News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SA Knowledge Base

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 20, 2012, 06:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlitchPC

Will do...give me two secs and I'll enable the RSS for the KB on my site.

I'm using Safari's latest version...

SA™

http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

GlitchPC

Quote from: SA™ on February 28, 2012, 11:19:13 PM
indeed ive updated the package and shortend it also added some config for the menu in KBHooks.php

#You can use these settings to move the button around or even disable the button and use a sub button
#Main menu button options

#Where the button will be shown on the menu
$kb_button_insert = 'mlist';

#before or after the above
$kb_button_pos = 'before';
#default is before the meberlist

#Sub button options

#Insert as sub button of help example $kb_button_insert_sub = 'help';
$kb_button_insert_sub = '';
#Leave blank to disable

This works but, does not set the Help tab as the active tab...if that is the sub menu selected per the above code.
Can it be fixed?

Edit...

Added the below to Subs.php:

elseif ($context['current_action'] == 'kb')
$current_action = 'help';

SA™

slitly better way todo it with the hooks

KB/KBHooks.php

find
if(!empty($modSettings['kb_enabled']) && $kb_button_insert_sub != '' && allowedTo('view_knowledge')){

add after

if ($context['current_action'] == 'kb')
    $context['current_action'] = $kb_button_insert_sub;

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

GlitchPC

Doesn't work...sorry.  Just tried it.

tfs

Liking what I see so far.  Very nice work.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

tfs

Beta 4, when comments must be approved, after commenting, the user gets no feedback that they've commented.  Similar when comments are auto-approved.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

tfs

Beta4, when approving comments.  Remove selected or remove all doesn't get rid of the comment.  You end up needing to approve it and then delete it from the article.

GlitchPC

I don't mean to sound like a twit or, anything like that.  I was just wondering...

Normally, a Knowledge Base is just a list of important information a user may be looking for.  I honestly don't see a need for any KB articles to have comments.

SA™...

It would be interesting to read your comments about this.

tfs

I think I'll probably leave comments on as a way for my clients to suggest enhancements to the KB, and I would remove the comments after the enhancements were implemented.

SA™

Quote from: tfs on March 02, 2012, 06:10:25 PM
Beta 4, when comments must be approved, after commenting, the user gets no feedback that they've commented.  Similar when comments are auto-approved.

there is a red warning on the add comment bos tha says Your comment wont be visible until approved

Quote from: tfs on March 02, 2012, 06:15:03 PM
Beta4, when approving comments.  Remove selected or remove all doesn't get rid of the comment.  You end up needing to approve it and then delete it from the article.

there is no remove all remove selected with approving comments?

Quote from: GlitchPC on March 02, 2012, 07:29:07 PM
I don't mean to sound like a twit or, anything like that.  I was just wondering...

Normally, a Knowledge Base is just a list of important information a user may be looking for.  I honestly don't see a need for any KB articles to have comments.

SA™...

It would be interesting to read your comments about this.

it was just a feature i decided to add tho i personly dont use the comments part

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

tfs

Quote from: SA™ on March 03, 2012, 04:03:24 AM
there is a red warning on the add comment bos tha says Your comment wont be visible until approved

When commenting with no approval required, you type into the dialog box and then click on the save button.  The comment immediately appears, and you see it (if your resolution is set high enough), but the dialog box where you typed your message is still open with your message in it, and the mouse remains hovered over the "Save" button.  This is a recipe for mass duplication of comments.  Particularly so for people who have their screen set to a low resolution, or who have zoomed in on the page using CTL-+, because they'll have no feedback whatsoever that the comment was saved.  It looks just like the "Save" button does nothing.

My recommendation would be to un-expand the comment dialog box and display a line that says "Comment saved" when the comment is saved.

When commenting with approval required, yes, there is a red "Your comment wont be visible until approved" line.  But everything I've said above is still at issue, including the fact that since the red warning uses up two lines, it's even more likely that the commenter won't see their comment appear below because it has scrolled down even farther.

Also, the word "wont" needs and apostrophe.

Quote from: SA™ on March 03, 2012, 04:03:24 AM
there is no remove all remove selected with approving comments?

There is a Remove All and a Remove Selected button in the approval dialog area, but they don't do anything.

SA™

hmmm the rmove all remove selcted itsnt part of the aprove comments part

you said this

QuoteBeta4, when approving comments.  Remove selected or remove all doesn't get rid of the comment.  You end up needing to approve it and then delete it from the article.

so i assumed you meant the comments like i said there is no remove all remove selected for thge comments  well there is but it is for reports not comments wich is why it does nothing cos there isnt any reports look closly at tht page tere is three different parts

approve aticles
approce comments
and reports

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

tfs

Quote from: SA™ on March 04, 2012, 02:32:32 PM
there is no remove all remove selected for thge comments

Ahhh... so there isn't.  Sorry for the confusion.

If I'm NOT going to approve a comment, what is the suggested workflow for deleting it?  Is a "Delete Selected" button in the cards for the Approve Comments area of the management console?

Let me say again... this is a beautiful and important mod.  Thank you for your effort to get it to this level.  It would be very useful to me, and I'm willing to put in the time and effort to help in the design and debugging effort.  Let me know how I can help.

Hasta La Vista

Excellent mod! Thank you!

SA™

QuoteIf I'm NOT going to approve a comment, what is the suggested workflow for deleting it?  Is a "Delete Selected" button in the cards for the Approve Comments area of the management console?

i never realy fault about that case will do this for beta 5

QuoteLet me say again... this is a beautiful and important mod.  Thank you for your effort to get it to this level.  It would be very useful to me, and I'm willing to put in the time and effort to help in the design and debugging effort.  Let me know how I can help.

thanks for the kind words

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

GlitchPC

SA™...

I, too, would like to reiterate how awesome this mod is.  Even if it didn't have the ability to post comments, post to social networks or, menu link placement.

Right now...it's doing exactly what I want it to and exactly what you intended it to do...and I can't be any happier than that.

Again...compared to the other option I had...this beats that, easily...no contest!  You should be proud of what you've accomplished.

SA™

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

GlitchPC

Houston...we have a problem...

I just noticed something...and I think it may be due to the fact certain areas of the configuration were not filled in by me.  I'm getting the following two errors for each inline image I use in a KB article:

xxxx://glitchpc.net/index.php?action=kb;area=article;cont=7
2: getimagesize(xxxx://xxxxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxxx/images/rank_guru.png) [<a href='function.getimagesize'>function.getimagesize</a>]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be foundFile: /xxx/xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/Sources/KB/KBSubs.php
Line: 82

XXXX://glitchpc.net/index.php?action=kb;area=article;cont=7
2: getimagesize() [<a href='function.getimagesize'>function.getimagesize</a>]: http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0File: /xxx/xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/Sources/KB/KBSubs.php
Line: 82

There are no settings for inline/linked images in this mod.  So...I'm all ears...

Never mind...it's a server side issue...I think.

SA™

thanks glitch im looking into another way of resizing images with js instead should hopfuly fix this

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Advertisement: