News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Add & Create Social Media Icons To Profiles

Started by hcfwesker, January 30, 2012, 10:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nax

Thank you for your civilised answer hcfwesker

@ Arantor and Kindred - to answer your criticisms; a -we are not all as experienced as you with this software, b- the mod page itself directs users to this thread if there are problems or questions and C - it's hard to know with a mod if the issue is generic or specific to that Mod - I will however look for the wiki you mention.

Arantor

Quotewe are not all as experienced as you with this software

And? Surely you try looking around for an answer before posting?

Quotethe mod page itself directs users to this thread if there are problems or questions

True enough, but the first point still stands.

QuoteI will however look for the wiki you mention.

Look up at the top of the page for where it says Online Manual.

NekoJonez

Quote from: JonezJeA on April 29, 2013, 09:32:59 AMHow can I add another network like eg Tumblr? -> Did that myself.

you mean you already figured it out or need help adding Tumblr?
[/quote]

Yup
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

Arantor

Wait, how does that make sense? "Did you figure it out or do you need help?" "Yes." So, which is it?

hcfwesker

seriously lol.  Using complete sentences makes our life easier ...  "yes I figured it out" OR "yes I need help adding it".   Im just as confused from when we first started this merry go round  :D

NekoJonez

Oh my lords, yeah sorry. That was truly a derp of mine.

I meant that I already fixed it myself. >.<

A suggestion would be to add Instagram & Tumblr in the next version.

Twitter
My Blog

Retro Lad

I have just installed this mod. It does not seem to be displaying my social media links in my Ultimate Profile for some reason. What am I missing? (Sorry, noob here, creating my first forum, loL)

Kindred

did you have ultimate profiles installed first? Did you confirm the UP files got changed by this one?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Retro Lad

Quote from: Kindred on May 02, 2013, 12:50:46 PM
did you have ultimate profiles installed first? Did you confirm the UP files got changed by this one?

No. I installed Add Social Icons first. I'll uninstall both and reinstall. That did it. Thank you!

hcfwesker

Quote from: JonezJeA on May 02, 2013, 06:22:45 AMA suggestion would be to add Instagram & Tumblr in the next version.

the was the whole idea of adding the 'create your own" option to the MOD.  Instead of me adding 50 social sites, members can add the ones they prefer to go along with the default ones added.

Quote from: Retro Lad on May 02, 2013, 12:57:22 PMNo. I installed Add Social Icons first. I'll uninstall both and reinstall. That did it. Thank you!

Good to know.  For future reference, if you install a MOD that's compatible with another but  don't have the compatible MOD installed first; most cases you can just goto the MOd's parser page and manually add the edits to the file for that MOD.  In this case the edits for UltimateProfile.template.php from the SMI MOD would have been all you needed to add.

NekoJonez

Quote from: hcfwesker on May 03, 2013, 12:24:37 PM
Quote from: JonezJeA on May 02, 2013, 06:22:45 AMA suggestion would be to add Instagram & Tumblr in the next version.

the was the whole idea of adding the 'create your own" option to the MOD.  Instead of me adding 50 social sites, members can add the ones they prefer to go along with the default ones added.

Okay, now you may call me a true derp.

Okay, I added a button myself in the code and made one myself with the option.

But both don't display in the "Who's Online". Is this a bug with the mod?

Twitter
My Blog

hcfwesker

Quote from: JonezJeA on May 04, 2013, 09:17:07 AMOkay, I added a button myself in the code and made one myself with the option.

But both don't display in the "Who's Online". Is this a bug with the mod?

Quote from: hcfwesker on April 18, 2013, 06:34:46 PM
v1.1.0 Released!

Added admin settings to add their own Custom Social Media icons to display with default icons (See above post!)
Removed Display from Buddies & Who's Online page

Maybe one day I'll re-add them.  but after adding only 3 for testing, they over stretched the Who's Online part where those are displayed.

NekoJonez

Strange, Facebook & others still show at my forum in the Who's Online.

Twitter
My Blog

hcfwesker

Then you're not using version 1.1.0 of the MOD, or you didn't uninstall the previous version, correctly.

NekoJonez

I'm using 1.1.0
Oh well, I don't plan to uninstall it atm.

But it's a minor thingy.

Twitter
My Blog

hcfwesker

Quote from: JonezJeA on May 07, 2013, 09:56:18 AMOh well, I don't plan to uninstall it atm.

what?  you HAVE to uninstall the previous version before installing the latest update.  Otherwise you're going to get errors or duplicate coding.  Your choice.

NekoJonez

I did, and then installed 1.1.0.

But I coded in a Tumblr button myself without knowing you were able to add it via the mod itself.

Edit: I did the debugging myself. 1.0.8 left over a tiny bit of code I manually removed.

Twitter
My Blog

wayoutwest

edit - nevermind, my mistake

hcfwesker

Quote from: wayoutwest on May 11, 2013, 02:20:26 PMSMF v2.0.4
Add Social Media Icons To Profiles v1.0.8

Creating custom SM icons only works for v1.1.0, which the error can't be coming from the MOD if you don't have v1.1.0 installed, and trying to create a "Custom Profile Field"

wayoutwest

Quote from: hcfwesker on May 11, 2013, 03:34:15 PM
Quote from: wayoutwest on May 11, 2013, 02:20:26 PMSMF v2.0.4
Add Social Media Icons To Profiles v1.0.8

Creating custom SM icons only works for v1.1.0, which the error can't be coming from the MOD if you don't have v1.1.0 installed, and trying to create a "Custom Profile Field"
sorry, my mistake. Was confusing the built in custom fields thing with yours, since I never noticed there were built in ones in 2.0 and one of the very first things I did after switching to 2.0 was to install your mod :)

Advertisement: