News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Add & Create Social Media Icons To Profiles

Started by hcfwesker, January 30, 2012, 10:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlitchPC

Probably going to get blasted for this...but, I uploaded the latest version, 1.0.5 and installed it.  Not a prob.  When I went to package manager...version 1.0.4 was there...with no uninstall link.  There was only a List Files and Delete link.  So, I just deleted it.

Will this cause me any issues in the future?

hcfwesker

Quote from: Goad on February 27, 2012, 03:29:16 AM
Duplicate column name 'myspace'
File: /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxx/Packages/temp/2.x/install.php
Line: 84

It honestly should have bypassed a duplicate table.  I'll test and and see whats up.

Quote from: GlitchPC on February 27, 2012, 09:50:46 AM
Probably going to get blasted for this...but, I uploaded the latest version, 1.0.5 and installed it.  Not a prob.  When I went to package manager...version 1.0.4 was there...with no uninstall link.  There was only a List Files and Delete link.  So, I just deleted it.   Will this cause me any issues in the future?

Nope, thats normal behavior.  If when you download the latest version to upgrade from the previous, but instead of immediately Installing it, go view the packages, it'll have [Upgrade] , instead of [Install].  So basically the newest version becomes the entire package after upgrading.  deleting the older version is what you should do.

Zuća

Kindred

try reading? :P

Quote from: hcfwesker on February 27, 2012, 02:10:16 AM
v1.0.5 Release
LinkedIn Integration added 
Added 1.1.xx Compatibility

Note on LinkedIn for users.  As noted on the Modify Profile page, users will need to copy & paste their entire LinkedIn profile URL.

Compatible with SMF 1 versions : 1.1.16  ( maybe previous 1.1.xx versions, haven't tested myself).
Only placed I added these to appear on are Display page and Profile pages.  Kinda rushed myself, but I'll add more pages like the SMF2 version in a later update.

To upgrade from v1.0.4 simply upload the v1.0.5 Package and install, no need to uninstall v1.0.4
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Godsongz

Quote from: hcfwesker on February 27, 2012, 02:10:16 AM
Note on LinkedIn for users.  As noted on the Modify Profile page, users will need to copy & paste their entire LinkedIn profile URL.

I've copied and pasted my entire LinkedIn profile URL, but after saving my forum profile and going back to look at the LinkedIn profile URL, I find that it's had several characters truncated off the end of it.

EDIT:  yep, looks like it's truncating the field to a maximum of 45 characters.  For me it was sufficient to remove the "www." from the front of the URL to get it to work.

hcfwesker

Strange, because i set it to 65 characters max, I believe.  I noticed when browsing the site that some links were a tad larger than 45, so i went 65 to be safe.

EDIT:  well crap, nm.  i made it 65 on modify profile, but database is 45 limit.  I suck. :(

emueses

Don't know if you are interested but here is the Spanish Language Modification:

$txt['smi_buddies_title'] = 'Redes Sociales';
$txt['smi_facebook_title'] = 'Facebook';
$txt['smi_facebook_desc'] = 'Su Usuario en Facebook.';         
$txt['smi_myspace_title'] = 'MySpace';
$txt['smi_myspace_desc'] = 'Su Usuario en MySpace.';
$txt['smi_twitter_title'] = 'Twitter';
$txt['smi_twitter_desc'] = 'Su Usuario en Twitter.';
$txt['smi_youtube_title'] = 'Youtube';
$txt['smi_youtube_desc'] = 'Su Usuario en YouTube.';
$txt['smi_deviantart_title'] = 'DeviantArt';
$txt['smi_deviantart_desc'] = 'Su Usuario en DevianArt.';
$txt['smi_googleplus_title'] = 'Google+';
$txt['smi_googleplus_desc'] = 'Su Numero de ID en Google+.';

hcfwesker

Thank you for the spanish language contribution.  It's not that I haven't been slacking on adding them, it's just by time I get ready to add them, I add a new social Media site each time, and then I don't have the translation for the new site added. :(   I'll try and get a better system for this in the future.

Sir Charles

Yeah I cant put my linkedIN profile  on because my URL for my profile is too long :(

hcfwesker

Quote from: Sir Charles on March 03, 2012, 05:10:38 PM
Yeah I cant put my linkedIN profile  on because my URL for my profile is too long :(

Try the recently attached MOD.  Same edits and all, just ups the databse limit to 65 characters.  This is the main reason i didn't want to add LinbkIn, cause there's no absolute defined url to all profiles.

Zuća

rickmastfan67

hcfwesker, I help run an older 1.1.16 forum which can't be upgraded at this time and I was wondering if the following mod (Profile Fields and Icons Mod) data can be safely ported from it and converted to your mod?

If that is possible, it will help at least for the future when we do get around to upgrading it to the SMF2 branch as your mod is fully compatible with both 1.1.16 and 2.0.2 now. :)

Sir Charles

Quote from: hcfwesker on March 03, 2012, 06:16:42 PM
Quote from: Sir Charles on March 03, 2012, 05:10:38 PM

Try the recently attached MOD.  Same edits and all, just ups the databse limit to 65 characters.  This is the main reason i didn't want to add LinbkIn, cause there's no absolute defined url to all profiles.

Recently attached mod? I downloaded v1.0.5 yesterday have you updated it since then?

hcfwesker

Quote from: Zuća on March 04, 2012, 07:45:01 AM
Add a steam ?

Steam, and other gaming profiles are available with this MOD.  GamerIDs : http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2769

Quote from: Sir Charles on March 04, 2012, 10:24:33 AMRecently attached mod? I downloaded v1.0.5 yesterday have you updated it since then?

Yes, after your post, I uploaded a new v1.0.5 , Last Modified: March 3, 2012 at 05:15:19 PM  (central time US)

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on March 04, 2012, 08:20:33 AM
hcfwesker, I help run an older 1.1.16 forum which can't be upgraded at this time and I was wondering if the following mod (Profile Fields and Icons Mod) data can be safely ported from it and converted to your mod?

If that is possible, it will help at least for the future when we do get around to upgrading it to the SMF2 branch as your mod is fully compatible with both 1.1.16 and 2.0.2 now. :)

They use the same database table names I believe, so information from the previous MOD should port over after uninstalling it, then installing this one.

GlitchPC

hcfwesker...

Still using and love this mod.  Feature request, though...

Would it be possible to have Admin options to select which pages the icons are actually displayed?  Like...if I don't want them to appear on the Who's Online page I'd have the ability to disable that feature of your mod.

Thanks...

JackTheKnife22

i cant seem to upload it when i try things are failing to change:
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Load.php    Test failed
Execute Modification    /home/bazzaro/public_html/RTGC/forum/Themes/core/PersonalMessage.template.php    Test failed
1.    Add Before    /home/bazzaro/public_html/RTGC/forum/Themes/core/PersonalMessage.template.php    Test failed

I dont understand what im doin wrong, im just using the upload a .zip function

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Tyler Style

Quote from: Kindred on March 22, 2012, 03:24:35 AM
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation

Use search?
I just tried to install the mod on a fresh install of SMF and got the same error, so I took a peek.  Looks like there is a typo in the install code for ./Themes/core/PersonalMessage.template.php - there are one too many tab stops before the "Find" text
// Show the profile, website, email address, and personal message buttons., it should be
// Show the profile, website, email address, and personal message buttons.

Tyler Style

I use Google Apps, which means my G+ profile has a custom domain, (eg) "[email protected]".  This seems to break the profile G+ link when viewing my SMF member profile and clicking on the G+ icon.

hcfwesker

Quote from: Tyler Style on March 27, 2012, 03:58:30 PM
I use Google Apps, which means my G+ profile has a custom domain, (eg) "[email protected]".  This seems to break the profile G+ link when viewing my SMF member profile and clicking on the G+ icon.

Sorry.   I don't use Google Plus, or any kind of app for it.  I added the icon from other members' suggestions on how it works.  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=467074.msg3264629#msg3264629

Advertisement: