News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Social name of my current topic is showing as index

Started by ubaidrehman, January 24, 2012, 05:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubaidrehman

hello everyone,
My problem is when ever I try submit my site to stumble upon or social site that automatically fetch topic name, (you cant modify)  my topic name is fetch as only index ?? that is really affecting my social networking, you try stumbling my any topic, how to correct this ? my forum is .. forum.currentblips.com

thanks.

Storman™

Not entirely sure this is an SMF issue ?

I see you also have the Wibiya toolbar on your site so maybe thats partly causing you problems ?

Illori

sounds like the threads are hidden from guests so the apps you are using cant see the titles. that is how it works it will just get bounced back to the index page.

ubaidrehman

But I really don't think so my post or topics are hidden from guest :/

ubaidrehman

Any help regarding this ? I means any way i can put my title at some where ! that indexing machien can index it easily ! ?

Xarcell

I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time understanding your english. Scereenshots would help. I cannot see your site because of this error:
QuoteConnection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Which usually is an host issue...

ubaidrehman

Thanks alot For Replying ! I will be more clear this time ! with screen shots ! So My problem is when I try to submit my site to Stumbleupon, Reddit, Buzz but Especially Stumbleupon, the title of my site that is fetched by stumble is just "INDEX" not the title of my topic ! for more clear view i have attached a screen shot as well ! you see all the post I stumbled are saved with the name Index only ! That is really affecting my Work thanks alot and please tell me how to resolve it !

oOo--STAR--oOo

Quote from: ubaidrehman on February 08, 2012, 04:08:44 AM
Thanks alot For Replying ! I will be more clear this time ! with screen shots ! So My problem is when I try to submit my site to Stumbleupon, Reddit, Buzz but Especially Stumbleupon, the title of my site that is fetched by stumble is just "INDEX" not the title of my topic ! for more clear view i have attached a screen shot as well ! you see all the post I stumbled are saved with the name Index only ! That is really affecting my Work thanks alot and please tell me how to resolve it !

Do guests have access to the topics?
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

ubaidrehman

Yes of course ! I told that above ! that  guest have access to it ! you can go by ur slf and check as a guest forum.currentblips.com !

oOo--STAR--oOo

Quote from: ubaidrehman on February 08, 2012, 07:20:38 AM
Yes of course ! I told that above ! that  guest have access to it ! you can go by ur slf and check as a guest forum.currentblips.com !

O.k. where are you submitting your site and how.
When submitting your site what are you doing exactly..
I looked at your site and I cannot determine exactly what you are doing?

In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

ubaidrehman

no matter what method I use my topic name is indexing as INDEX only !
let me tell you i use the stumbleupon button ! it doesnt work I use there page to manually submit it also doesnt work ! then I use there bar ! and again it doesnt work ! you can use your stumble upon account and stumble just my one post ! you will see the title of the post will be fetched only index !

oOo--STAR--oOo

Quote from: ubaidrehman on February 08, 2012, 07:38:36 AM
no matter what method I use my topic name is indexing as INDEX only !
let me tell you i use the stumbleupon button ! it doesnt work I use there page to manually submit it also doesnt work ! then I use there bar ! and again it doesnt work ! you can use your stumble upon account and stumble just my one post ! you will see the title of the post will be fetched only index !

Maybe because your topic links are formatted like this
?topic=1497.0

Why don't you trying using something like Pretty URL to make your URLS look better.

In Design Phase!

Illori

i would not recommend pretty urls, it tends to cause people more problems then it is worth and has no real benefit.

ubaidrehman

Use As per my knowledge I think of the same ! pretty urls are not good ! as it really doesnt effect on SEO but the problem over here is how to resolve this issue ! that is with the whole of SMF FORUMS ! any of the SMF forum is commonly indexing by popular social media site especially stumble upon ! SO is there a trick we can more signify (maximize) our title in back source of coding ?

oOo--STAR--oOo

Quote from: Illori on February 08, 2012, 08:27:17 AM
i would not recommend pretty urls, it tends to cause people more problems then it is worth and has no real benefit.

Hmm maybe you are right?
I use pretty URLS and don't seem to have a problem with it... I dunno if I am using the latest version but I am also using NGINX and had to redo the rewrite rules for it

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 15 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.055s, 1q)

Result from Forum Index page

Can you recommend a better one.. I am pretty interested as I have noticed aswell that my load times are a lil slower due to pretty URLS
I went inside a board and the query to pretty URLS took up most of the time

Page created in 0.583 seconds with 19 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.418s, 1q)

1 query ??? Damm.. Yeah you are right.. I need to switch..

In Design Phase!

Illori

some people have reported issues such as not being able to access areas of their forum due to pretty urls and if they move their forum that causes even more issues. in general unless you *require* it for some odd reason i would never recommend anyone to use it. but this is off topic to the op's issue.

oOo--STAR--oOo

Quote from: Illori on February 08, 2012, 08:34:40 AM
some people have reported issues such as not being able to access areas of their forum due to pretty urls and if they move their forum that causes even more issues. in general unless you *require* it for some odd reason i would never recommend anyone to use it. but this is off topic to the op's issue.

Ah o.k. I was thinking maybe their problem is due to it not being able to get a name of the topic from the link?
As it only displays ?topic=1497.0

If you had the name of the topic in the link then maybe your problem might be corrected.. Maybe?

In Design Phase!

Illori

most likely no, as usually such services only use the title tags to get the title not the url.

ubaidrehman

Exactly as said by Illori ! my research is exact ! that's why i want any tricky coder who can highlight the title tag to more visibility !

Advertisement: