News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Offline editor

Started by meetdilip, January 20, 2012, 08:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NanoSector

Quote from: arrowtotheknee on January 20, 2012, 04:13:09 PM
Thing is, I'm choosing to spend my time offering support, so when it gets ignored, it isn't about "knowing it sll", it's another reminder of how much time I've wasted trying to help people and that I shouldn't have bothered.
I understand, but at least try to be a little more patient with the new people. They aren't that techie, maybe don't know English that well, and are gone solution-hunting theirselves, like I said.
Maybe joke around a bit with them so they actually understand your instructions and so that they are having the warm welcome feeling.

You're wasting more time being mad than the time you actually use to re-ask or re-post your instructions.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Arantor

If you don't understand what I say, ask me. Don't ask me a question that ignores my post. This is the problem!

Seems that it's happening more and more too.

Illori

Yoshi we all know you dont really get along with arantor, so just drop it. this is off topic to this thread anyway. if you really want to continue talking about it take it to pm's.

NanoSector

Quote from: arrowtotheknee on January 20, 2012, 04:18:44 PM
If you don't understand what I say, ask me. Don't ask me a question that ignores my post. This is the problem!

Seems that it's happening more and more too.
I know that's the problem (and again sorry for ruining the topic), but like I said, you're only wasting more time getting mad at the people. It's better to stay calm, accept that the people have skipped the instructions, and go on with the topic.

@Illori: That's the past ;) Things've changed, y'know. In the past I was just an idiot which didn't know what the hell he was doing here :P
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Arantor

In any case, the original suggestion is neither practical or feasible for us to attempt; an offline editor requires totally different skills to anything we do with respect to SMF since an *AMP stack is the core of what we do and an *AMP stack is not something most regular users will have.

Advertisement: