SA Knowledge Base

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 20, 2012, 06:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlitchPC

You're welcome...

Also, you may want to look into other image fields of the mod...like attachments.  Where if we enter a "0" for folder size and image size...this would mean "no limit"...as do most other mods that involve images.

SA™

new version added

Quotefixed issues with custom menu options
tweeked the way dates was diplayed when veiwin articles
fixed sorting article by title was actualy sorted by id
Print article was not shown if no permission to add edit delete report articles
increased title size from 50 to 100
avatars on comments was using origanal article creaters avatar
added delete all/delete selected option to mange kb page
managers can now see all catagorys by defult
images now get resized using jquery
adding comments now closes the add com box after submission
fixed hardcoded text
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

GlitchPC

Will give it a shot, later...when I get home from work...

...and thanks for the update!

GlitchPC

SA™...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function kb_imageresize() in /xxx/xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/Sources/KB/KBSubs.php on line 77

After the update...

I get that error for the following link to a kb article that has in-line images:  http://glitchpc.net/index.php?action=kb;area=article;cont=7

I can't edit the article, either...since it returns that error.

Inti31

Quote from: GlitchPC on March 06, 2012, 01:36:19 PM
SA™...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function kb_imageresize() in /xxx/xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/Sources/KB/KBSubs.php on line 77
I did a fresh install - same thing here - I've to disable highslide.

I modified the package and deleted the highslide part - and modified KBSSubs.php - just corrected the path to the /hs4smf dir - it won't work.

I've installed Highslide 0.81 mod and that works fine... - all emebeded picture are now zoomable...

please find attached my german-utf8 translation

once again: please use the /hs4smf path if possible... theres is no need to have it more than once installed in different places...

screenshot:

What I found out...

- if I unapprove an article and then I approve it again - it is shown double - is this history option?
- also i would like to have the facebook symbol(social media) a little bit bigger - means width, so that the German "Gefällt mir"- Text  (=Like) is fully shown... (see screenshot)
- If I search for a member who posted the article the found member is between quotes - all other things work fine... - what i've tested...

- one note: the dir languages is not neccessary in that mod...

- if you report an article as guest without typing anything in the field - the message is sent blank.

Lastly... - I miss the permission for normal member to post an article... - have a look to the permissions - so it is just me who can post an article... is that the intentention?

thx for that release - seems like you are not far away from the final release

cheers inti31
my forum
my testforum

my mods - which I only made them work for 2.0 Gold:
Topics Filter v3.2 SMF 2.0 Gold
MemberNumber

GlitchPC

Inti31,

I have the hs4smf mod installed.  Are you talking to me when you stated this:
Quoteonce again: please use the /hs4smf path if possible... theres is no need to have it more than once installed in differnet places...

If so...where do I change this path?

Also...

The path to attachments for this KB mod is different than regular attachments for SMF.  Should I add the KB path to SMF's attachment settings...or, should I change the KB mod's attachment path to SMF's default attachment path?

One last note...

I still can't get the social buttons to work.  Oh...they show up but, do not do what they're intended to do.  If I "Like" an article...a windows pops up and then closes and nothing is shown on my Facebook wall.  Google+ links to the Knowledge Base page...not the article itself.  I don't use Twitter...so, there should be an option for this KB mod to select which social plugins should be displayed...correct?  I know there may be other users who use Twitter...however, I don't.  So...there's really no way for me to test it...unless I setup a Twitter account.  I just may have to do this, I guess.

Google+:  Links to KB page...not the actual article.
Twitter:  Links to KB page...not the actual link to the article.  No number in the tweet count, either.
Facebook:  As described above...I click "Like"...window opens then closes...no info on FB wall.   I logged out of my FB account and cleared my browser cache.  I clicked the FB Like button for the KB article.  Window opens to log into FB.  I login...nothing showing.  (See attached image after cllicking "Like" and logging in to FB)

Note:  I've currently disabled the social plugin settings for this mod.

A nice feature for this mod and the social plugin...when I can get it to work...would be an automatic minify url feature which would shorten the url when posting to your favorite social networks.

Thanks, in advance...

zg4me

Yes, VERY nice mod :) I'll toss a few bux your way, once out of Beta, and if I (we) install it on our forum.

Glitch, and may be related to running on Winders Server (Win 2k Server (test bed only), MySQL 5.0.15, PHP 5.2.17)

If I'll be adding a null field into a row, said table has to have "allow NULL" in the table, which should be specified in the table creation script. I received an instet NULL value error when I tried to create the first category.

Might be something to add to your table creation script?

Rick

Inti31

@GlitchPC -  no Glitch, my last post was not adressed to you...
but to answer your question: you have to modify /KB/KBSubs.php (line 700,701, 704) - here is the path entered which refers to the sa_kb dir integrated in this package - the files are all the same are used when you install Highslide newest version (/hs4smf) - except 1  file: The knowledge base mod here has a highslide-full.js integrated... Highslide 0.8.1 uses a highslide.js which is smaller...

nevertheless - it  won't work...  - the changes are useless...
only point - because i deleted now the kb_sa dir, the language-dir from this package - my german installer mod is now smaller - 84kb instead of 435kb..

i disabled now highslide for img tag  in administration menu für knowledge base - and it works now - Highslide 0.8.1 has taken over the job.

cheers Inti31

Addition: When I am logged as a normal member - the permission list shows
I can't add new articles
I can't edit my own article
you can delete your own article...

As a guest :
"you can delete your own article" is listed... - permission for guests iset just to view the knowledge base
my forum
my testforum

MemberNumber

GlitchPC

Feature requests...

1.  Ability to edit content of Approve/Unapprove PMs.
2.  When deleting an article...confirmation of deletion...instead of a straight delete.  Just in case someone really didn't want to delete an article...as I just found out.

Errors on approve/unapprove articles...

1.  xxxx://glitchpc.net/index.php?action=kb;area=article;approve;aid=2;sesc

8: Undefined index: cont

File: /xxx/xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/Sources/KB/KBSubs.php
Line: 748

2.  xxxx://glitchpc.net/index.php?action=kb;area=article;unapprove;inap=2;sesc

8: Undefined index: cont

File: /xxx/xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxx/Sources/KB/KBSubs.php
Line: 748

SA™

thanks for tyhe reports guys im gonna be busy for a bit with this :P

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

pierrelogic

Since you're busy updating this mod I'll throw out a question about one of the features that is probably easy to answer.

The "Import FAQ's from FAQ mod" feature.  I'm assuming steps if someone is actively using the FAQ mods are:

1A. Do a forum backup.   :)
1. Uninstall the FAQ mod without checking the Remove all data associated with this modification.
2. Install this KB mod and it automatcially pulls in the left over info from the FAQ mod?

Thanks!
It's all about the ride

SA™

1A. as always :D

1. you can leave it installled it still works with this mod
2. same as above then once kb is installed you can inport faq through the kb admin area

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

SA™

new version realsed

added profile veiw permisssion check to disable profile links
added option to disable link users names
added option to disable all kb pms
fixed issue Images dissapearing from other articles when editing
fixed issue undefined function kb_imageresize()
added checks to see if hs was installed
added check when submitting a report for empty comment
added check when submitting a report for a valide article id
fixed issue permission info was incorrect
fixed error  Undefined index: cont
fixed permission issues for adding articles
renamed some text on the search page
moved jquery validate js to scripts dir
added delete article confirm box

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

GlitchPC

SA™...

RC1 installed...will keep you posted, bud.  Thanks for the updated release!

Edit...

SA™...

Check display of FB Like button after someone likes an article.  It's not appearing correctly.  Also...after I click the Like button, nothing happens except the button changes...nothing displayed on FB.  No option to post/comment after clicking Like.

Inti31

Okay, I did some changes - as I said - I want to avoid to have highslide parts installed twice

I just copied the 2 js - files (jquery.validate.min.js, jquery.ae.image.resize.min) to $themedir/scripts

packages-info.xml

<require-file name="sa_kb/jquery.ae.image.resize.min.js" destination="$themedir/scripts" />
<require-file name="sa_kb/jquery.ae.image.resize.min.js" destination="$themedir/scripts" />

i modified KBSubs.php

function KB_doheaders(){
    global $settings, $modSettings, $context;

if(file_exists($settings['default_theme_url'] . '/hs4smf/highslide.js'))
    $hs_js = $settings['default_theme_url'] . '/hs4smf/highslide.js';
else
   $hs_js = $settings['default_theme_url'] .'/hs4smf/highslide-full.js';

$max_height = !empty($modSettings['kb_img_max_height']) ? $modSettings['kb_img_max_height'] : 150;
    $max_width = !empty($modSettings['kb_img_max_width']) ? $modSettings['kb_img_max_width'] : 150;

$context['html_headers'] .= '
<script type="text/javascript">
        !window.jQuery && document.write(unescape(\'%3Cscript src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js"%3E%3C/script%3E%3Cscript src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.8.16/jquery-ui.min.js"%3E%3C/script%3E\'));
    </script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="'.$settings['default_theme_url'] .'/scripts/jquery.ae.image.resize.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="'.$settings['default_theme_url'] .'/scripts/jquery.validate.min.js"></script>

#Highslide JS License:
        #Highslide JS is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License. This means you need the author's
#permission to use Highslide JS on commercial websites.
#http://highslide.com/#licence
$context['html_headers'] .='

<script type="text/javascript" src="'.$hs_js.'"></script>
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="'. $settings['default_theme_url'] .'/hs4smf/highslide.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

<script type="text/javascript">
        hs.graphicsDir = \''.$settings['default_theme_url'] .'/hs4smf/graphics/\';

That works fine... highslide for attached images/bbcode is now activated

but... - I can't use bbcode from the menu - the code entered manually in the field works
maybe a browser problem? maybe someone could verfiy this?
this happens when writing soething new or adding a comment...

the facebook like button have to be a little bit bigger....

i set the permission for guests - guest are now able to write a comment
Guests are allowed to enter comments...

http://inti31.cwsurf.de/index.php?action=kb;area=article;cont=1

I miss 3 translations strings (see 1st shot)
- Clear Cache
- Recount Articles
- Recount Comments

next: an attched image is not shown in smaller size - it is shown in original size.

the permssions view - maybe this block could be extend?
in 1280x1024 the information about BBCode/Smileys/img/html is not on one line and is too close to the information (2nd shot)

Please have a look to my testforum: http://inti31.cwsurf.de/index.php?action=kb;area=cats;cat=1

cheers Inti31
my forum
my testforum

MemberNumber

SA™

i still dont get it lol i mean why bother doing all that when the mod has it buildt in i mean it shouldent affect hs4smf mod as the kb only loads that stuff when viewing the kb itself  im just a little lost whats the bennafit?

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

SA™

- Clear Cache
- Recount Articles
- Recount Comments

next: an attched image is not shown in smaller size - it is shown in original size.

in 1280x1024 the information about BBCode/Smileys/img/html is not on one line and is too close to the information (2nd shot)

just fixed these

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Inti31

@SA™ - thx for fixing the other things - will give it a try...

the benefit is training for me, to understand how your excellent mod works, and because my testforum has highslide already installed this is my try to create my "own" installer package which fits my needs...

Does this make sense for you? I will give it a try today evening - will setup a new fresh 2.0.2 for that (I am at work now)

I just asked if it possible to use the same dir like highslide uses - not more.
Because you use the same files which highslide uses - is it a problem, to use the same directories?
If it is already installed - fine, when installing your mod- I don't care, if existing files will be overwritten during the installation process - or the other way round.

Edit
Quote from: SA™ on March 12, 2012, 04:31:14 AM
THX - looks nice now.

- Clear Cache
- Recount Articles
- Recount Comments
cool...

Fine - it works now
I did a fresh install of SMF (local installation - with Firefox it works - guess, this is an IE7 problem

top - looks nice also now

I installed now the complete package - I am not able to use the bbc code menu to enter tags like center bold, etc
I just could do it manually

I have here at work just IE7 - no chance to test it with IE8+, Chrome, FF
Could someone verify this please?

EDIT1:
I imported successfully 1 FAQ - but the article count is wrong. Recounting does not work.
When I edit the new article and save it back - then the count is okay
cheers Inti31
my forum
my testforum

MemberNumber

GlitchPC

SA™...

Using your latest submission...

Still have issues with the Social Sharing Icons...

Facebook doesn't work.  It'll add the count but, that's all it does.  It does not open a post/sahe window and nothing appears on my FB Wall or News feed....and yes, I'm logged into FB at the time I click the Like button on the article.

Google+ works...but, only links to the KB index...not the actual article I'm liking.

Twitter has the article title but, just links to the KB index.

Are you working on these?

SA™

[quote
EDIT1:
I imported successfully 1 FAQ - but the article count is wrong. Recounting does not work.
When I edit the new article and save it back - then the count is okay
cheers Inti31[/quote]

this is a cache issue clearing the kb cache will sort this

QuoteI installed now the complete package - I am not able to use the bbc code menu to enter tags like center bold, etc
I just could do it manually

I have here at work just IE7 - no chance to test it with IE8+, Chrome, FF
Could someone verify this please?]

hmm i will test this later

Quote from: GlitchPC on March 12, 2012, 09:33:54 AM
SA™...

Using your latest submission...

Still have issues with the Social Sharing Icons...

Facebook doesn't work.  It'll add the count but, that's all it does.  It does not open a post/sahe window and nothing appears on my FB Wall or News feed....and yes, I'm logged into FB at the time I click the Like button on the article.

Google+ works...but, only links to the KB index...not the actual article I'm liking.

Twitter has the article title but, just links to the KB index.

Are you working on these?

yes im aware of these im considering using add this script instead now though
http://www.addthis.com/

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Advertisement: