Add & Create Social Media Icons To Profiles

Started by hcfwesker, January 30, 2012, 10:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheListener

QuoteIf anyone is interested

The mods author is the person to speak to.

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

NekoJonez

Each time I try to add a new custom icon thingy, it says that I can't add "col_name" in 2.0.7

Is this a bug with my forum or the mod?
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

NekoJonez

Twitter
My Blog

hcfwesker

Honestly don't know what to tell you, unless you uninstall and reinstall the mod.  Members info will remain intact.  How painsaking as it sounds, check the files and make sure all edits are there.  You may have done some file editing or replacing and something out of the blue could have happened.  I'd recommend starting with ManageSettings.php and Themes/default/Admin.template.php

SELECT col_name, field_name, field_type, bbc, enclose, placement, customsmiicon

And check your database in the {prefix}custom_fields table and make sure customsmiicon is there and on the last column

Just installed on a fresh 2.0.7 forum, clean install, added a test icon, modified it from my profile, with no errors appearing in the Error Log.

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

hcfwesker

Quote from: Bob Perry on January 25, 2014, 09:07:54 PM
If anyone is interested, I have a method of customizing/tweaking this mod so that spammers cannot exploit it with their stupidity... it only requires one other mod and some minor tweaks to Profile_Modify.php, & what happens is that members will not be able to post anything in selected Profile fields until they make a preset number of successful posts...

yeah, dumb spambots fill theirs out on my site too with dumb invalid links.  Though, having it with another MOD and cutom coding isn't something I can just add to the MOD, but you're more than welcome to share it.  In time, I could possibly add permissions for these to be modified under member & post group permissions

NekoJonez

And, it's fixed. Stupid code duplicating.

Thanks for the support.

Twitter
My Blog

Jogai

Modifications.dutch.php

$txt['smi_buddies_title'] = 'Sociale Netwerken';
$txt['smi_facebook_title'] = 'Facebook';
$txt['smi_facebook_desc'] = 'Dit is je Facebook gebruikersnaam.';
$txt['smi_myspace_title'] = 'MySpace';
$txt['smi_myspace_desc'] = 'Dit is je MySpace gebruikersnaam.';
$txt['smi_twitter_title'] = 'Twitter';
$txt['smi_twitter_desc'] = 'Dit is je Twitter gebruikersnaam.';
$txt['smi_youtube_title'] = 'Youtube';
$txt['smi_youtube_desc'] = 'Dit is je Youtube gebruikersnaam.';
$txt['smi_deviantart_title'] = 'DeviantArt';
$txt['smi_deviantart_desc'] = 'Dit is je DeviantArt gebruikersnaam.';
$txt['smi_pinterest_title'] = 'Pinterest';
$txt['smi_pinterest_desc'] = 'Dit is je Pinterest gebruikersnaam.';
$txt['smi_googleplus_title'] = 'Google+';
$txt['smi_googleplus_desc'] = 'Dit is je Google+ ID (kan een nummer of een naam zijn).';
$txt['smi_linkedin_title'] = 'LinkedIn';
$txt['smi_linkedin_desc'] = 'Kopieer en plak je LinkedIn profiel link.';
$txt['custom_edit_placement_withsmiicons'] = 'Met Sociale Media Iconen';
$txt['custom_profile_placement_withsmiicons'] = 'Met Sociale Media Iconen';
$txt['custom_smi_enclose'] = '<strong>Sociale Media Iconen (NIET Overslaan!):</strong>';
$txt['custom_smi_enclose_desc'] = 'Dit moet volledig worden ingevuld voor <u>aangepaste Sociale Media Iconen</u>. Klik het <strong>Help</strong> icoon voor gedetailleerde instructies.';
$txt['custom_smiicon_image'] = 'Voeg een aangepast icoon toe';
$txt['custom_smiicon_image_desc'] = 'ALLEEN voor aangepaste iconen. Plaatjes moeten 16x16 pixels groot zijn. <br />Upload plaatjes naar de <strong>Themes/{theme name}/images</strong> map';
$txt['customsmi_images_url'] = '{theme URL}/images/';

megalukes

Hey, hcfwesker. I installed the mod manually today but somehow something happened to all my forum posts. In every post, the profile area is blank, only the user's name is shown. Look:

The weird part is that this error only happens with normal members. Members who are part of a member group like Moderators and Admins are normal.

I already uninstalled the modification and deleted the database tables related to it manually but the error still persists. Did this ever happened to someone else?

TheListener

Have you checked your error log?

Do the members without a group have avatars?

megalukes

There's nothing in the error log. And yes, all normal members have avatars. It's weird because I can look at their profiles and everything is there (image).

Everything is ok as you see, it's just that they don't show up on posts for some reason since I installed this mod.

Kindred

you, very obviously, made a mistake in adding code to the display.template.php file
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

megalukes

Quote from: Kindred on February 09, 2014, 01:05:25 AM
you, very obviously, made a mistake in adding code to the display.template.php file

Ah. I uploaded the default display.template.php file from smf and now it worked. That's weird because I had reverted all the changes the mode did before. Anyway, thanks for the help guys  ;D

Congrats on making the top five most popular modules in the modifications section ;)

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

lmt

This is great! Is there any chance of getting Goodreads added?

hcfwesker

Quote from: lmt on February 25, 2014, 10:42:04 AM
This is great! Is there any chance of getting Goodreads added?

ummmm. the purpose of the mod is so you can add your own ;)  check the mod download page for a link to instructions on how to do this.

Dzonny

Just wondering, hows this different than default feature in 2.0.x versions, we can add custom fields with icons that would show under the profile info in posts, or I'm missing something? Just wanted to ask...

Quote from: Dzonny on March 15, 2014, 06:59:02 PM
Just wondering, hows this different than default feature in 2.0.x versions, we can add custom fields with icons that would show under the profile info in posts, or I'm missing something? Just wanted to ask...

not too far off, except that these are not just images they are also links...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Dzonny

Quote from: Bob Perry on March 15, 2014, 07:04:42 PM
Quote from: Dzonny on March 15, 2014, 06:59:02 PM

not too far off, except that these are not just images they are also links...

Same can be done with custom profile fields...With links ofc. I'm using it on my forum for a while now without any modifications...

Advertisement: