News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

forum Server overload

Started by Babadinho, January 28, 2012, 02:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babadinho

hi. my forum is hosted on a good plan. and right from my cpanel, i do see the cpu usage and entry processes, and they never exeed limit. but sometimes its just goes from 8% to 100/100% causing errors on my board.

i have contacted my host. they reply with

QuoteWhich are as follows:
--------------------------
Top Process %CPU 75.0 /usr/bin/php /home/--------/public_html/index.php
Top Process %CPU 74.0 /usr/bin/php /home/-------/public_html/index.php
Top Process %CPU 69.0 /usr/bin/php /home/-------/public_html/index.php

i pretty much dont understand dis. i really want to know if this is caused by my site traffic, or their is a problem somewhere.

as i said earlier, for most times of the day my site doesnt even reach quarter of the maximum cpu usage. and even at nights when i do have the most users online, it doesnt happen. i encounter dis error mostly during day time.

Ricky.

Illori

Storman™

What plan are you on as they seem to vary greatly ?

Illori

it does not matter which plan, that host is an overseller, so you are best to find a new host that is not an overseller. unlimited does not exist.

Babadinho

Quote from: Illori on January 29, 2012, 06:13:12 PM
it does not matter which plan, that host is an overseller, so you are best to find a new host that is not an overseller. unlimited does not exist.
there server keeps getting overloaded 1pm my local time. all tickets i have opened with no reply. at that moment, my entry processes suddenly rises from 8/50 to 50/50. yesterday i got a mail from dem dat they have acquired new ips from ARIN.

i wonder how the problem with server overload that happens at same time every day is from my end.

Babadinho

Quote from: Storman on January 29, 2012, 05:54:24 PM
What plan are you on as they seem to vary greatly ?

i use business plan. also i read their reviews before i moved in and they have a good reputation.

Illori

your host is an overseller, it does not matter which plan you are on, you will have issues with them. find a new host and all issues will go away.

Babadinho

Quote from: Illori on January 31, 2012, 05:39:31 AM
your host is an overseller, it does not matter which plan you are on, you will have issues with them. find a new host and all issues will go away.
any recommendation? tnx

Illori

we have a hosting board here with some suggestions, all are non-oversold host.

resdubwhite

Quote from: Illori on January 31, 2012, 12:10:36 PM
we have a hosting board here with some suggestions, all are non-oversold host.
i'm seeing the same issue with them on the business plan.

I keep addons to a minimum on my site.
From an smf point of view what is causing entry process creation?

Advertisement: