Add & Create Social Media Icons To Profiles

Started by hcfwesker, January 30, 2012, 10:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR1665

Quote from: hcfwesker on September 13, 2012, 01:51:57 PM
You can just simply do this.  Goto your default themes Images folder, and just copy all images that start with "smi" ... 

smifacebook.png
smimyspace.png
smitwitter.png
smiyoutube.png
smideviantart.png
smigoogleplus.png
smilinkedin.png

Just copy those over to your other Images folder in other themes ;)

Excellent. For some reason, I did not have those images in any of the image folders for existing themes (default-curve/core/bloqcs). I simply went back to the mod page, right clicked > saved as .png files with the names you suggested, and dropped them into the images folder for the them I'm using. PROBLEM SOLVED.

THANK YOU. This is a very clean mod which I think will help our members build stronger connections away from the board, hopefully bringing more people to our community.

Cheers,

Kindred

you didn't need to save them like that - all those images were in the mod package, too...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DR1665

Quote from: Kindred on September 13, 2012, 03:30:38 PM
you didn't need to save them like that - all those images were in the mod package, too...
I would expect them to be, but I downloaded the latest version of the package from the mod page, uploaded it via admin panel, and there were no such image files in any of the 'images' directories in the (3) themes present on this fresh install. No idea why that was the case, but figured I would share my findings in the hopes it helps anyone else who might encounter such a situation.

Kindred

your images directory might not be writable...

(but when I said "in the package", I also meant that you could have unzipped the package on your PC and grabbed the files directly out of there.)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DR1665

Quote from: Kindred on September 13, 2012, 04:03:00 PM
your images directory might not be writable...

(but when I said "in the package", I also meant that you could have unzipped the package on your PC and grabbed the files directly out of there.)
You are wise in the ways of the SMFs, mate. I had not thought of this. #facepalm

And you are absolutely correct about where the images were. Lessons learned.

PS: Kudos on the lightning quick response. It's a newbie's dream! ;)

Apllicmz

Nice work
When Update donf forget portuguese files

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_pt-utf8.php" error="skip">
        <operation>
            <search position="after"><![CDATA[?>]]></search>
            <add><![CDATA[$txt['smi_facebook_title'] = 'Facebook';
$txt['smi_facebook_desc'] = 'Introduza seu nome de utilizador do Facebook.';       
$txt['smi_myspace_title'] = 'MySpace';
$txt['smi_myspace_desc'] = 'Introduza seu nome de utilizador MySpace.';
$txt['smi_twitter_title'] = 'Twitter';
$txt['smi_twitter_desc'] = 'Introduza seu nome de utilizador Twitter.';
$txt['smi_youtube_title'] = 'Youtube';
$txt['smi_youtube_desc'] = 'Introduzaseu nome de utilizador do Youtube.';
$txt['smi_deviantart_title'] = 'DeviantArt';
$txt['smi_deviantart_desc'] = 'Introduza seu nome de utilizador DeviantArt.';
$txt['smi_googleplus_title'] = 'Google+';
$txt['smi_googleplus_desc'] = 'Introduza o seu ID de utilizador Google +.';
$txt['smi_buddies_title'] = 'Redes Sociais';
]]></add>
        </operation>
   </file>

[code]<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_pt.php" error="skip">
        <operation>
            <search position="after"><![CDATA[?>]]></search>
            <add><![CDATA[$txt['smi_facebook_title'] = 'Facebook';
$txt['smi_facebook_desc'] = 'Introduza seu nome de utilizador do Facebook.';       
$txt['smi_myspace_title'] = 'MySpace';
$txt['smi_myspace_desc'] = 'Introduza seu nome de utilizador MySpace.';
$txt['smi_twitter_title'] = 'Twitter';
$txt['smi_twitter_desc'] = 'Introduza seu nome de utilizador Twitter.';
$txt['smi_youtube_title'] = 'Youtube';
$txt['smi_youtube_desc'] = 'Introduzaseu nome de utilizador do Youtube.';
$txt['smi_deviantart_title'] = 'DeviantArt';
$txt['smi_deviantart_desc'] = 'Introduza seu nome de utilizador DeviantArt.';
$txt['smi_googleplus_title'] = 'Google+';
$txt['smi_googleplus_desc'] = 'Introduza o seu ID de utilizador Google +.';
$txt['smi_buddies_title'] = 'Redes Sociais';
]]></add>
        </operation>
   </file>

monkeyofstick

Hey,looks great!!
Any way we could get a pinterst added to it?
It has become the hottest bookmark.

hcfwesker

Quote from: monkeyofstick on October 19, 2012, 02:23:52 PM
Hey,looks great!!
Any way we could get a pinterst added to it?
It has become the hottest bookmark.

I'm honestly wanting to rod of myspace from the MOD, or just leave it as an option that no one probably uses.  But there is room for others to be added, some requests i just didn't feel warranted an addition.   I'm not in the "know" of most social sites, so with pinterests, or any other requests anyone wants to suggest, just provide me of an example link of what someone's profile url is on a suggested site. :)

look something like this?  http://pinterest.com/hcfwesker/  ?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

monkeyofstick

lol,
There are still a few myspace fans,but not nearly what it use to be 5 years ago.

hcfwesker

Quote from: Joomlamz on October 15, 2012, 02:47:38 PM
Nice work
When Update donf forget portuguese files

wow Thanx!  You did all the work for me.  just copy and paste from what you supplied :)

hcfwesker

I've got all the coding done.  But my gfx designer hasn't been around for a few days.  Anyone want to help with cleaning the attached image up, making the background transparent?  Or provide one of your own that may look better?

Edit.

I got it.

hcfwesker

v1.0.7 Released! 7396

Pinterest Integrated
SMF 1.1.xx added Personal Message & Ultimate Profile Compatibility.
Added language support for:  portuguese

SMF2 users, To upgrade from v1.0.6 simply upload the v1.0.7 Package and install, then delete v1.0.6 after successful upgrade

geek_andy

Not sure why there are 2 v1.0.7's on the mod download page but upgrade went fine, great mod! ;)

hcfwesker

Thanx for the notice.  MOD Edit page froze while loading and i may have hit the 'Save' button a couple times to try and speed it up.  Glad to hear the upgrade went fine for you.  I'm sure some with several MODs installed may run into some errors most likely in Load.php.

clericvash

I cannot get this mod to install:
      Execute Modification   ./Themes/core/PersonalMessage.template.php   Test failed
   1.   Add Before   ./Themes/core/PersonalMessage.template.php   Test failed

Kindred

wow....   people really don't bother to even try to search, do they?
This question is answered (several times) in nearly every mod thread... and in the online manual
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation
Слaва
Украинi

clericvash

Not the politest support staff now are we...anyway thanks for the answer.

DeroZ

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: