Sticky something here about spam

Started by Account Abandoned, January 25, 2012, 12:04:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Account Abandoned

;)

So many questions about spam in this section, lets sticky something about it :P

Kindred

Or people could read existing messages... Or even <gasp> use search...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Well, people are just copy/pasting the entirety of previous posts on the subject...

Account Abandoned

Quote from: Kindred on January 25, 2012, 12:20:01 AM
Or people could read existing messages... Or even <gasp> use search...

You and I both know, it would be a perfect forum world if we could get people to do that >_<

kat

They won't even see a sticky. :(

They don't see the ones we have, anyway.

Maybe a sticky with the title "HOW TO COMBAT SPAMTARDS!" with just a link, thus:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=search;basic_search=spam

???

Arantor

You could put that same sticky in every board and it still wouldn't help.

kat

But, it makes it a tad easier, for us, in that we can just post a link to that topic. :)

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

I think we should do a sticky in one of the boards and everyone else can be pointed to read that instead og explaining things from scratch. If it even makes 1% difference, it is worth it.

Kindred

actually, I think we should have a wiki article on spam and point people to that instead...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

A wiki stops the scope of discussion on the topic. I would still suggest a sticky so that more input is received over time and improvements can be made within the OP as time moves on.

Account Abandoned

Maybe (though it may require coding) when a user opens a new topic, a rules section with red colors or something that grabs the attention of another can give search results for the combat of spam as well as other topics... that MIGHT work?!

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

That in my opinion will be useless :) Unless we want to implement something like a FAQ with lots of Q and A, I wouldn't want that idea being implemented.

Advertisement: