News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Trio of errors on profile--full info provided.

Started by wynnyelle, January 15, 2012, 10:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wynnyelle

I am going to do this as thoroughly as I possibly can. Need to troubleshoot and kill this error set.

The errors:

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member Loner
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 66.xxx
  Reverse chronological order of list Today at 09:54:46 PM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session f1dxxx
Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: Undefined
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
http://warriorcatsrpg.com/index.php?action=profile;u=9394;area=buddies
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: real_name
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/warrior/public_html/Themes/default/Profile.template.php
Line: 3235

8: Undefined index: id_member
File: /home/warrior/public_html/Themes/default/Profile.template.php
Line: 3235

8: Undefined index: 9495
File: /home/warrior/public_html/Sources/Profile-View.php
Line: 2273

"Loner" is not a member; loner is the word we give all guests.

These errors are popping up ALL OVER. There's another set of profile-related errors as well, but I'll try and keep this simple and just stick to this one till it's fixed.

Attaching profile.template and profile.view for your viewing.

These errors pop up together very frequently. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

live627

Try this file. Seems to be a bug in Ultimate Profile. I assume it doesn't remove member buddies properly on account removal. Or didn't, in a version from the past.

wynnyelle

OMG thank you!!!

Would this affect any subaccount functions? The ones you worked so hard to build for us? I just want to make double sure before I upload this in case it unlinks anything that can't be linked back later...that'd be a mess..

live627

No... all I added was some code to check if a buddy's account exists.

wynnyelle

I've uploaded the file and so far no new errors of this specific type, though the traffic is very low on the site right now. I am getting some lag, would this fix involve any "joins" or anything else that might slow the site down?

Update: Traffic is higher now on my site at this time of day, and no unusual lag or anything. These errors have not returned. This seems solved. Thank you!!

live627

Here's the entire code block I added: if (isset($user_profile[$buddy]))
So, no new joins or database connections.

wynnyelle

Thank you! I often go back through my old posts here to look for what I did with regards to errors, so that is very helpful.

What seems to remain with this is SimpleSEF issues and profile-view.php ones--like this one comes up a LOT:

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member live627
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 72.xx
  Reverse chronological order of list Today at 06:47:46 PM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session 565514f7b0c2581b7daeefbf976bdbad
http://warriorcatsrpg.com/index.php?action=profile;u=32565;area=lists
8: Undefined index: 0
File: /home/warrior/public_html/Sources/Profile-View.php
Line: 427

....OMG that's you...!!

live627

The profile RP post mod doesn't take into account what happens if a user deletes their account. I fixed that and took the opportunity to optimise it a tad.

wynnyelle

Whoa! Really? What will this do? Will there be any noticeable difference? Do you think that's what's been causing all the errors relating to profiles?

Thank you!!

live627

Right now, it throws an error if a user account associated with a post wasn't found, because it was always looking for it to provide the link. It certainly wouldn't work for a guest, so I put in code to check for that and just provide the post name fi the account was killed.

It also made multiple calls to loadMemberData(), once per each member. So I reduced that to one call with an array of all members found, since it accepts that. Fewer heavy queries = happier server.

Attached here is another optimisation, this time to the member color link, also consolidating unnecessary queries. It did one per member, when the calls could be attacked to an existing query. (These were lighter, and fewer, than the above.)

No aesthetic difference is made. Performance gain, yes. And fewer profile errors!

wynnyelle

OMG thank you!!!

So should I upload these in any specific order?

This is actually my dinner/break time so am going into my server now to get the files as they are now, just in case something doesn't work with these.

wynnyelle

Well, the load "fix" broke the whole forum.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')', expecting '{' in /home/warrior/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 1681

wynnyelle

Now I can't get the profile posts to show up or work at ALL.

wynnyelle

...Finally got everything working again by restoring the previous copies. That stuff didn't fix anything, it broke stuff.

mashby

Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

wynnyelle

You're sure this one is okay?

Thank you by the way. I am grateful for your trying even if it don't work. I know this stuff is difficult.

mashby

No, I'm not sure, but it's worth a shot. And it sounds like you have backups just like K@ tells everyone in his sig image. So, if the attached doesn't work, revert back.
- James M. Barrie

wynnyelle

Never mind--it broke the member rainbow colours. It's a no-go. I reverted back.

..I'm sorry, I just feel down now.

mashby

Broke it, as in, it no longer works? Anyway, based on this post by Illori, I'm not sure why you're focusing on something that will be upgraded. Maybe it's time to step away from the computer. Do something happy. :)
- James M. Barrie

wynnyelle

Because I am afraid that not all of our features will be able to be rebuilt. Not without irreparable damage, or months and months of time spent replacing painstaking details. I'm the one who knows just how much has gone into this site over the past year and a half since the upgrade, and the fact that we DID permanently lose things on the last upgrade.

...Yeah, the forum itself was still working with your and Live's change to Load.php but those member rainbow colours would not show up on any page at all. Again I highly appreciate your help even if it didn't work.

live627

If this doesn't keep the member rainbow colors, I think I'll be done with that part.

wynnyelle

lol. I wouldn't blame you. Even Nibogo said he wouldn't be able to do it, or would only be able to do it given a lot of time and money. Even if he has a lot of time, I don't have a lot of money. :P

I'll let you know how this one goes.

wynnyelle

It broke the forum completely:

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/warrior/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 1682

live627

I can fix it alright, but if I try again, it will have to be on a test site.

wynnyelle

Don't worry about it...

I've begun the forum that our site's present data tables will be ported into once all our custom work is installed over there. I'm taking Illori's, yours and everyone else's advice and starting work on this upgrade project.

I will need help on getting those subaccount changes done...going to need everyone's help who did custom work for me in the past. I tied to install the basic subaaccounts mod that you built ours on, but it's apparently incompatible with 2.0..

live627

Subaccounts is compatible all right, just need to emulate 2.0 RC4. I can start and help you right now.

wynnyelle

OMG thank you so much.

I did try and fail to install them, but I figured that getting the basic mod to work won't be the true challenge, getting the subaccountsstuff to work just as you had it for our present site will be the challenge.

It's coming together well so far. I and HCF installed most of the standard mods already. Once the custom functions are also in place I can then begin the new theme and all of the smaller custom edits. We have a LOT, everything from taking ages and emails off both signup requirements and being visible options, to enabling guests to post without emails, to doing quite a few changes to the language file and custom tweaks all over the place cosmetically--mostly to remove unnecessary and/or redundant elements. I've been doing them for over a year so it will take quite some time.

Advertisement: