Detailed Version Check

Started by Mike72, January 29, 2012, 12:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike72

Hi guys,

My Default Templates seem to be the wrong version. Can someone explain to me how I can update it.

Thanks

hcfwesker

You possibly have a MOd installed that is outdated, not using 2.0.2 template files.  Click on the Default Templates title, and see which version is shows in red.

Oh, just tested and ran mine, seems its the PersonalMessage.template.php file.  not sure if yours is the same.

^ Heck, lol, the same pops up for a freshly installed SMF 2.0.2 forum.  strange  ???

Mike72

Quote from: hcfwesker on January 29, 2012, 12:09:34 PM
You possibly have a MOd installed that is outdated, not using 2.0.2 template files.

I have two mods that are 2.0.1
Never thought of that being the cause of it. Thank's for the fast reply.

Mike72

Quote from: hcfwesker on January 29, 2012, 12:09:34 PM
You possibly have a MOd installed that is outdated, not using 2.0.2 template files.  Click on the Default Templates title, and see which version is shows in red.

Oh, just tested and ran mine, seems its the PersonalMessage.template.php file.  not sure if yours is the same.

^ Heck, lol, the same pops up for a freshly installed SMF 2.0.2 forum.  strange  ???

That's what's showing on mine. "PersonalMessage.template.php'

hcfwesker

Like I said, it even pops up on afreshly installed 2.0.2 forum.  so I'm sure its nothing to be too concerned about.  Still strange, though lol

hcfwesker

Well, one fix is this.  Goto edit

PersonalMessage.template.php

at the very top

Find
* @version 2.0

Replace with
* @version 2.0.2

Illori

no that is not the fix, that does not fix the issue which is on the SERVER here and not on any smf install. the team is aware of the issue and working on a fix, but that is not the fix as there are no changes to that file.

hcfwesker

I understand it's not the permanent fix, but to at least remove the error when comparing current files, it makes it go away.  and some of us wont be bothered by it until hopefully the current version comes along with 2.0.3 or soemthing.

Illori

well if the fix is made on the server then those that used your fix will then have a wrong version again. so it is not the right way to fix it.

Storman™

Any more news on this one, is this still outstanding ?

Illori

yes this is still not resolved on the server side. if there are any changes it should be posted in one of the many threads on this issue.

Storman™

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

As far as I can tell - This should not be an issue at the moment. If your version check still looks like this, could you check out what files under "Default" show as outdated?
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Illori

lex, this is still an issue. norv does not really know how to fix this and would have to recode some of the js to fix it i believe as all "default" templates use the same version.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Illori on March 10, 2012, 06:28:52 AM
lex, this is still an issue. norv does not really know how to fix this and would have to recode some of the js to fix it i believe as all "default" templates use the same version.
Huh? What's the problem? 2.0.2 patch updated PersonalMessage.template.php so the file version should now be 2.0.2, and the current version my forum is showing from SM fetched info is 2.0.2.
I fail to see the problem.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Illori

the default theme personalmessage.template.php file was not updated for version so it shows outdated, check the detailed version check.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

So the problem was in the patch - not in the version check.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Illori

no it is not a problem in the patch, the default theme did not change just the core theme and the js file that shows versions shows the same for all "default" themes.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Oh... Now I get it. Actually I should've spotted that, sorry.

But then the detailed version check simply doesn't work correctly, and really should be fixed somehow. But now I understand it may be harder than it seemed.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Illori

yep, so it is a team issue to resolve not the users, and this has been brought to the teams attention, no idea when we will get it fixed though. should we mark this solved in the mean time?

Advertisement: