News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SA Knowledge Base

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 20, 2012, 06:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

edit the STRING/TEXT portion, not the CODE/variable name portion....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sigyn

Quote from: Kindred on December 24, 2015, 08:49:29 AM
edit the STRING/TEXT portion, not the CODE/variable name portion....
I searched the file I was told to look in and the name wasn't there. It seems Knowledge Base has it's  own file  KB.english.php in that place where I found the file I was told to change.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

heikkilarson

Great work on this awesome mod! :)

Does anybody know how to change the 'simple search' function so that it searches the body of each article instead of just the titles?

Melissa524

I can't figure out how to give members permission to add articles with out giving them the manage permission.  I have tried to add it through the categories, but that doesn't seem to work either. 
In case, I forget to say.  I am using 2.0.2

vbgamer45

For a knowledge base only admins can write articles.

If you want an articles mod check out my SMF Articles mod.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Tones

I don't know if anyone else has had this error, or if it can be reproduced.

Quote2: Illegal string offset 'name'
File: /../../../Sources/KB/KBView_All.php
Line: 73

line 73 is the last line in the snippet

$list_options = array(
'id' => 'kb_know',
'title' => $catname['name'],

I'm only getting this error in my log when viewing a category parent (containing a sub category). But not when viewing either top level category with no subs, or a sub category.

aegersz

cannot Add comment (admin) ... is this a bug?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

aegersz

but i am admin - doesn't that mean i have access to all permissions ?

absolutely nothing happens when i click on it.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

vbgamer45

hmm. will have to look into when I have time. I did not make the mod originally.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

aegersz

thank you tending to someone else's mod -- it's no biggie, i only noticed it today and i thought i should report it.

iaccountant

I am starting to play with SMF Articles and SA Knowledgebase on a test site. Both by the same authors so I am combining this querry

First off, kudos for what I see as a great functional extension to a forum. I can see this as a useful feature for any on line community of practice, which is where I am heading in deploying SMF. 

It appears neither one can notify the forum there is a new article or KB items that has just been published. So this is either done manually via a dedicated "announcement board" or a user has to actually go via the respective menu to get to the index and see for themselves what is there

Am I missing a setting or is this simply not a feature?

vbgamer45

Currently we do not have a notify feature for either modification at this time.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

iaccountant

Thanks VBGamer and the entire SMGhacks team ---this is still a pretty good mod. I like to stay away from them because then the "core forum" gets more intricate and more things can go wrong---but these could change my mind

On my test site I simply created a new thread for Articles on a News Board, stickied the table of contents with links to the article, and I can create a news item for new articles....so no big deal. I was hoping I had not missed anything in the settings.

Ciao

MrMike

I've not looked at the code but I'd guess that it wouldn't be too hard to hack a notify function into it.

Find the code that publishes the article and add an email trigger, or use the SMF API to place a PM into the admin's private message queue.

iaccountant

Actually, what I was hoping for was a notification similar to what you see in "latest posts" that appears next to the thread on the board list, and at the bottom of the forum.

But my manual work around does exactly that...plus I pin a post that has the an article table of contents where each entry links directly to the article.

Not a big deal to set up or maintain...

macrob

How to enable simple HTML? I want to use simple table with border code. Is it possible?

SaltedWeb

Is there a way for the knowledge base to be seen by guest ?

Thanks
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Kindred

Yes, give the guest user permission to view the kb
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: