News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Permission to allow access to "Forum Maintenance"

Started by zach21uk, January 29, 2012, 03:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zach21uk

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on January 31, 2012, 07:04:38 PM
That means that the backup function was not converted to the new permission then.

I've double checked and I made all of the code changes mentioned here.   I don't think I've made a mistake.

Matthew K.

I didn't say you made a mistake...I was saying one of the functions was missed. The function for backing up.

Oldiesmann

Sources/DumpDatabase.php

Find
// Administrators only!
if (!allowedTo('admin_forum'))

Replace
// Administrators only!
if (!allowedTo('access_maintenance') && !allowedTo('admin_forum'))
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Matthew K.

I do believe allowedTo(); accepts an array, does it not? Also...as discussed earlier in this topic, unless I am not thinking about it from the right angle (Not put much thought into it, to be honest) the admin_forum permission does not need to be in question as admins will always be able to access_maintenance.

Oldiesmann

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on February 01, 2012, 02:11:21 PM
I do believe allowedTo(); accepts an array, does it not? Also...as discussed earlier in this topic, unless I am not thinking about it from the right angle (Not put much thought into it, to be honest) the admin_forum permission does not need to be in question as admins will always be able to access_maintenance.

You're right about allowedTo accepting an array. Not sure why I didn't think of that :P

The "admin_forum" permission is "Administrate forum and database". That is not the same as the "Administrator" group, though it essentially gives you the same permissions.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: