Add & Create Social Media Icons To Profiles

Started by hcfwesker, January 30, 2012, 10:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcfwesker

I appreciate the nice words. 

Plans for next update is to include options for Admins to Activate/Deactivate which Media Icons not to allow on the forum, and select which can be filled out on new member Registrations.

Draffi

Quotewhich can be filled out on new member Registrations.

That was my question, too.

Hope you can hold your update-frequency.... ;D

hcfwesker

Quote from: Fed Drago on February 02, 2012, 07:45:51 AM
Hello there great Mod Would it be possible to add a Skype link in your next Upgrade?

Cheers

Here you go, buddy ;)

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=467631.msg3268474#msg3268474

Though, installing, from what I seen, will give you errors on Sources/Load.php and Sources/Profile-Modify.php , cause both these MODs edit similar lines.

hcfwesker

Quote from: Draffi on February 04, 2012, 03:25:28 PMHope you can hold your update-frequency.... ;D

I'll try ;)

v1.0.4 Release
Added Admin settings to Activate/Deactivate which to allow members to modify ( All on by default)
Added Admin settings to select which to show on new member Registration (All off by default)

To configure theses settings goto  Admin > Configuration > Profile Fields

To upgrade from v1.0.3 simply upload the v1.0.4 Package and install, no need to uninstall v1.0.3

Zuća

hcfwesker

Quote from: Present. on February 04, 2012, 06:29:06 PM
it would be nice to add skype

As already asked, and responded to.  skype ins't a Social Site, it's an instant Messenger, so doesn't belong in this category.  but, alas, the MOD was just released for Skype & Google Talk.   http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=467631.msg3268474#msg3268474

rickmastfan67

Can you update from 1.0.1 to 1.0.4 directly, or do I have to uninstall it first and then re-install?

hcfwesker

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on February 04, 2012, 08:24:00 PM
Can you update from 1.0.1 to 1.0.4 directly, or do I have to uninstall it first and then re-install?

Only from 1.0.2 can you update to 1.0.3 then to 1.0.4

you'll need to uninstall 1.0.1 , then install 1.0.4  to get to the latest release.  sorry

rickmastfan67

Quote from: hcfwesker on February 04, 2012, 08:31:49 PM
Quote from: rickmastfan67 on February 04, 2012, 08:24:00 PM

Only from 1.0.2 can you update to 1.0.3 then to 1.0.4

you'll need to uninstall 1.0.1 , then install 1.0.4  to get to the latest release.  sorry

But any data that is stored from this mod will stay in the database and not have to be put back in, correct?

hcfwesker

Yes, members data will still be stored :)

when uninstalling, just don't click the option  "Remove all data associated with this modification. [Details]"   <--- leave that unchecked ( should be unchecked by default).  this allows the data members have added to stay stored in the databse, and once MOd is reinstalled, their stuff will appear back as normally like it was never removed  :)

rickmastfan67

hcfwesker

No problem.  Once you make the full install of v1.0.4 , all later version will be upgradable, but must be upgraded from one version to the next.

example v1.0.2 > v1.0.3 > v.1.04 > v.1.0.5  and so on.  Can't just upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.0.5 , must be done in succession

etms52

My italian translation:

File:./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.italian.php

Trova (alle fine del file):
?>

Aggiunti sopra:

$txt['smi_facebook_title'] = 'Facebook';
$txt['smi_facebook_desc'] = 'Immetti il tuo nome utente su Facebook.';
$txt['smi_myspace_title'] = 'MySpace';
$txt['smi_myspace_desc'] = 'Immetti il tuo nome utente su MySpace.';
$txt['smi_twitter_title'] = 'Twitter';
$txt['smi_twitter_desc'] = 'Immetti il tuo nome utente su Twitter.';
$txt['smi_youtube_title'] = 'Youtube';
$txt['smi_youtube_desc'] = 'Immetti il tuo nome utente su Youtube.';
$txt['smi_deviantart_title'] = 'DeviantArt';
$txt['smi_deviantart_desc'] = 'Immetti il tuo nome utente su DeviantArt.';
$txt['smi_googleplus_title'] = 'Google+';
$txt['smi_googleplus_desc'] = 'Immetti il tuo ID utente su Google+.';

File:./Themes/default/languages/Profile.italian.php

?>

Aggiunti sopra:

$txt['smi_buddies_title'] = 'Reti sociali';

File:./Themes/default/languages/UltimateProfile.italian.php

?>

Aggiunti sopra:

$txt['facebook'] = 'Facebook';
$txt['myspace'] = 'MySpace';
$txt['twitter'] = 'Twitter';
$txt['youtube'] = 'Youtube';
$txt['deviantart'] = 'DeviantArt';
$txt['googleplus'] = 'Google+';

My website: hxxp:www.ikariamtools.netsons.org/?p=70 [nonactive]

hcfwesker

Thank You very much for the contribution. I'll be sure to include this in the next update.

CuteNeko

A nice mod but it's only partially working for me

as you can see hxxp:timjm.com/cuteneko/index.php?topic=3.msg4#new [nonactive]
the social network links show up, but not the icons, the installation went okay according to the installer, however, it may have caused this issue:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=467858.0

CuteNeko

Ah, my question looks like it's been answered in that thread.

Matthew K.

I highly doubt it caused that issue...the fact the images are missing has absolutely no relation to custom profile fields.

Steps to look for the solution:
1) Make sure the images are on your server (navigate through FTP or cPanel's File Manager)
2) Visit the images via the URL (in your web browser)

What happens?

hcfwesker

I was just fixing to ask if you Activated Profile Fields in the Core Features.  Though, this MOD shouldn't have anything to do with that , and should be working as soon as installed.  If you have a custom theme, the installer will ask if you want to install the images to other themes.  The images must be installed to all themes' images folder  for them to appear.

I just went to your site, and appears you are using a custom theme.  So you may want to uninstall the MOD, then reintsall, and make sure you click the options to install images to other themes.

Matthew K.

Quote from: hcfwesker on February 07, 2012, 12:40:33 AM
I was just fixing to ask if you Activated Profile Fields in the Core Features.  Though, this MOD shouldn't have anything to do with that , and should be working as soon as installed.  If you have a custom theme, the installer will ask if you want to install the images to other themes.  The images must be installed to all themes' images folder  for them to appear.
And bang, there you have it. The dude's right, too ;)

Zuća

Modifications.serbian_latin-utf-8.php

$txt['smi_facebook_title'] = 'Facebook';
$txt['smi_facebook_desc'] = 'Vaše Fejsbuk korisničko ime.';
$txt['smi_myspace_title'] = 'MySpace';
$txt['smi_myspace_desc'] = 'Vaše Myspace korisničko ime.';
$txt['smi_twitter_title'] = 'Twitter';
$txt['smi_twitter_desc'] = 'Vaše twiter korisničko ime.';
$txt['smi_youtube_title'] = 'Youtube';
$txt['smi_youtube_desc'] = 'Vaše Youtube korisničko ime.';
$txt['smi_deviantart_title'] = 'DeviantArt';
$txt['smi_deviantart_desc'] = 'Vaše DeviantArt korisničko ime.';