News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Permission to allow access to "Forum Maintenance"

Started by zach21uk, January 29, 2012, 03:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zach21uk

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on January 31, 2012, 07:04:38 PM
That means that the backup function was not converted to the new permission then.

I've double checked and I made all of the code changes mentioned here.   I don't think I've made a mistake.

Matthew K.

I didn't say you made a mistake...I was saying one of the functions was missed. The function for backing up.

Oldiesmann

Sources/DumpDatabase.php

Find
// Administrators only!
if (!allowedTo('admin_forum'))

Replace
// Administrators only!
if (!allowedTo('access_maintenance') && !allowedTo('admin_forum'))
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Matthew K.

I do believe allowedTo(); accepts an array, does it not? Also...as discussed earlier in this topic, unless I am not thinking about it from the right angle (Not put much thought into it, to be honest) the admin_forum permission does not need to be in question as admins will always be able to access_maintenance.

Oldiesmann

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on February 01, 2012, 02:11:21 PM
I do believe allowedTo(); accepts an array, does it not? Also...as discussed earlier in this topic, unless I am not thinking about it from the right angle (Not put much thought into it, to be honest) the admin_forum permission does not need to be in question as admins will always be able to access_maintenance.

You're right about allowedTo accepting an array. Not sure why I didn't think of that :P

The "admin_forum" permission is "Administrate forum and database". That is not the same as the "Administrator" group, though it essentially gives you the same permissions.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: