News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

forum Server overload

Started by Babadinho, January 28, 2012, 02:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babadinho

hi. my forum is hosted on a good plan. and right from my cpanel, i do see the cpu usage and entry processes, and they never exeed limit. but sometimes its just goes from 8% to 100/100% causing errors on my board.

i have contacted my host. they reply with

QuoteWhich are as follows:
--------------------------
Top Process %CPU 75.0 /usr/bin/php /home/--------/public_html/index.php
Top Process %CPU 74.0 /usr/bin/php /home/-------/public_html/index.php
Top Process %CPU 69.0 /usr/bin/php /home/-------/public_html/index.php

i pretty much dont understand dis. i really want to know if this is caused by my site traffic, or their is a problem somewhere.

as i said earlier, for most times of the day my site doesnt even reach quarter of the maximum cpu usage. and even at nights when i do have the most users online, it doesnt happen. i encounter dis error mostly during day time.

Ricky.

Illori

Storman™

What plan are you on as they seem to vary greatly ?

Illori

it does not matter which plan, that host is an overseller, so you are best to find a new host that is not an overseller. unlimited does not exist.

Babadinho

Quote from: Illori on January 29, 2012, 06:13:12 PM
it does not matter which plan, that host is an overseller, so you are best to find a new host that is not an overseller. unlimited does not exist.
there server keeps getting overloaded 1pm my local time. all tickets i have opened with no reply. at that moment, my entry processes suddenly rises from 8/50 to 50/50. yesterday i got a mail from dem dat they have acquired new ips from ARIN.

i wonder how the problem with server overload that happens at same time every day is from my end.

Babadinho

Quote from: Storman on January 29, 2012, 05:54:24 PM
What plan are you on as they seem to vary greatly ?

i use business plan. also i read their reviews before i moved in and they have a good reputation.

Illori

your host is an overseller, it does not matter which plan you are on, you will have issues with them. find a new host and all issues will go away.

Babadinho

Quote from: Illori on January 31, 2012, 05:39:31 AM
your host is an overseller, it does not matter which plan you are on, you will have issues with them. find a new host and all issues will go away.
any recommendation? tnx

Illori

we have a hosting board here with some suggestions, all are non-oversold host.

resdubwhite

Quote from: Illori on January 31, 2012, 12:10:36 PM
we have a hosting board here with some suggestions, all are non-oversold host.
i'm seeing the same issue with them on the business plan.

I keep addons to a minimum on my site.
From an smf point of view what is causing entry process creation?

Advertisement: