News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

i need a mysql expert

Started by wynnyelle, January 23, 2012, 10:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chen Zhen

Quote from: Groovystar on January 27, 2012, 07:34:38 PM
I'm not trying to ignore you, and I assumed that this thread had lost focus and so I started a fresh one.

It's that I don't yet know you very well, also, you seem very knowledgeable but I am very careful whom I give out my site's info to. I'd be happy to let you have a look, I just need to see some references. My site is my life.

All I meant by the statement was to heed my advice.
As for ftp + admin I actually said you need to grant access to someone that is capable & willing to spend the time & no offense but I did not say I was willing to go to that extent.
I understand you are reluctant as you want to only grant that access to those which whom you have built some trust.
I say this because you keep posting a slew of various (filtered?) errors in different threads where imo every one of them is going to become pages of nonsense & eventual patches that are not solving the source of your problems.

Perhaps one of the people that you previously paid $$ to that possibly caused the issues would be willing?
Although it was most likely you that implemented improper edits, ignored modification's installation errors and/or followed unsound advice.

btw multiple threads from the same OP regarding the exact same subject is frowned upon in the community in general.
imo it will most likely cause the people you need to help you to ignore your posts.

Good luck with your issues.  ::)

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

wynnyelle

If you can't refrain from rolling your eyes at me when I've done my best to follow protocol here and thought I was only doing what people offering help have asked--providing attached files, quoting the errors I've got and giving all the details I can--then please don't reply to my threads. Just leave me alone. It hurt. The rest of your post was honest and helpful, then you decide to ridicule me. I don't appreciate it.

mashby

In defense of -Underdog-, and I'm not really sure it matters, you're reacting to a smiley. You also decided to build and pay extensively on an RC3 version of SMF which undoubtedly said "DO NOT USE ON A PRODUCTION VERSION OF YOUR SITE". And now we're a year and more later on 2.0.2. Yes, you have a highly used and highly modified site. But you ignored the warnings anyway. And now you're now on an unsupported version of SMF and creating all sorts of topics. One cannot be blamed for heeding the cry of the wolf. I ask you this one question: who has admin/FTP access to your site and what are you doing to get to a supported version of SMF?
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Chen Zhen

Quote from: Groovystar on January 27, 2012, 11:08:01 PM

If you can't refrain from rolling your eyes at me when I've done my best to follow protocol here and thought I was only doing what people offering help have asked--providing attached files, quoting the errors I've got and giving all the details I can--then please don't reply to my threads. Just leave me alone. It hurt. The rest of your post was honest and helpful, then you decide to ridicule me. I don't appreciate it.

All that over a little icon? Imo you are rather thin-skinned and/or over-dramatic:o
I stress the over-dramatic & doubt you were hurt by a smiley.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

wynnyelle

Underdog: I ask again that you leave me alone and stop mocking me. PLEASE.

Mashby: if you must know, Scotty, Labradoodle, HCF, Flamer, K@, Live, and CoreISP all have FTP access to my site or recently did.

I want to hire someone to perform the upgrade and adapt all of my additions done to the site. HCF helped me set up a new test forum and then I wasn't able to adapt any of the code. I don't know PHP and barely know CSS. I'm lost.

Advertisement: