News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SA Knowledge Base

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 20, 2012, 06:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SA™

Quote from: GlitchPC on February 18, 2012, 11:50:20 AM
SA™...

As an added feature request(s):

1.  Make the "Source" and "Title" fields expandable to the number of characters specified in administrative settings, or configuration of the mod.

As it stands...long URLs for Source(s) and long Titles are truncated by the mod.

aready spotted this the other day and fixed in the next rev real life (TM) is preventing me from realy working on it as much as i would like so new revs will take a little longer
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

sound2005

Superb mod.
Does anyone (or SA) know how to to add the most recent postings to the knowledge base to show on the front page of simpleportal (basically i need a php block to show the last 5 posts) if possible, please??
I think a similar thing exist with smf articles/adk blog??

visir

Installed beta 3. In the comments there is no avatar picture. Somehow it missed avatar folder at the website.
instead hxxp:mysite.com/avatar/avatar_1.png [nonactive] it's trying to show hxxp:mysite.com/avatar_1.png [nonactive]
Where I can correct a problem?

GlitchPC

SA™...

Still using the mod... ;)

I know it's still in the "beta" stage.  Just wanted to note some bugs and additional feature requests...if you haven't already noticed or implemented them.  I also know you're busy...so, I'll try to be as short and as specific as possible.

Bug?  When an article is created and there is no "Source" listed...it would seem the mod takes the "Title" and sticks it in that field.  I've noticed this happening when I edit the article.  I'm not really positive if this happens when creating the article, though.  Something you may want to look into.

Bug?  When an article (with attachments) is created and submitted with your default attachment settings for the mod...the article is posted but if the attachments do not meet the default criteria...the article is posted, anyway...minus the attachments not meeting the settings configured for the mod.

Again...I know the mod is in beta.  I'm just one of those using it...and testing it out for you.  Letting you know what issues I experience with the use of it.

A feature request would be to leave the attachment settings...as far as folder size, file size, and the number of attachments disabled, with no limits.  This way...an admin can specify exactly what they want as it pertains to each field.  In a related note...there are no help features for this mod.  Each setting should have this feature to further explain the requirements and instructions for each field associated with your mod.

Another feature request...as it pertains to attachments would be to delay posting of the article, when submitted, if the attachments fail for any reason.  This way...the article creator can resolve the issue before posting and then re-submit the article.  The creator of the article will receive a message to correct the issue(s) and then re-submit the article.

Not sure where you stand...as far as a "final" version of this mod.  However, I still think it is awesome...and look forward to its completed version.

All my best!

Edit...

I also noticed the Facebook Like feature doesn't work.  I click it...confirm it...and post it to my Wall...but, it doesn't show up.  Disabling it...for now.

Additionaly, Google+ links to the Knowledge Base...not the article, itself.

I do not have a Twitter account...so I could not test it.  Only an assumption but, if Facebook and Google+ aren't working properly...I'd assume Twitter isn't either.  Again...that's only an assumption.

SA™

thanks glitch for the reports the attachments issue i am aware of just not sure et on the best way of doing it i have been working on this this weekeend just didnt get far cos this stupid old pentium 2 it too slow lol cantt wait to get my quad care back this week

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

SA™

new version realsed

fixed issue using source used title
fixed issue with attachments failing and article where still submitted
fixed issue with avatars not resisized properly
moved article details to the right of the article

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

GlitchPC

Kudos for the update...

A couple of issues I have found:

I get the following error(s)...

xxxx://glitchpc.net/index.php?action=kb;area=article;cont=6

2: getimagesize(xxxx://glitchpc.net/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=65;type=avatar) [<a href='function.getimagesize'>function.getimagesize</a>]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found

File: /xxx/xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/Sources/KB/KBSubs.php
Line: 56

xxxx://glitchpc.net/index.php?action=kb;area=article;cont=6

2: getimagesize() [<a href='function.getimagesize'>function.getimagesize</a>]: http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0

File: /xxx/xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/Sources/KB/KBSubs.php
Line: 56

Also...checking Featured Articles does nothing...

Any ideas?

SA™

QuoteAlso...checking Featured Articles does nothing...

you have to also enable this is admin other wise it wotn show nothing

for the errors pls try the updated package i just added

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

GlitchPC

I have enabled it in Admin...

I am using the most recent package you uploaded.

I have to go to work, now...will check back with you later.

SA™

QuoteI am using the most recent package you uploaded.

i updated it just before my last post to fix them errors you got

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

GlitchPC

LOL!  Okay...my bad.

Sorry, though...I'm still not seeing anything referring to Featured Articles after selecting it in the configuration.  Where does it list the featured articles?

Never mind...I see it.

Edit...

I see another issue, SA™...

I opened an article to edit it as a Featured Article.  However, the link tree is not referring to the actual article I'm editing.

Even though the article I want to edit is open.  The link tree reads different.

Any ideas what's causing that?

SA™

thanks for the report the title is also wrong lol

edit fixed pls redownload the pckage

hmm i just notice that whe editing an article you cant push the attachments button :( do you get this issue?

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

GlitchPC

Quote from: SA™ on February 28, 2012, 01:55:23 PM
thanks for the report the title is also wrong lol

edit fixed pls redownload the pckage

hmm i just notice that whe editing an article you cant push the attachments button :( do you get this issue?

I have no issues with the attachments after your latest download.  However, I still have the Social plugin issues I told you about before.

Also...if enabling the feed through Chrome...the only thing I see is an XML feed.  Shouldn't this be a little more structured?  I mean...like a normal RSS feed?  Not sure if I'm being clear enough, though.

SA™

QuoteI have no issues with the attachments after your latest download.  However, I still have the Social plugin issues I told you about before.

im still looking into them issue with social but for the gplus issue see this

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=460796.msg3247862#msg3247862

QuoteAlso...if enabling the feed through Chrome...the only thing I see is an XML feed.  Shouldn't this be a little more structured?  I mean...like a normal RSS feed?  Not sure if I'm being clear enough, though.

can you explain more?

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

GlitchPC

The Chrome issue was fixed by installing an extension for RSS.  It's okay, now.  However, if I use Safari for Windows.  The browser crashes when loading the feeds.

Will check that link out, now...

Sorry, bud...I didn't understand anything from that link.

SA™

QuoteThe Chrome issue was fixed by installing an extension for RSS.  It's okay, now.  However, if I use Safari for Windows.  The browser crashes when loading the feeds.

never tried safri will try it out later

QuoteWill check that link out, now...

Sorry, bud...I didn't understand anything from that link.

sry read the whole topic you need to make an edit to your index.php

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

GlitchPC

Quote from: SA™ on February 28, 2012, 07:03:58 PM
sry read the whole topic you need to make an edit to your index.php

Read the whole topic...used the last edit he submitted to you within that topic.  Edited my index.php file.  Tried again.  Still get the same issues as reported before.  It just doesn't work for me.  Sorry, bud.  Needless to say...I'll just have to disable the RSS and Social plugins until I can get them resolved.

Still using the mod, though...  ;-)

By the way....the new location of the avatar and info on the right is nice.  Avatar looks good and everything else seems to be as it should.  However...take a look at the date within that block.  Doesn't it look out of place to you?  While everything else is short and to the point.  The date and time just sticks out like a sore thumb.  Maybe shorten it?  What do you think?

SA™

not finding any issue with rss feeds in safri ?

QuoteBy the way....the new location of the avatar and info on the right is nice.  Avatar looks good and everything else seems to be as it should.  However...take a look at the date within that block.  Doesn't it look out of place to you?  While everything else is short and to the point.  The date and time just sticks out like a sore thumb.  Maybe shorten it?  What do you think?

indeed ive updated the package and shortend it also added some config for the menu in KBHooks.php

#You can use these settings to move the button around or even disable the button and use a sub button
#Main menu button options

#Where the button will be shown on the menu
$kb_button_insert = 'mlist';

#before or after the above
$kb_button_pos = 'before';
#default is before the meberlist

#Sub button options

#Insert as sub button of help example $kb_button_insert_sub = 'help';
$kb_button_insert_sub = '';
#Leave blank to disable

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

GlitchPC

Nice touch with the menu code.  Haven't tested it, yet...since I used your earlier remedy.  I hard-coded it into Subs.php.  I'll have to check it out.  Thanks, for that...

I can't understand why Safari keeps hanging/crashing on the KB page for me...unless there's a setting for RSS I don't know about in that particular browser.  All other browsers seem okay with it now.

Feature request:  There will be those who want to configure the date submitted...nature of the beast.  Some will want it European, while others will want it US.  Also...using the full name of the month isn't really necessary, is it?  Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr...and so on.

Like I said...tried the fix in the link you gave me for the Social networking issue.  It didn't work.  Others may have the same issue...if the future of this mod takes off like I think it will.

SA™

i wasnt sure how to do the month like jan.feb,march so on so i just used on example from php.net tho i may change this still if i find a better way maybe the month number instead of the name might work

QuoteLike I said...tried the fix in the link you gave me for the Social networking issue.  It didn't work.  Others may have the same issue...if the future of this mod takes off like I think it will.

yeah i can see where you comming from with this ive not looked into it much yet but i did have a simual;r issue with my fb mod

QuoteI can't understand why Safari keeps hanging/crashing on the KB page for me...unless there's a setting for RSS I don't know about in that particular browser.  All other browsers seem okay with it now.

whats version of safari? im testing with the latest version but i dont get no issues can you enable rss feeds on your site so i cant test it with safari there?

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Advertisement: