News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Paid Subscriptions - Most likely IPN issue

Started by Psyxius, January 15, 2012, 05:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psyxius

Hi!

Enabled "Paid Subscriptions" yesterday and now that a member bought a subscription he's not being listed under the subscriptions and neither is he automatically added to the member group he's supposed to.

I can't add him manually, it says that he's already a subscriber. I've received the money, and also got a confirmation e-mail. The issue is that he doesn't get the update and isn't listed in the registered among the subscriber(s).

The Paypal IPN confused me a little, so I suspect this is the problem. I was suggested: http://domain/forum/subscriptions.php which I used. Is this the thing that triggers it? What should I change in that case?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Edit: Of course I found the appropriate file when I dug deeper. It seems to be working now, I apologise for jumping the gun.

xPureEvilx

Having the same kinda issue, added the url to the IPN but it never added the person to the  group they were suppose to get. Its like paypal never sent the info once they got the payment or smf didn't accept it.

Steps so far:
-Enabled Paid
-created a few subscription options ($10, $20, $30....etc)
-Enabled IPN and added the URL http://MyDomain/subscriptions.php or whatever it said
-Created a $1 subscription and had someone give the $1 as a test
-Received the money on paypal but they never got added to the group, and stayed on Pending Payment in SMF

What am I doing wrong?

CapadY

Did you install the MOD Lifetime subscription ?
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Nitesh Kunnath

Yes, its a bug in SMF. Even the site http://smf-media.com/community/index.php which is owed by Dragoon (a php developer for his jquery mobile theme (SMF4Mobile) is having the same issue and he is unable to fix it or maybe he is not looking into it. Many users there complained him of this issue that whenever a member make subscription, he/she isnt assigned to the "customer" group automatically or not being listed under subscriptions. He assign/add the member manually to the subscription.

Will this bug be solved ?

Nitesh Kunnath

I request the SMF staff to move this thread to SMF Bug reporting section !!!

live627

Do you have Bad Behavior installed? Is it set to block blank user agents?

Nitesh Kunnath

Quote from: live627 on March 15, 2012, 12:42:47 PM
Do you have Bad Behavior installed? Is it set to block blank user agents?
Nope, there isnt bad behaviour mod installed. !!!

ethankcvds

Don't forget that paid subscriptions is run on a scheduled task so it will take a while for subscriptions to get updated. 
No Pm's for support please!

Nitesh Kunnath

Quote from: ethankcvds on March 15, 2012, 01:05:44 PM
Don't forget that paid subscriptions is run on a scheduled task so it will take a while for subscriptions to get updated. 
it isnt instant ? :o
Ooh, I wasnt aware of !!! So, whatz the time interval for scheduled update ?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

The payment processing is instant when it works, all other subscription actions are run on a schedual though.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

ethankcvds

Quote from: die2mrw007 on March 15, 2012, 01:08:01 PM

By default it is Starting at 00:02, repeating every 1 day(s) though you can change that to what ever you would like.

Nitesh Kunnath

Quote from: ethankcvds on March 15, 2012, 01:11:17 PM

By default it is Starting at 00:02, repeating every 1 day(s) though you can change that to what ever you would like.
How to make that instant as soon as the payment is made ?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 15, 2012, 01:09:38 PM
The payment processing is instant when it works, all other subscription actions are run on a schedual though.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

ethankcvds

Quote from: die2mrw007 on March 15, 2012, 01:17:48 PM

The closets you can get to instant is to check every minute, but I would not recommend setting it up that way. I would set it up to check every hour or two. The settings are located in Maintenance > Scheduled Tasks > Paid Subscription Checks

Nitesh Kunnath

Quote from: ethankcvds on March 15, 2012, 01:31:11 PM
Quote from: die2mrw007 on March 15, 2012, 01:17:48 PM

The closets you can get to instant is to check every minute, but I would not recommend setting it up that way. I would set it up to check every hour or two. The settings are located in Maintenance > Scheduled Tasks > Paid Subscription Checks
Isnt it possible to make something like...when the payment is made, the required update gets triggered and not like this scheduled task concept infact.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 15, 2012, 01:28:23 PM
Am I invisible? On another note, it would be best if you opened a new topic on your issue. This topic is marked solved.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Nitesh Kunnath

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 15, 2012, 01:37:04 PM
Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 15, 2012, 01:28:23 PM
Am I invisible? On another note, it would be best if you opened a new topic on your issue. This topic is marked solved.
Hehe...sorry :D
But my query was: isnt it possible to make it instant and not assigned to scheduled task ? Like, the subscribtion should be activated as soon as the payment completes. It shud be triggered only when a member makes a successful payment !!!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Like I said. It is. Please, if it does not work for you - Open a new topic on your issue.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Nitesh Kunnath

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 15, 2012, 01:39:53 PM
Like I said. It is. Please, if it does not work for you - Open a new topic on your issue.
ok, thanks Aleksi :)
I will open up a new thread :)

and thanks to ethankcvds for clearing the doubts !!! :)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Thank you. Let's continue this there then.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: