News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Add & Create Social Media Icons To Profiles

Started by hcfwesker, January 30, 2012, 10:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcfwesker

you're welcome.  Ill have a patch version ready soon for everyone else.  So, everything displays fine on all pages now? even profiles?

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

I notice that thyis mod hit the "Top 5" list of most popular mods, well done...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Quackles

Quote from: hcfwesker on July 06, 2013, 08:56:09 PM
you're welcome.  Ill have a patch version ready soon for everyone else.  So, everything displays fine on all pages now? even profiles?

Yeah looks good everywhere. As far as I can tell.

Mark S

Any chance to look into my error question?  I got over 20,000 errors in 2 days.

hcfwesker

Quote from: Liv42dayOK on July 08, 2013, 09:02:02 PM
Any chance to look into my error question?  I got over 20,000 errors in 2 days.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=467074.msg3569471#msg3569471

Admin panel only lets me see so much, I can't even view Sources files, which is what I mainly need to get a look at.

Mark S

CheeseHead05

Hi hcfwesker,

Sorry I took so long but here is the display.template file..

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Great mod, any interest in the customizing I did to the Statistics page?

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

TheListener

Quote from: Bob Perry on July 12, 2013, 12:15:13 AM
Great mod, any interest in the customizing I did to the Statistics page?

Looks good but I would do away with the male/ female  profile stats and have just one general section for them.

:)

CheeseHead05

Can ANYONE help me with this mod, I am having the hardest time getting my icons to show up and I have tried again and again to sort thru possible problems but cant find out what is wrong. I really would love to have this mod but it is not working in my best interest.  :(

hcfwesker

Dude, I have tried and tried.  But when I ask for details you give me the most vague responses and I either have to repeat my questions or ask for details that you should be providing in the first place. 

So here's what you're going to do, and do it exactly as I say.

On your site, Goto Admin > Packages
Find this MOd on the list, and click [Uninstall]

Once on the Uninstall page, look at ALL the files listed on the page... and list ANY that show errors in RED.

CheeseHead05

./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php   Test failed

Also when I went to look at the manual install instructions, I compared them to my ftp files and some of them needed modifications.

geogeo.gr

Greek language

$txt['smi_facebook_title'] = 'Facebook';
$txt['smi_facebook_desc'] = 'Εισάγετε το όνομα που έχετε στο Facebook.';
$txt['smi_myspace_title'] = 'MySpace';
$txt['smi_myspace_desc'] = 'Εισάγετε το όνομα που έχετε στο MySpace.';
$txt['smi_twitter_title'] = 'Twitter';
$txt['smi_twitter_desc'] = 'Εισάγετε το όνομα που έχετε στο Twitter.';
$txt['smi_youtube_title'] = 'Youtube';
$txt['smi_youtube_desc'] = 'Εισάγετε το όνομα που έχετε στο Youtube.';
$txt['smi_deviantart_title'] = 'DeviantArt';
$txt['smi_deviantart_desc'] = 'Εισάγετε το όνομα που έχετε στο DeviantArt.';
$txt['smi_pinterest_title'] = 'Pinterest';
$txt['smi_pinterest_desc'] = 'Εισάγετε το όνομα που έχετε στο Pinterest.';
$txt['smi_googleplus_title'] = 'Google+';
$txt['smi_googleplus_desc'] = 'Εισάγετε το ID χρήστη που έχετε στο Google+.';
$txt['smi_linkedin_title'] = 'LinkedIn';
$txt['smi_linkedin_desc'] = 'Αντιγραφή & Επικόλληση του συνδέσμου του προφίλ σας στο LinkedIn.';
$txt['custom_edit_placement_withsmiicons'] = 'Με Social Media Icons';
$txt['custom_profile_placement_withsmiicons'] = 'Με Social Media Icons';
$txt['custom_smi_enclose'] = '<strong>Social Media Icons (Μην το παραλείψετε!):</strong>';
$txt['custom_smi_enclose_desc'] = 'Για <u>προσαρμοσμένα Social Media Icons</u>, αυτό πρέπει να συμπληρωθεί. Κάντε κλικ στο εικονίδιο της <strong>Βοήθειας</strong> για λεπτομερείς οδηγίες';
$txt['custom_smiicon_image'] = 'Προσθήκη προσαρμοσμένης εικόνας Social Media Icon';
$txt['custom_smiicon_image_desc'] = 'ΜΟΝΟ για προσαρμοσμένα Social Media Icons. Οι εικόνες πρέπει να έχουν μέγεθος 16 X 16.<br />Μεταφόρτωση εικόνων στο φάκελο <strong>Themes/{όνομα θέματος}/images</strong>';
$txt['customsmi_images_url'] = '{theme URL}/images/';

hcfwesker

Quote from: CheeseHead05 on July 26, 2013, 01:20:56 AM
./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php   Test failed

Also when I went to look at the manual install instructions, I compared them to my ftp files and some of them needed modifications.

As I suggested before, I would uninstall the MOD, then reinstall it.   Shouldn't be too much of a hassle if only the language file is failing on uninstall.  Install it through the package manager, make sure no files have error on installs, then get back with me in this topic.  Also goto your databse tables and check under smf_members to make sure the header columns for this mod got added, like facebook, twitter, youtube, etc.

Quote from: geogeo.gr on July 26, 2013, 03:04:14 PM
Greek language

Awesome!  Thank You so much!

Banaca

I have the same mistake

And when i proof this, it's solved:

Quote from: hcfwesker on July 06, 2013, 04:42:30 PM
Quote from: Quackles on July 03, 2013, 01:55:18 AMWhen the person only has the Twitch and Steam icon in their profile it becomes all weird. If they add just one more from the original like YouTube or Twitter it becomes normal. How do I fix this?

Thanks.

Try making these changes to BOTH Display.template.php & PersonalMessage.templete.php ... strangely I had it right on the Profiletemplate ???

Find
if ($shown)
echo '
</ul>
</li>';
}

// Show the profile, website, email address, and personal message buttons.

Replace with
if ($shown)
echo '';
}

// Show the profile, website, email address, and personal message buttons.

I tested this in every way possible, but it's members like yourself that help test in every way imaginable :)  So let me know what you find.  I tested with only default SMI icons, only custom SMI icons, Both, and then each with some custom profile options as well.

But, I have a problem with my language mod when i do this

I don't have very good english, sorry for that

OzzyMozzy

Hi, Im' looking for some help please. Im getting a lot of errors logged with this mod.

This is what im getting

8: Undefined index: customsmiicon

File: /home4/******/public_html/Sources/Load.php
Line: 1365

And this is the line from 1360 - 1371

$memberContext[$user]['custom_fields'][] = array(
'title' => $custom['title'],
'colname' => $custom['colname'],
'value' => $value,
'placement' => !empty($custom['placement']) ? $custom['placement'] : 0,
'customsmiicon' => $custom['customsmiicon'],
);
}
}

return true;
}

hcfwesker

Quote from: Banaca on July 27, 2013, 07:44:47 AMBut, I have a problem with my language mod when i do this

I don't have very good english, sorry for that

If you don't provide any details on what the problem is then I can't try and begin to come up with a solution.  Can you provide screenshots?

Quote from: OzzyMozzy on July 27, 2013, 10:15:10 AM8: Undefined index: customsmiicon

File: /home4/******/public_html/Sources/Load.php
Line: 1365

I haven't had time to delve into fixing this in the code itself, but if you want to stop the error in your error log, just create a Custom Profile Field and use the Social Media Icons 'placement' option, and add an image to it where it asks for it, then just leave the custom profile field as NOT active if you don't plan on using it. 

ares0027

am i the only one who cannot find the section to add custom tabs? (core theme, no other themes installed at all, english-uf8 forum with turkish-utf8 available to users)

CheeseHead05

Problem: After installing this mod, my profile fields are showing up twice under my name in the forum.

TheListener

QuoteAt a guess I would say some of the code has been double probably by an uninstall and reinstall.

Advertisement: