News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Paid Subscriptions

Started by emery, January 18, 2012, 09:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

SMF's doesn't.

Seriously, go look at the paid subscriptions thing that's built in, in the profile > actions on this site, to see how it looks.

emery

I KNOW IT DOESN'T -- I DONT WANT TO USE PAYPALS INTERFACE ... I ALREADY LOOKED AT SMF'S  ???

mashby

OK, so you don't want to use Paypal's interface and you've looked at SMF's interface. I read through the replies and if Oldiesmann's reply and Arantor's suggestions don't work for you, I'd suggest to find another solution that isn't paypal and isn't SMF. ZenCart comes to mind (although I have nothing to go on but free shopping cart software).
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Texan78

Quote from: emery on January 23, 2012, 09:40:07 PM
I KNOW IT DOESN'T -- I DONT WANT TO USE PAYPALS INTERFACE ... I ALREADY LOOKED AT SMF'S  ???

Ether way, whether you use SMF or not it still goes through Paypal. Unless you wanted to sign up and purchase a payment gateway which is going to end up charging you to use. I know you don't want to use Paypal but what others are saying is there is no way around it if you want a "free" payment solution because the SMF back-end still uses Paypal as the processor unless you get a payment gateway as I described earlier like authorize.net. I know it's not what you want to here but they are giving you their honest and truthful opinion.

Basically no matter what you use you only have two choices. Paypal or a payment gateway of your choice. You have to have something to process the transaction.

51B0RG

if you just want to shorten the link you can create a html file that redirects to the correct page.

if you want an entirely different page then you would have to download a modification that allows you to create custom pages, like simple portal then setup a page manually using paypal buttons and custom images.

if you just want to redirect,

open notepad,
copy, paste whats below,
<title>Redirecting..</title>

<head>
<script type="text/javascript">

function cookieLoad( Cookie )
{
var i, x, y, Array = document.cookie.split(";");

for (i = 0; i < Array.length; i++)
{
x = Array[i].substr(0, Array[i].indexOf("="));
y = Array[i].substr(Array[i].indexOf("=") + 1);
x = x.replace(/^\s+|\s+$/g, "");
if (x == Cookie)
{
return unescape(y);
}
}
}

function Manu( Cookie )
{
{
window.open("/index.php?action=profile;area=subscriptions;u=1", "_self");
}
}

function cookieExists( )
{
var hasBeen = cookieLoad("hasBeen");
if (hasBeen != null && hasBeen != "")
{
loadForums();
}
else
{
window.open("/index.php?action=profile;area=subscriptions;u=1", "_self");
}
}

</script>
</head>
<body onload = "cookieExists()" style = "padding: 0px; margin: 0px; overflow: hidden;">

<p style = "text-align: center;"><br><br>Redirecting to Link<br><br><br>If this takes too long <a href="/index.php?action=profile;area=subscriptions;u=1">Click here</a> <br></p>

</body>

</html>

when saving, save it as
Quote"(NAME).html"
WITH QUOTATION MARKS!!

Advertisement: