.
I'm going to go and retry the conversion now. I keep up-to-date on whether or not it converted. (:

NerdGasm

Didn't help. I'm still receiving the same error. I truly have no idea what's going on.

QuoteSorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of MyBulletinBoard 1.6. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user 'db_com'@'localhost' for table 'db_users'

NerdGasm

FIXED!
I just went into my websites cpanel, and added the SMF's user to MyBB's database. And its converting. I just have to edit the sql to include birthdates. ^-^

NerdGasm

Ran accross another error of course.
Dunno if you can help me again or not, but heres the error;
QuoteConverting posts (this may take some time)...The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: modified_name

Its not copying all my posts / topics for some odd reason.

Advertisement: