News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Add & Create Social Media Icons To Profiles

Started by hcfwesker, January 30, 2012, 10:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcfwesker

Link to Mod

Add & Create Social Media Icons To Profiles

For suggestions, feedback, and support please use the MOD's support topic.

Current Release:  v1.2.0
     ((any previous versions need to be uninstalled before installing 1.2.0)) 

Compatible with SMF 2 versions : 2.0.XX
Compatible with SMF 1 versions : 1.1.19  ( maybe previous 1.1.xx versions, haven't tested.

Adds Social Media links to member profiles: Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Youtube, DevianArt, Pinterest.
[NEW!] Add Custom Icons to align seamlessly with default Social Media icons. (( for SMF2 ONLY! )) Click Here for more info.

Advanced Profile Fields must be activated under 'Core Features' for this Mod to work.

By Default, This Modification allows your members to add the following Social Media sites to their Profile:

Facebook
MySpace
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Youtube
DeviantArt
Pinterest

Note on Images:
QuoteAll images are uploaded to each Theme's /images folder as .png images.  If you prefer your own images, just upload and overwrite the images originally installed
/smifacebook.png
/smimyspace.png
/smitwitter.png
/smiyoutube.png
/smideviantart.png
/smigoogleplus.png
/smilinkedin.png
/smpinterest.png

This Modification is compatible with Ultimate Profiles and Default profiles.

SMF2

Advanced Profile Fields must be activated under 'Core Features' for this Mod to work.Social Media Icons will be displayed on the following pages :

-Ultimate Profile
-Display page (mini profiles)
-Personal Messaging (mini profiles)

Admin Settings (optional)*
Admin > Configuration > Features & Options > Profile Fields
Admin settings to Activate/Deactivate which to allow members to modify ( All on by default)
Admin settings to select which to show on new member Registration (All off by default)
[NEW!] Add Custom Icons to align seamlessly with default Social Media icons. (( for SMF2 ONLY! )) Click Here for more info.

SMF 1

Social Media Icons will be displayed on the following pages :

-Display page (mini profiles)
-Default Profile
-Ultimate Profile
-Personal Messaging (mini profiles)

*No Admin settings are required from installation.  Just install the Modification, and members can update these settings under: Profile > Modify Profile > Forum Profile

This Package ONLY makes edits to the SMF Default Curve theme.  Any other themes will require custom edits to the same files listed for the 'default' theme.

No copyright links are added to any footer pages.

Submitted Language Modifications are appreciated

languages/Modifications.english.php
$txt['smi_buddies_title'] = 'Social Networks';
$txt['smi_facebook_title'] = 'Facebook';
$txt['smi_facebook_desc'] = 'Input your Facebook username.';
$txt['smi_myspace_title'] = 'MySpace';
$txt['smi_myspace_desc'] = 'Input your MySpace username.';
$txt['smi_twitter_title'] = 'Twitter';
$txt['smi_twitter_desc'] = 'Input your Twitter username.';
$txt['smi_youtube_title'] = 'Youtube';
$txt['smi_youtube_desc'] = 'Input your Youtube username.';
$txt['smi_deviantart_title'] = 'DeviantArt';
$txt['smi_deviantart_desc'] = 'Input your DeviantArt username.';
$txt['smi_googleplus_title'] = 'Google+';
$txt['smi_googleplus_desc'] = 'Input your Google+ User ID.';
$txt['smi_linkedin_title'] = 'LinkedIn';
$txt['smi_linkedin_desc'] = 'Copy & Paste your LinkedIn profile link.';

Language Contributions.  ( thank you to all for your support )
hungarian - novill
italian - etms52
serbian-latin - Zuća
spanish - emueses
portuguese - Joomlamz
turkish - tusuka

Change Log

v1.2.0
Removed Guests viewing of Social Icons in posts & profiles
Custom Social Links now open in new tabs/windows when clicked
Fixed alignment issues when default icons were not used

v1.1.0
Added admin settings to add their own Custom Social Media icons to display with default icons - SMF2 ONLY
Removed display from Buddies & Who's Online page

v1.0.8
! Fixed bug where Icons not activated were displaying on Display & Who Online pages.
Added language support for:  turkish

v1.0.7
Pinterest Integrated
SMF 1.1.xx added Personal Message & Ultimate Profile Compatibility.
Added language support for:  portuguese

v1.0.6
Added language support for:  hungarian, italian, serbian-latin, spanish

v1.0.5
LinkedIn Integrated
Added 1.1.xx Compatibility

v1.0.4
Added Admin settings to Activate/Deactivate which to allow members to modify ( All on by default)
Added Admin settings to select which to show on new member Registration (All off by default)

v1.0.3
Error fixed with Icons not displaying in Edit Buddies page with Ultimate Profiles installed.

v1.0.2
Fixed bug with Google+ not being added to database
Completely revamped file edits in modification file
Removed unnecessary language edits for Ultimate Profile
Next update release will be Upgrade compatible.

v1.0.1
Google+ Integrated

v1.0
-First Release

This mod is licensed under Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0)

hcfwesker

Thank you.  Preview Images are on the MOD page, I'll have to add them here as well. 

If there are other popular Social Network sites I may have missed or not aware of, I will take suggestions and possibly add into this modification.  :)

fungku

Awesome!

Would be perfect if you added G+
Contractor and Tool Man

hcfwesker

Quote from: fungku on January 30, 2012, 05:11:50 PM
Awesome!

Thank you.  And, this was originally made for my site and my members, and only went on which they preferred and suggested.  But like I said, I'm open for suggestions of other social network sites to be added to this Modification as long as they are popular and widely used.  I just can't add everything that everyone suggests :)

I'll look into adding Google+ into the next version.  I don't use it myself, so if someone can provide an example of how a link to someone's profile works I can see how the link needs to be implemented into this :)

hcfwesker

Thanx, bud.  So  {uid}  would need to be replaced with the members info they put as their username on Google+

like this? https://plus.google.com/hcfwesker/posts

Matthew K.

hcfwesker

Ah, I gotcha.  Strange they chose to do it that way ???

but, it can be done.  So only numbers need to be allowed in the input label for members, no letters or other characters/symbols.

Matthew K.

That's how Facebook does it, still. Although if you have a username, it also works that way.

fungku

Quote from: hcfwesker on January 30, 2012, 05:24:30 PM
Quote from: fungku on January 30, 2012, 05:11:50 PM
Awesome!

Thank you.  And, this was originally made for my site and my members, and only went on which they preferred and suggested.  But like I said, I'm open for suggestions of other social network sites to be added to this Modification as long as they are popular and widely used.  I just can't add everything anyone suggests :)

I'll look into adding Google+ into the next version.  I don't use it myself, so if someone can provide an example of how a link to someone's profile works I can see how the link needs to be implemented into this :)

Google is implementing it into all their sites, including search results. I think eventually everyone will have a G+ profile whether they use it or not, but I'm sure a lot will.

Profile examples.

my G+ page: https://plus.google.com/111342621260486139756/ [nofollow]

my business G+ page: https://plus.google.com/111714518818316549014/ [nofollow]

cheers

edit: the hxxp is supposed to be https like the poster above did in his link
Contractor and Tool Man

hcfwesker

I'll work on implementing this and updating the package in the next few days.   Just gotta find/make a decent, small, icon for Google+ and make other preparations when I have time.

Matthew K.

When you update this, you should use the upgrade element in package-info.xml so people who are using this mod already don't have to uninstall and then re-install :)

fungku

Two transparent bg, one black  ;D
Contractor and Tool Man

fungku

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on January 30, 2012, 06:53:44 PM
When you update this, you should use the upgrade element in package-info.xml so people who are using this mod already don't have to uninstall and then re-install :)
I like this idea  ;D
Contractor and Tool Man

hcfwesker

Version 1.0.1

Added Google+ Integration
Cleaned up a lot of file edits for cleaner install and uninstalls

It is advised to uninstall, then install the latest version.   Upgrade options will be implemented in later versions.

Big thanx to Labradoodle-360 & Joker™  for helping steer me in the right direction. :)

For SMF4Mobile users , I've added integration edits on the support site for these to be included.

Preview:

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on January 30, 2012, 06:53:44 PM

This will be integrated with future updates, thanx to all your help in this.  I had to clean up some of the old coding so this would be implemented better in future releases, as well as cleaner installs/uninstalls after upgrade versions are added.

Matthew K.

Apllicmz

Nice work
when try download i see error
can check thank you

Matthew K.

Quote from: Joomlamz on January 31, 2012, 04:18:39 PM
Nice work
when try download i see error
can check thank you

Providing more details would be helpful

Apllicmz