News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Add & Create Social Media Icons To Profiles

Started by hcfwesker, January 30, 2012, 10:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheListener

TheListener

Good to see you use the same theme as my forum  :D

But all I see is the log in page.  ???

Kindred

and... from the post up above - I bet he uninstalled (per hcfwesker's instructions) but ignored the warnings during the uninstall and not all the code was properly uninstalled.

At this point, the only thing you can do, CheeseHead05, is to MANUALLY check each and every code edit and confirm that the edit was only done ONCE
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

NekoJonez

Maybe this is reported already but all profile fields I create with this mod, aren't hidden for guests.
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

CheeseHead05

hcfwesker

Quote from: CheeseHead05 on August 03, 2013, 03:48:04 PM
Oh no Kindred,  :'( please don't say that.... :(

It's EASIER than you think.  Goto the MOD download page, parse the mod for 2.0.4 , then just go through each file listed and check the edits and make sure there are no duplicates.  Since, of course, you gave no details I can't tell you which files to start with.  so check them all.

Quote from: NekoJonez on August 03, 2013, 03:08:06 PM
Maybe this is reported already but all profile fields I create with this mod, aren't hidden for guests.

That's strange, since the output code is added in the "no guests" part of mini-profiles.   I'll take a look at it once I get the chance.

NekoJonez

Another minor issue/remark is that every social network displays in my admin section on the profile fields with a lower case first letter.

If possible, can you look into this?
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

elf_fu

Hello! I love this mod a lot, but I have 1 problem and 1 question.

Problem: I am having the spacing issue on one of the two main themes on my forum. This may be because I am not php savvy. Please forgive me ahead of time!

My forum: gr.2phatgeeks.com
Version: 2.0.4
Mods installed: KeyCAPTCHA for SMF    2.5 
SimplePortal    2.3.5 
Ban List    2.0 
Dice Roller BBcode    1.3 
PM to New Members    1.2 
Treasury    2.12 
Separate the sticky topics
Add Social Media Icons To Profiles

Themes:
Core Theme
SMF Default Theme - Curve
Argentum2 Enhanced: http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2234 - Displaying correctly now
Back-in-Black: http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=126 - Spacing odd

When I installed from package, for my lighter theme, Argentum2 Enhanced, the package manager told me I had no errors. However, for my dark theme, Back-in-Black, the package manager let me know I had an install error on Disaply.template.php.

I attempted to edit Display.template.php & PersonalMessage.template in Notepad ++ and the theme Back n Black first before touching edits in Argentum2 Enhanced.  Unfortunately, I think I am doing it wrong. Here is the screenshots for the edited Back n Black theme:

How may I fix the display for Back n Black?

Second my question is: I would like to add 2 custom profile fields that link to profiles on a phpBB forum. Where in the URL's for profiles on phpBB forums looks like: http://www.awesomephpBBforumprofile.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1  How could I make this happen with your mod if it is?

Thank you SO much for any patience and help!

GR

CheeseHead05

Is it possible to link the actual member's social network page to the icons instead just displaying a name?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: CheeseHead05 on August 09, 2013, 04:55:24 PM
Is it possible to link the actual member's social network page to the icons instead just displaying a name?

What happens when you click on the icon?

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

CheeseHead05

Quote from: Bob Perry on August 09, 2013, 06:05:52 PM
Quote from: CheeseHead05 on August 09, 2013, 04:55:24 PM

What happens when you click on the icon?

When I click the icon, I only get facebook's sign in page.

Oh boy, Im pretty sure this file (Load.php) is the reason why my icons show up twice. Can anyone make it through this maze of confusion? Starting with line 1134-1273.

Kindred

your icons show up twice because you installed the mod twice.
There are likely MULTIPLE areas of duplicated code... most likely display.template.php instead of load.php

If you get the facebook login page, then something is wrong with your setup... because the icons work just fine for me
Слaва
Украинi

CheeseHead05

kindred,

I removed a duplicate code from the display.template and it work, but that is all I did. Im pretty sure more "cleaning" needs to be done in other folders. If I leave the "trash" will it hurt me in the end?

Kindred

probably. duplicated code is just one more vector for errors to start - especially as you add other mods.
Слaва
Украинi

CheeseHead05

Kindred,

Luckily, I only had one duplicate code that I fixed  :) I went thru all of the file edits and boy did that take some time...

hcfwesker

Quote from: elf_fu on August 05, 2013, 03:25:08 AMHowever, for my dark theme, Back-in-Black, the package manager let me know I had an install error on Display.template.php.
I appreciate the amount of info you provided.  Also, whenever you are in doubt of a file you've edited or believe may be an issue, feel free to always attach it to your support post.  Can you go ahead and attach that file ( Display.template.php ) from your Back-in-Black theme.

QuoteSecond my question is: I would like to add 2 custom profile fields that link to profiles on a phpBB forum. Where in the URL's for profiles on phpBB forums looks like: http://www.awesomephpBBforumprofile.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1  How could I make this happen with your mod if it is?

Just curious, is this going to be available for all members on your site?  And do they all have profiles, themselves, on this phpBB forum?  Just making sure using this MOD for that request would be ideal.

To do so, just add this in Show Enclosed Within Text (Optional):

http://www.awesomephpBBforumprofile.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u={INPUT}

Then, in the description field that members will see, instruct them to add their member ID number from that phpBB forum.  In your case the memberID would be 1

elf_fu

hcfwesker,

Thank you so much for your reply. And I hope I didn't overwhelm you with too much info. I wasn't sure what would help, but figured the more the merrier! I've attached my current Back n' Black display.template.php.

QuoteJust curious, is this going to be available for all members on your site?  And do they all have profiles, themselves, on this phpBB forum?  Just making sure using this MOD for that request would be ideal.

On my website currently: yes. Almost all of my members are from either one or the other.
My website is a role playing website set in a fictional universe called RhyDin. The two other phpBB forums that I would like to link to, are also set in the same fictional universe. (The fictional universe is open to all to use and to RP in).  One of the websites is a dueling venue that has custom profiles that shows off members awards won through those duels, the other is a website that has been around much longer, and members there have accumulated many custom inventory items, gifts and prizes and so on-I would like to link to their profiles so that I can foster a feeling of community through out all three and so that members can show off their community participation in all of them.

I hope that makes sense!

I will try this out immediately. I believe I was putting the{INPUT} in the wrong area. Thank you again for getting back to me!

GR

hcfwesker

You're welcome.  My free time is very limited so I appreciate you being patient until I could get back to this topic.  If you need any help with your phpBB profile links anymore just let me know.

Quote from: elf_fu on August 12, 2013, 12:29:30 AMI've attached my current Back n' Black display.template.php.

Try this in the file. (seeing as your custom theme uses different css, should work by using the same as the IM icons)

find
// This shows the social media icons.
if ($message['member']['has_messenger'] && $message['member']['can_view_profile'])
echo '
<li class="im_icons">

Replace with
// This shows the social media icons.
if ($message['member']['has_messenger'] && $message['member']['can_view_profile'])
echo '
<li class="margintop">

hcfwesker

Quote from: NekoJonez on August 03, 2013, 03:08:06 PM

Seems that even though SMF2 defauult Custom Profile Fields are located within the "guests cannot view" parts of the mini-profile, they're still viewable to guests.  I haven't tested, but perhaps try this in the Display.template.php ...

Find
// Any custom fields with Social Media?
if (!empty($message['member']['custom_fields']))

Replace with
// Any custom fields with Social Media?
if ((!empty($message['member']['custom_fields'])) && !$context['user']['is_guest'])

Advertisement: