News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Paid Subscriptions

Started by emery, January 18, 2012, 09:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emery

I am not sure how this whole paid subscription thing works, what i need it to do is this

There is a yearly membership fee, which can be canceled at the end of the year, here are the costs

1. $80.00  Primary                   
2. $60.00  Secondary               
3. $20.00  Child (15 or younger)       
4. $40.00  Seniors (65 or older)                 
5. $30.00  Non-Riding Members
6. $60.00  Additional Snowmobiles
7. $10.00  Replacement

How would i make SMF do this, if possible?

Oldiesmann

Since there doesn't seem to be a guide here about setting up subscriptions, here's how you do it.

First enable the feature (Admin -> Configuration -> Core Features, click the switch image next to Paid Subscriptions so it turns green, then click "Save" at the bottom of the page).

Second, configure it:
Admin -> Members -> Paid Subscriptions -> Settings
Follow the instructions there to set up Paypal
Enter your Paypal email address there and click Save

From there, just set up and configure the subscriptions:
Admin -> Members -> Paid Subscriptions
Click "Add Subscription" and fill in all the details.

Repeat the process for each subscription.

The "Additional groups upon subscription" option lets you choose one or more additional groups to add the member to when they subscribe.

Users will be able to access the subscriptions from their profile (they can go to their profile then choose "Paid Subscriptions" from the "Actions" menu).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

emery

emery

is there a way i can make my own payment php page? like with ssi or something?

emery

i'm bumping this because nobodys helping me  :'(

Illori

maybe that is because no one knows the answer to this question beyond what was posted already.

emery

So your saying you don't know?

Illori

no i dont happen to know, i dont use this feature on my forum.

emery

Arantor

What exactly are you hoping to put on this custom page and what's supposed to be on this custom page that isn't in the main subs area in the profile?

emery

Well, i won't be using the forum, i just want to use the "paid subsciptions" feature from it. Do you know of a better "free" way to do this?

I just wanted this page, index.php?action=profile;area=subscriptions;u=1

But without the forum stuff

Arantor

I don't entirely get why you want to put it on a separate page...?

Also define 'free'? Is it just a case of displaying the subscriptions available/held on a separate page or were you hoping to somehow rip out all the subscription stuff entirely and put it in a separate page? (Note, the latter is substantially more complicated and really not worth the effort)

emery

This is what i need, i mean "free" by the software to be free

Somewhere where my group can pay for there membership to the club, the club is open 6 months if the year, it is a snowmobiling club.

I am trying to auto mate things, that is what i need

Arantor

So, you want someone to extend SMF (which is free already) to put the paid subscription stuff on a separate page, which is a complicated task at best, and spend hours of their time, writing something as a one-off for you, for free.

I still don't see how any of these things (club being open 6 months of the year etc.) is relevant to putting the paid subscriptions on a separate page.

emery

i was just telling you what i am using it for, do you know of any other php scripts that i could use?

Arantor

So, are you trying to do paid subscriptions without a forum then?

I still do not understand what is wrong with the way SMF does it.

painterforum20

Just get a paypal business account ( which is free) and get their "subscription" script button & service ( there is a small fee for the transactions). post the script on your webpage. Using SMF for this is really an insult to the developers here.

emery

I don't want to use paypal bussiness account. I thought it was a compliment because it was a good feature, i will just use the forum then i guess

Arantor

If you want to receive subscription payments, you HAVE to use that, because PayPal will not handle the transaction to your account otherwise, and no amount of code change will fix that.

emery

Well, i know that, i just dont want to use a paypall interface for selecting how much to pay

Advertisement: